Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

BIG Changes to the Glitchy Universe

genkicoll
    genkicoll

BIG Changes to the Glitchy Universe Empty BIG Changes to the Glitchy Universe

Post by genkicoll Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:39 pm

We have our /homes, which are a big change, and which only those who read the Glitch forums would know about, but as of today, we have some major changes that ANYONE who plays the game will see!

There are five new regions:

• Cauda (foxes)

• Fenneq (foxes)

• Folivoria (sloths)

• Sura (foxes)

• Tahli (sloths)

In these new regions you will find reserves, parks, and habitats, wherein lie our new animals! The Fox and the Sloth! BIG Changes to the Glitchy Universe 2520623126

In addition to the completely new regions are new streets in existing regions!

Alakol:

• Gimja Preserve
    • Kobah Habitat
    • Onbo Park

Besara:

• Ajiga Habitat
    • Ebijab Preserve
    • Hosta Park
    • Jiji Preserve

Bortola:

• Gavad Park
    • Rijul Habitat
    • Rutase Preserve
    • Tilnat Park

Muufo:

• Andaya Park
    • Gutan Preserve
    • Naama Habitat
    • Tuara Park

Rasana:

• Kermu Park
    • Luma Preserve

Salatu:

• Jansin Park

Tamila:

• Jansib Preserve
    • Manoq Preserve
    • Samga Preserve

As of this moment, this seems to be all, but it could still change! The devs mentioned that new area additions could take several hours BIG Changes to the Glitchy Universe 364988687
    bribling

BIG Changes to the Glitchy Universe Empty Re: BIG Changes to the Glitchy Universe

Post by bribling Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:46 am

As usual, there is beautiful new scenery all across UR. In the Southern areas near Shimla are even some old Groddle Meadow floral displays as well as some new northern mountain views. I have not yet been to the new Northern areas.

I went Fox hunting yesterday. I first purchased a Loom and Spindle at an Animal Goods vendor but I could not find a Brush or a Brushing permit. I was delighted when I arrived at the first Fox Brushing Preserve that the Ranger there had everything I needed. I was able to purchase a Permit from the Ranger for 500C. This price included 30 Fox Bait and a Brush. Additional Bait can be purchased from the Rangers. The foxes are very fast. Light some Bait and you will have 2 or 3 lit bait fly into the air and land nearby. Wait a second or two and a fox will approach. When he raises his tail to eat, hold your brush over it to get several fibers from the tail. You must be quick. I found this difficult as I have some pain in my hands. If you have arthritis or are just a bit slow, continue on to the outer Preserves where there are fewer Glitch Fox hunters. I found it a little easier to brush tails where i had little or no competition.

I am now on my way to find the sloths. I suspect that they are much slower than foxes and should be easier to "catch" - Lol!

BTW, Completist Badges were not yet available as of Tuesday when the new locations opened. Still, I walked every new street of the Fox Preserves in the South. You will note that the maps are buggy and will show completed streets only to "forget" about it later. I have been assured that despite that, the maps do remember where you have been.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

BIG Changes to the Glitchy Universe Empty Re: BIG Changes to the Glitchy Universe

Post by genkicoll Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:14 am

Brib, I have a solution for you and others like us who have trouble with the quickness of the foxes:

Zoom out to about .7, then position yourself between two breaks in the brush. When you see a fox coming (for it is easy to see where it's going now), grab your brush and wait for it to pause in the clearing. Release the button and voila~ brushed fox! :D
    bribling

Post by bribling Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:02 pm

Thanks so much for the Tip on brushing! I can't wait to try it!

I went into the new Sloth areas and collected over 200 "snails". I also won all of the Completist badges for the new areas and found two new Seam streets that are a lot of fun.

Stoot remarked that the subs were not going to last long. this caused a panic and most of Wednesday was filled with a lot of train riders trying to get Badges before the subways disappeared. Later Stoot "clarified". The subs will remain but in a different context or form. Wednesday was a very long day for me as I walked the new streets and brushed foxes, fed Sloths and rode the trains with various friends. I expect to dream about it all tonight!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 am