Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Nutrition, Food, and Diet sites

Varley

Nutrition, Food, and Diet sites Empty Nutrition, Food, and Diet sites

Post by Varley Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:12 pm

OK. I've recently gotten into an awareness of diet. Not A diet, but diet. And I've found 2 really useful sites for me:
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/
    is part of Self magazine - I think. Anyway, you can input almost any food and find a nutritional label for it. PLUS you get all sorts of charts and if you're detail-oriented (anal - some people would call it) you would be able to see more than the average person would ever want to see about the nutritional value, the nutrients, the micro-nutrients .... the glycemic load, the saiety factor and much more. You can sign up and track your daily intake - haven't done THAT yet, but it's only a matter of time. Belly laugh

The other good site for me is
    http://allrecipes.com/

at the top you can select Ingredients. Then put in up to 3 items you have on hand and/or 3 items you DON'T have on hand. Other keywords optional. Hit Enter - and you get a recipe!!!! Or, usually, LOTS of recipes! OMG what a helpful site!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Nutrition, Food, and Diet sites Empty Re: Nutrition, Food, and Diet sites

Post by genkicoll Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:03 am

Oh, that's awesome, Varley (and so glad you came to play! Big smile )

I have so many dietary restrictions because of being gluten-free, it can be overwhelming. I've posted gluten-free variations on some of my recipes, but here is a link to a good site:

Gluten-Free Goddess - Highly recommended to me by a friend whose daughter is incredibly sensitive to gluten.
    kac

Post by kac Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:22 pm

I like allrecipes when I'm looking for something.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:14 am