Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Dark Parables 3: Rise of the Snow Queen

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Dark Parables 3: Rise of the Snow Queen Empty Dark Parables 3: Rise of the Snow Queen

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:05 pm

Dark Parables: Rise of the Snow Queen
    by Blue Tea Games

Series links: Dark Parables 1: Curse of Briar Rose, Dark Parables 2: The Exiled Prince, Dark Parables 3: Rise of the Snow Queen, Dark Parables 4: The Red Riding Hood Sisters, Dark Parables 5: The Final Cinderella, Dark Parables 6: Jack and the Sky Kingdom, Dark Parables 7: Ballad of Rapunzel, Dark Parables 8: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide, Dark Parables 9: Queen of Sands

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition  / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition  / Standard Edition
    iWin Standard Edition

Dark Parables 3: Rise of the Snow Queen Dark-parables-rise-of-the-snow-queen_feature

Journey into the mythical Snowfall Kingdom and investigate the disappearance of children in Dark Parables: Rise of the Snow Queen! From the ashes of the snow, the legendary Snow Queen rises and terrorizes nearby villages with her supernatural powers. Rescue the missing children and stop the fabled Snow Queen before her sorrow brings upon the destruction of the world in this incredible Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus gameplay
    • Integrated Strategy Guide
    • Wonderful Wallpapers

Click images to enlarge
    Dark Parables 3: Rise of the Snow Queen Th_screen1  Dark Parables 3: Rise of the Snow Queen Th_screen2  Dark Parables 3: Rise of the Snow Queen Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat May 23, 2015 2:22 pm; edited 5 times in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Dark Parables 3: Rise of the Snow Queen Empty Re: Dark Parables 3: Rise of the Snow Queen

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:41 am

Delightful
    Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

I’m not much of a one for fragmented hidden object games; I prefer to know what I’m looking for, but I make an exception for this game. As well as being breathtakingly beautiful, it has a nice story and interesting game play. I love the way this series connects fairy tales and legends and brings them together in one game. It is intriguing to see how they do it. And they make it seem so believable! In this one, the Snow Queen turns out to be someone else we recognise. There is also a nod to the last Dark Parables game, The Exiled Prince.

The thing this series is famous for is, of course, the artwork. Snow Queen is astonishing. A fabulous array of beautiful locations (not all of them frozen stiff), scattered all over with so much sparkle and glitter. And we get to recreate the most imaginative and delightful objets d’art, I for one am reluctant to see them go, when the collection is complete and they must be used in a puzzle. We also collect morphing objects which increase the speed of the hint refill. And, new to this game, we collect elaborately embellished gems which serve to piece together the various fables that constitute ‘back story’.

The puzzles do get a little repetitive, since almost all your efforts consist of playing a couple of specific mini-games I’ve seen only here. Signature mini-games are great, I reckon, lots of fun. But some variety is good too.
    There’s a lot to do, and it takes quite a while to do it all, and I for one am a new fragmented object convert.  

I recommend this game!

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:04 pm