Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Amulet of Time: Shadow of la Rochelle

Post by genkicoll on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:53 pm

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC and Mac

When the ghost of the beautiful Diane de Poitiers appears in front of you, you are transported back in time in Amulet of Time: Shadow of la Rochelle! Explore France and an incredible love story in this amazing Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game. Uncover a conspiracy against the king’s mistress and protect her to return to the present. Live through an incredible tale in Amulet of Time: Shadow of la Rochelle!

• Explore beautiful France
    • Protect the king's mistress
    • Change the past to return home!
    • Blog Walkthrough (Big Fish)

Click images to enlarge

To the world you may be one person;
    but to one person you may be the world.

Re: Amulet of Time: Shadow of la Rochelle

Post by JustTheFacts on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:52 am

Beautiful And Unique; A Charming Game
    Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny

Although there is a fleshed out story, some adventure and a few puzzles, the focus of this game is the HOs. The gameplay is unique – each location consists of a few rooms, usually in a scrollable format. With each new task, you get a list of items needed to complete it (objectives), but for them to be found usually requires completion of at least three HOs and a puzzle, as well as found items lying about. It’s actually a great deal of fun.

The game has got the right stuff – truly beautiful graphics, interesting and original story, some neatly shocking surprises, ghosts with great voiceovers and animation, logical gameplay. Would have easily made it to five stars even though I prefer more A in my HOPAs, except the developers completely failed the historical accuracy test. Sad to see, because they did a brilliant job of creating a romantically medieval atmosphere.  

I recommend this game!

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:49 pm