Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Strange Cases 3: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake

genkicoll
    genkicoll

strange - Strange Cases 3: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake Empty Strange Cases 3: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake

Post by genkicoll Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:59 am

Strange Cases: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake
    by Sulus Games

Series links: Strange Cases 1: The Tarot Card Mystery, Strange Cases 2: The Lighthouse Mystery, Strange Cases 3: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake, Strange Cases 4: The Faces of Vengeance

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector'sEdition/ Standard Edition
    iWin Standard Edition for PC

strange - Strange Cases 3: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake Fea_wide_2

Discover the Secrets of Grey Mist Lake! FBI Agent Claire Ellery has discovered another Strange Case and she needs your help to get to the bottom of a set of Strange circumstances. Explore a town only spoken of in legend in this incredible Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game and save the day. Dive into Strange Cases: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake and uncover an incredible story with shocking twists!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus gameplay
    • Integrated Strategy Guide
    • Wonderful Wallpapers
    • Concept Art

For the Standard Edition:

Click images to enlarge
    strange - Strange Cases 3: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake Th_screen1 strange - Strange Cases 3: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake Th_screen2 strange - Strange Cases 3: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

strange - Strange Cases 3: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake Empty Re: Strange Cases 3: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:59 am

Not Entirely Mediocre

Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

First of all, yes, the GRAPHICS STINK. Even allowing for the age of the game, they are just not up to an acceptable CE (or even SE) standard. They are GRAINY, MONOCHROMATIC and dull. It makes some of the objects difficult to see and does interfere with the enjoyment of the game. Which is why I rated it down one star.

The thing that SAVES this game from being just another mediocre HOG is the TAROT CARDS. In order to uncover the LIST of HO needed, you must first find the cards. This can be quite a challenge, because you will need to do some interaction, usually using an item from inventory, before you can get it. I like the extra level of difficulty on otherwise uninteresting HOS. I also liked the FLASHLIGHT that we got to keep for the duration, which could light up the ‘magic’ shadows as well as regular light.

As I say, not many PUZZLES, but what there were VARIED in DIFFICULTY and some were ones I’ve never seen before. The ‘getting around’ ADVENTURE gameplay was OKAY, not so difficult that you’re using the STRATEGY GUIDE all the time, but not always obvious. There is NO MAP, and I think that was a mistake, a map would have helped make sense out of the gameplay and reduced the toing and froing. HINT was USELESS outside HOS.

The main characters had VOICEOVERS, and for the most part were good, but there was one guy, I swear he was trying to get a laugh, and he sure succeeded with me. MUSIC uninspiring and repetitive. Some of the CUTSCENES were cool.

Familiar STORY, car crash, missing boyfriend, strange town that disappears and then reappears, inhabited by ghosts who are doomed to stay in the thrall of an evil witch, unless you can complete their earthly tasks for them.

As an SE, this game might have been worthy of a higher rating in its day. But now, it just can’t compete.

Bonus Content Review

NONE of the bonus items can be unlocked until the full game and bonus are complete. The BONUS CHAPTER took me roughly 1 hour. It is all-NEW LOCATIONS, puzzles and HOS. Had a surreal touch that made it a bit interesting, but I didn’t like the STORY at all.

The rest was the usual SG, WALLPAPER, CONCEPT ART & MUSIC.

I Can't Recommend This Game!

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 am