Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Delaware St. John 1 - The Curse of Midnight Manor

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Delaware St. John 1 - The Curse of Midnight Manor Empty Delaware St. John 1 - The Curse of Midnight Manor

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:47 pm

Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor

Series links: Delaware St. John 1: The Curse of Midnight Manor, Delaware St. John 2: The Town With No Name, Delaware St. John 3: The Seacliff Tragedy

Delaware St. John 1 - The Curse of Midnight Manor Delaware-st-john-the-curse-of-midnight-manor_feature

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC

Delaware St. John is able to see the extraordinary, and uses his gift to solve mysteries. One night, he ends up in the decrepit remains of an abandoned building, nicknamed Midnight Manor. Eerie voices call to Delaware, asking him to right the wrongs of their past. Delaware is not alone in the rotting building and will need your help in Delware St. John: The Curse of Midnight Manor, a spooky Adventure game!

Click images to enlarge
    Delaware St. John 1 - The Curse of Midnight Manor Th_screen1 Delaware St. John 1 - The Curse of Midnight Manor Th_screen2 Delaware St. John 1 - The Curse of Midnight Manor Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Delaware St. John 1 - The Curse of Midnight Manor Empty Re: Delaware St. John 1 - The Curse of Midnight Manor

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:59 pm

Delaware St. John: The Curse of Midnight Manor (Adventure-lite)

After buying this game long ago, I finally got around to playing it through, today.

What a delightfully spooky game, exactly what I was looking for Delaware St. John 1 - The Curse of Midnight Manor Biggrin

You might have noticed that I deemed this game an "Adventure-lite". What I mean by that is that is is a real adventure game, but not as long, nor as diabolically hard as most "Large File Adventures" (ie. Myst).

The game has sliders for both music and voice, and there is an option to have subtitles in English, Spanish, or no subtitles at all. I like having the subtitles, since sometimes I get interrupted around here (imagine that!), and I can hurry and read ahead if I need to. You can NOT skip dialog and/or cutscenes, but they aren't very long, and you'll really need the information you're getting.

Now, when I originally tried this game I ended up deleting it due to navigation frustrations... but then I remembered just how spooky and environmental the game was... and the banter between Delaware and his partner was a lot of fun... So I went back and bought it Delaware St. John 1 - The Curse of Midnight Manor Sunny I'm glad I did.

The game is really not hard to figure out, but you MUST get the hang of the navigation before you progress too far into the game. BELIEVE me, you'll need to know your way around, so move around a lot until you have it down.

HINT
    : The DOWN arrow in this game makes you TURN AROUND (unlike the IHOG's we're used to, which will make you go back the way you came).

The first part of the game seemed rather short to me, but the second part was much longer. You'll load the 2nd part of the game from the main menu, once you complete the 1st.

DON'T FORGET TO SAVE! This is an adventure, and like all true adventures, you must save manually! Save often, and use multiple slots.You can't get "killed" like in some of these games, but believe me, you will regret it if you don't save often!

You do have a HINT button (which makes you contact your partner), but if all else fails, there's a lovely walkthrough at Big Fish. Find the link in post #1.

I definitely enjoyed the game Delaware St. John 1 - The Curse of Midnight Manor Biggrin

WARNING: Not for the faint of heart/easily scared.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm