Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Living Legends 1: Ice Rose

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Living Legends 1: Ice Rose Empty Living Legends 1: Ice Rose

Post by genkicoll Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:44 am

Living Legends: Ice Rose

Series links: Living Legends 1: Ice Rose, Living Legends 2: Frozen Beauty, Living Legends 3: Wrath of the Beast

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    GameHouse as Premium Edition / Standard Edition
    Steam as Collector's Edition in the Living Legends: Frozen Fear Collection

Living Legends 1: Ice Rose Living-legends-ice-rose-collectors-edition_feature

Novelist Edward Grand has found evidence of a terrible tragedy in the city of Rosemount and sets off to investigate in Living Legends: Ice Rose! Help Edward gather information for his new book and explore the Castle of Ice Queen in this incredible Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game. Scour the frozen landscapes and thaw out important locations as you solve an intriguing mystery in Living Legends: Ice Rose!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus gameplay
    • Wonderful wallpapers
    • Concept Art

For the Standard Edition

Click images to enlarge
    Living Legends 1: Ice Rose Th_screen1_Living Legends 1: Ice Rose Th_screen2_Living Legends 1: Ice Rose Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Living Legends 1: Ice Rose Empty Re: Living Legends 1: Ice Rose

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:15 am

Icy Charm****

Sunny Sunny SunnySunny 

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

BRIEF IMPRESSIONS
    How spoiled we have all become! We do expect so much more of games than we did even just a year ago.

This is a good game that was hugely popular when it was released, only 18 months ago. But there are no voiceovers, few sound effects, barely heard music. No useful hint outside HO scenes (“Nothing to do here right now”). There is no map, interactive or not. The HO scenes themselves have no animation, they are almost all interactive lists, with very limited interaction, and visited twice. The puzzles are, now at least, all familiar. How many of us would as enthusiastically recommend it today?

And this IS a good game. The gameplay is absorbing, the graphics are high quality and beautiful, the puzzles are interesting, and everything moves at a good pace. The story is fairly old hat – the Ice Queen has been released by gullible men she has lured to do her bidding, and your silly fool of a husband is the next in line. You must save him and the world by destroying her power, and end the endless winter. This game tells that story smoothly integrated with the gameplay, keeping us busy as we delve deeper into the frozen land.

One thing that was really well done was the transformation of scenes from winter to emergent spring. It’s my favourite special effect I never get tired of it, and I love the way it is done here.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
    If you want an immersive wintery experience, one that is comfortable and relaxing, rather than thriller material, I think you’d enjoy this one.

I Recommend This Game!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:45 pm

Living Legends 1: Ice Rose

I played these out of order, and can say that this first installment is much like the second (review of #1 HERE), so I will concentrate on the differences.

• NO voiceovers
    • Graphics pretty, but not quite as beautiful as in the second game
    • Standard hidden object scenes only
    • NO in-game achievements
    • NO Collectibles (or pet)

Collector's Edition Extras:

• Bonus Chapter
    • 6 Wallpapers
    • 4 Screensavers
    • 3 Music Tracks (don't see a way to save them)
    • 24 Concept Art
    • 14 Movies
    • 27 Puzzles
    • 14 Hidden Object Scenes

The Bonus Chapter continues the story, and I have to say, it's a bit unfair that those who bought the Standard Edition (non-Steam) didn't get to play this - it both gives some important information that you truly need to fully understand the story, and gives you the true ending... Otherwise you're left with a cliffhanger that won't be resolved by playing the second game!

Despite the fact that Ice Rose lacks the polish that was present in #2, Frozen Beauty, it is still absolutely worth playing. Okay

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 am