Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Grim Tales 1: The Bride

genkicoll

Grim Tales 1: The Bride

Post by genkicoll on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:24 pm

Grim Tales: The Bride
    by Elephant Games

Series links:  Grim Tales 1: The Bride, Grim Tales 2: The Legacy, Grim Tales 3: The Wishes, Grim Tales 4: The Stone Queen, Grim Tales 5: Bloody Mary, Grim Tales 6: The Vengeance, Grim Tales 7: Color of Fright, Grim Tales 8: The Final Suspect

Available at
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin  Standard Edition for PC

After your sister vanishes on her wedding day no one has any  idea what happened to her, so it’s up to you to find the truth! Some  believe she drowned, but her body was never found. Return to the  abandoned family mansion and search for clues in Grim Tales: The Bride.  Explore your sister’s memories to solve the mystery of her disappearance  in this exciting Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!  

Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus gameplay
    • Wonderful wallpapers
    • Stunning soundtrack
    • Concept art

For the Standard Edition

• Strategy Guide
    • Walkthrough (Big Fish)

Click images to enlarge

Last edited by genkicoll on Sun May 17, 2015 5:57 pm; edited 3 times in total

JustTheFacts

Re: Grim Tales 1: The Bride

Post by JustTheFacts on Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:24 am

Would You Sacrifice Your Soul For Your Sister?

Sunny Sunny SunnySunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

This series is one of my favourite, and I have as much fun playing these games for 4th and 5th time as I did the first.

In this game we are first introduced to our character, a concerned sister who is determined to find out what really happened to her sister. The sister, Luisa, was last seen being pushed off a bridge on her wedding day.

Arriving back at the family home, you are confronted by a demon who says he will make a bargain with you, he will allow you to enter your sister’s memories in order to find a chance of saving her, but if you don’t succeed, he gets your soul. Thus begins your journey through the recent past of  your sister.

In terms of STORY, this game is on shaky grounds. Exactly what you can do to save your sister is a mystery, what might have happened to her is equally unclear. But there’s enough there to be going on with, so it doesn’t affect your enjoyment of the gameplay.

GAMEPLAY consists of WORD LIST HOS primarily, interspersed with some interesting PUZZLES. Nothing is too difficult, although I did have to skip a couple. HINT tells you exactly what to do next, eg. “There’s a hammer by the right door in the bunker”. There is NO MAP, but this is not a game where one would be helpful. Each mini-adventure is confined to its own locations.

ARTWORK in this series is spectacular. The opening splash already had me committed to buying this one. The developers do marvellous VISUAL EFFECTS, and the GRAPHICS both in and out of HOS was clear, detailed, beautiful and colourful.  

Great use was made of SOUND in this game. MUSIC was very pleasant and unobtrusive, allowing you to enjoy the ENVIRONMENTAL SOUNDS, until at an appropriately tense moment it blasts in. Certainly made me jump.

This is a really fun beginning to an ongoing saga with games following similar stories and game structure.

Not to be missed.

I Recommend This Game!

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:43 am