Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

4 posters

News and Changes to GGG

genkicoll
    genkicoll

News and Changes to GGG Empty News and Changes to GGG

Post by genkicoll Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:17 pm

OK, folks, I have news regarding Genki's Game Gab. The site that began as a backup for the Pub has taken on a life of its own, and has evolved into something new. I would now like to make GGG another sister-site to the Pub.

I will continue to post threads for the most "notable" games - they games that we all love to talk about and/or review, and not so much with the games that most of us probably won't even look at. Of COURSE I'll start threads for any game that someone wants a thread on News and Changes to GGG Wink For instance, at the moment Orczz has no thread here right now, but if Cordia (who loves tower defense games) becomes active at GGG, you can bet it would have a thread!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, news for Genki's Game Gab, itself!

I have implemented the "Featured Game of the Week", which you can find HERE. Every week I will add a new banner to the site, featuring graphics from a different game. In the thread I've linked to above, I'll talk about why I've chosen it, and we can talk about the varied aspects of the game. If we become active enough, I'd like to make it a guess-this-game feature News and Changes to GGG 3994664780

All game topics are linked to in alphabetical lists, which you can easily find in both the Lists section and pinned at the top of each game forum.

I just finished up the FaunaSphere section for those of us who want to reminisce about the game, and I'm seriously considering adding a Glitchsection, since so many of our FaunaSphere friends have joined the ranks of Glitch-players.

I am in the process of adding tutorials to the site, such as how to post images and links, and anything else that members might need to navigate/use GGG.

One last thing, and that is a reminder that if you do not have an ad blocker, you will see flashing buttons saying things like, DOWNLOAD FAILED! or PLAY NOW/DOWNLOAD or YOU HAVE A NEW MESSAGE!
    DO NOT click on these messages!
    They are advertisements, and while I understand that it is my price to pay for using a free forum, I do not appreciate how these ads masquerade as though they are an integral part of my site, ie. "You Have 2 New Messages!" I consider that false advertising, hence my warning.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

News and Changes to GGG Empty Re: News and Changes to GGG

Post by genkicoll Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:03 am

I put a few hours of work into a couple of things recently, so I wanted to be sure and mention what I've changed.

First of all, I changed the Game Series and Genre listing to a hopefully easier to understand format. Any game that has a topic here at GGG is linked in, and if there's any game(s) you want added to the site, either post in the series thread or in this one.

Second, I bumped the thread yesterday, but I want to thank DD again for her help in keeping track of the info that needs to go in to the Developed by / Published by list. I spent a long time yesterday updating it with all of the info she'd compiled.

The List of CE and Premium Edition Games is woefully out-of-date, but I will try to get that one updated soon, too.

Finally, I have been remiss in keeping up with the Mac releases. I always add the information to the game threads when the Mac version is released at the same time as the PC version, but I haven't been checking the Mac releases every day to update the threads.

I certainly don't mind tracking and adding the Mac releases, but first I'd like to know if anyone here actually looks for that information, so my question is:

Would you like me to track Mac releases here at GGG?
    _DD_
    _DD_

Post by _DD_ Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:12 am

And again, thank you, genki, and my pleasure. Smile

As for the CE-list: dunno whether we're out of synch here already, too -- I haven't been very attentive to GH's Premium and Platinum Editions over at the Pub, I must admit -- but for BFG, it's up-to-date there.

And speaking of GH and your Mac question, JIC, maybe you noticed it already: GH has added a "new Mac releases" since a few weeks and they are also listed in their newsletter separately for a while now. Should make it easier to keep track, if you have Mac fans here. ;)
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:34 am

The forum has been updated~! ... though not by me Belly laugh  Forumotion has obviously done some upgrades, so things look a little different when posting.  Most of you are lurkers and don't post, anyway, but I wanted to mention it Snicker

There is one exciting development in regards to this upgrade, however, and that is that you no longer have to be a member and signed in to click on external links!  Hooray! Happy bounce  AND we can post Youtube videos now!  NICE!

Since we're talking (and because I've been asked on multiple occasions lately) this is NOT a private forum!  You are welcome to sign up, post, and have fun here~!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:40 am

Darn it, darn it, darn it, and other four-letter words! meh  When forumotion updated the software on the 12th, EVERYONE could view and use the external links here, signed in or not.  It seems they've "fixed" this, and I'm only now aware that this is no longer the case.

I guess you have to be a member and signed in to see those links again. >_<  MEH!  I'll start posting the URL's in sale threads (again) so that you can at least copy and paste them.  I'd really like to keep the game threads tidy, though, so I'll continue doing those the way I always have.  I apologize for the inconvenience, all. Offering
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:04 am

Another update on the external links situation...

I found the place in the admin panel that will enable guests to use those pesky external links! Happy bounce  You should be able to see and use ALL links now, whether you're signed in or not!  I know that we have a lot of lurkers here -- not everyone is comfortable in a forum environment -- so I'm glad that I finally got this issue fixed for you Sunny

For our members, I've activated the "What You See Is What You Get" function on messages.  If you'd rather see codes, as you're used to, simply click on the "Switch Editor Mode" button at the top of the posting reply / new topic box.  It's the very last one one the bottom right, and looks like a sheet of paper.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:04 pm

I've just made a tiny update that's been needing to be done for a long time.

When we have private messages now, the button will have a hot pink halo, like this: News and Changes to GGG Messag10

Before it was a blue color that was hard to notice.  Hopefully this will be much more noticeable!  If that doesn't work, I'll make it even harder to miss! Laugh
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm

Thank you! I needed that, lol.   Wink
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:52 pm

lol~  Well, I've been meaning to do it, and just never remembered!  Thanks for mentioning how hard-to-notice the blue was!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:17 pm

You probably noticed that the Game Series and Genre list was bumped, but even if you went into the thread, you likely wouldn't have noticed what had changed, so here's what's up:

The list of series finally expanded to the point that three posts could no longer hold all of the information, so I've separated it out into 11 posts, and put a quick-click index in the first post of the thread.

I actually did the same for the Developed by / Published by thread a while back, just didn't announce it Silly face

You can check out the shiny new indexes in both topics by following the links:

Game Series and Genre

Developed by / Published by

Much easier to navigate and to find things! Big smile
    volnole68
    volnole68

Post by volnole68 Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:12 am

Thanks Genki!! It definitely is much easier!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:07 am

These lists just keep growing!

The Hidden Object Genre Game Index has been expanded and links added to make it easier to find what you're looking for. News and Changes to GGG 330x192
    volnole68
    volnole68

Post by volnole68 Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:38 pm

Thanks!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 am