Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Spirit Seasons: Little Ghost Story

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Spirit Seasons: Little Ghost Story Empty Spirit Seasons: Little Ghost Story

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:42 am

Spirit Seasons: Little Ghost Story
    by Tikis Lab - January, 2011

Available:
    Big Fish for PC and Mac
    iWin

Spirit Seasons: Little Ghost Story Spirit-seasons-little-ghost-story_feature

Explore the Blindhill Place manor and meet the Ghost of Agatha, a young girl who is haunting the huge mansion! Listen to
    her tale and uncover the truth of the famed home. Get Jacob the old butler’s side of the story and unravel an old mystery in Spirit Seasons: Little Ghost Story. Search through gorgeous Hidden Object scenes and piece together perplexing puzzles to uncover the family vault!

Click images to enlarge
    Spirit Seasons: Little Ghost Story Th_screen1 Spirit Seasons: Little Ghost Story Th_screen2 Spirit Seasons: Little Ghost Story Th_screen3
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Spirit Seasons: Little Ghost Story Empty Re: Spirit Seasons: Little Ghost Story

Post by genkicoll Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:13 pm

Spirit Seasons: Little Ghost Story (IHOG)

There are separate sliders for music and effects, with mute buttons on the left side of each. There are options for full screen (plays great on a wide-screen), custom cursor, and diary preview. There are two difficulty modes to choose from, and they differ significantly. For instance, the expert mode includes more challenging puzzles and no silhouette hints (which are available in casual mode.) The tutorial is optional. I went for expert mode with no tutorial.

There is a misclick penalty and HINTS are refillable. There are some areas on the hidden object scenes where you can zoom in, but there is otherwise no interaction whilst looking for hidden objects.

Our journal contains both story highlights and a task list, and our inventory is collapsible -- just click on your backpack to open and close your inventory bar. There are no spoilers in the journal.

Instructions for mini-games are not shown unless you click to reveal them, and you CAN skip the puzzles if you wish, whether you are in casual or expert mode. I made it through the game without skipping any puzzles, so they are doable!

The localization is not perfect, but the important thing is that there are no mis-labed items to find during our hidden object scenes. The only exceptions were that "cones" were pine cones and "pocket flash" was a pocket flashlight.

This is a game that I bought without trialing, based upon friends' recommendations, and I'm glad I did. The game is reminiscent of Vampireville in that the graphics have a true adventure feel to them, but the hidden object scenes are what you'd expect from an IHOG -- junky Spirit Seasons: Little Ghost Story 765500672 Sometimes we'd go for quite a while with adventure play, then suddenly we'd have back-to-back HO scenes. Whilst this game does not have the humor of the "ville" games, the story did take some unexpected turns.

In the end, we are asked to make a choice, and it looks like we get a different ending depending on which choice we make! Adding to the replayability is the fact that casual and expert modes differ quite a bit. I definitely enjoyed the game and recommend giving it a try Spirit Seasons: Little Ghost Story 1404866550

By the way, I visited the developer's game page today and noticed that there's a second game in the works~!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:33 am

The Perfect Daily Deal***

January 14, 2012

I would not have been happy with this game if I'd paid full price for it, but as a Daily Deal, it's just right.

It's a kind of HO mini-game! Is it a kid's game? I guess so, but I enjoyed it. That's good enough for me.

It's too short and the story is too basic for a full game, but it is a simple adventure, with quite tricky HO scenes and plenty of them. There are lots of interactive items in each scene, and the scenes are clear (in windowed mode). The graphics are a little quirky, with curved lines and odd perspectives.

There are multiple possible endings, and that adds a bit of extra flavour to the game. Because it's so quick, it's the ideal game for when you're too busy or distracted for a full-bore adventure game where serious challenges are posed.

I always play casual mode in these games, not feeling confident yet to 'brave it alone', but I think this will be a good game to start on expert.

I recommend this game!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:24 am