Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

How's Your Day Going?

genkicoll

Re: How's Your Day Going?

Post by genkicoll on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:43 pm

Turns out that I also have pneumonia, though we caught it early. Youngest is back at school today, and we haven't heard anything from the school, so that's a good sign. Fingers crossed that she'll continue getting better - the doctor wasn't able to listen to her lungs very well since she was fighting the examination most of the time we were there, yesterday.

oregonpandora

Post by oregonpandora on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:46 pm

Wow, your family has really had a time of it! Hope you are all on the mend now.

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:09 pm

The weekend is fast approaching, and I feel time mashing down on my shoulders. School starts next week, and I'm not ready!!
    <--me, right about now

Somehow I missed registering the kids for school, I just got the school supply list for eldest yesterday (and it's extensive!), and when I tried to take care of all this this morning, the school district office was closed, and the high school parking lot was PACKED! Every spot for three blocks was taken. Seems that they were having a district back-to-school meeting this morning.

Ah well, tomorrow's another day, and who cares about waiting 'til last minute... not me, not... OK, me.

It's going to be a busy weekend, and I'm reallllly hoping it isn't going to be HOT. Doing housework in a non-air conditioned room is not my idea of fun!

oregonpandora

Post by oregonpandora on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:18 pm

I have read your posts for a couple years now and have always been astounded at what you can accomplish. I have no doubt that you will also take this latest hurdle in stride and get everything taken care of in your usual capable manner! Offering

bribling

Post by bribling on Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:39 am

Hi! I haven't been here in a while, been swamped with my volunteer job at Glitch - Lol! Also I have been way too hot this summer. I live in South Georgia so Isaac came to visit but mostly passed me by. I must live in an oasis because the rains and winds hit almost everywhere but my house. I could use a little rain.

Genki, I have been trying to tend your pigs and gardens, all of them! I keep getting pulled away by Noobs. They are streaming into Glitch and I think we are about to be overtaken - Lol!

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:56 pm

Brib, you don't have to worry about my piggies - if I have none left when I get back to Glitch, that's OK. Please don't feel like you have to house sit Smile

I'm so glad that Isaac passed you by, what a relief!

I had a terrible afternoon/night, but I'm doing OK-ish for the moment :P Wouldn't you know I'd get sick right when I need to be getting things all prepared for the kids to go back to school.

Thanks for your support, OP Offering You're very sweet ^__^

bribling

Post by bribling on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:58 am

So sorry you have been sick. Why does that always seem to happen at the worst times? Well, I guess being sick IS the worst time. I hope the kids will enjoy school this year. I have no children but I do remember being excited at the beginning of each school year. I did enjoy shopping for clothes the most - Lol!

_DD_

Post by _DD_ on Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:56 am

genki, so sorry to hear some illness caught you again! (and no, it is never the right time for being sick! ;) ) Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery! Offering

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:22 pm

Thanks, DD I'm feeling a lot better, but still really tired... what else is new? Back to work tomorrow - so nice that it was a long weekend!

bribling

Post by bribling on Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:30 pm

All piggies fed and petted! I added more feeders to your streets so they should have plenty to eat!

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:40 pm

I'm sorting through my mass of accumulated fonts, at the moment, trying to decide which to install I love fonts so much! hahaha

I am very muchly hoping to be late in posting the daily gaming news tomorrow... it will mean that I was able to sleep in!

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:50 am

Super happy, good day Happy bounce My health was totally normal for once, and it's been raining all day. I LOVE the rain, and we haven't had any for a really long time. It's supposed to rain buckets on Monday - the Pineapple Express is coming in, and we're expecting about 2 inches in this area. I love the heavy rain, especially, but I'm hoping that we don't end up flooding like we did last time the express came through!

I'll be late posting the gaming new tomorrow, as I have to take youngest to get some blood work in the morning.

Hasta mañana!

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:09 pm

We've been having rain, wind and cold
    catching for quite awhile here. Autumn Rain
    Spent day playing Mystery Trackers: Four Aces.
    I am now on Bonus.

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:56 am

I haven't played any games lately, but I'm hoping to get some time to play tomorrow. The MMO Glitch is closing on the 9th, so I spent the last week giving away everything I own from all three of my accounts, hoping to help other players accomplish whatever goals they've set for themselves. Now that I've (finally!) finished giving everything away, I should be able to get back to reviewing games and books.

Now the only question is, what do I play first? lol~ Elk grin

volnole68

Post by volnole68 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:47 pm

What did you decide to play Genki??

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:26 am

Can you believe that I haven't started anything yet? How unusual is that?!

I have so many projects I'm working on right now! I started a drawing for my nephew today (Christmas present), I'm co-writing a book, planning out my Christmas goodies, making plans for vacation... Just tons going on! This is a good thing, I'm happy to say Sunny

volnole68

Post by volnole68 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:09 pm

LOL Genki. You sound like me - just all over the place!

As an aside, did you hear on the news that they are eliminating asperger syndrome as a diagnosis? I didn't hear the whole story so don't know what prompted all that, but thought of you when I heard the term. Does it matter any??

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:35 pm

Whoa, no, I hadn't heard about that! My eldest has the official diagnosis of "autism", but it's much easier to tell people that she has Asperger's -- it kind of gives people an idea that she's higher-functioning.

I'll have to find that article and add it to the Autism News thread. Thanks!

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:59 pm

It's been a less hectic (just "less" - still hectic) day than any other day in the past week. I finally got a chance to wrap the bulk of the gifts that needed it, and have had about an hour to just sit and zone, and catch up a bit. I am now in shock at the news of the passing of one of my wonderful internet friends, Textrekkie. Her daughter posted both at Big Fish and at DVP, and I am so grateful that she took the time to do so.

Rest in Peace, Textrekkie - you're already missed by those of us who knew you Offering

volnole68

Post by volnole68 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:05 pm

Glad you finally got a little rest Genki but so sorry it was dampened by Textrekkie's death. I was so stunned myself. She will definitely be missed.

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:30 pm

I'm Tired ... OK, maybe not THAT kind of tired, but I'm definitely loooow on energy.
    Colds really suck, no way around it. I so desperately want to sleep, but if I lay down, I start coughing, and any sleep I DO get is poor quality.

So here I sit, waiting for the darned Ibuprofen to kick in, and whining about feeling rotten. Great way to start the day, don't ya think? Listening to me whine? Ah well, at least I still have my sense of humor Wink

_DD_

Post by _DD_ on Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:36 pm

If it helps, genki... ;) Get well SOON!
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sable

Post by Sable on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:04 pm

Loved seeing the Madeline Kahn clip, genki; Blazing Saddles was one of my favorite movies.

Sorry you're feeling under the weather, and I know exactly how you feel. I've been fighting off the worse of this cold with Dayquill and Nyquill. Seems to help somewhat, but I'll be glad to be back to fighting weight - hopefully sooner rather than later.

And maybe we can share your w(h)ine and crackers, lol. Happy bounce

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:40 pm

Belly laugh Sable

I'm feeling better, but my cough is worse. I was so desperate for sleep last night that I did some research and found that alcohol can help, so I called my dad (doctor) who said that it can thin the mucous, which will help with the cough, and that a teaspoon would be sufficient. Happy news for me since I'm not a drinker Silly face I searched the cupboards and found out that we had some vodka (Vodka?? Where the hell did that come from?! Neither of us drinks!) so I added a teaspoon to my Robitussin (which is alcohol-free)...

Imagining me drunk off of a teaspoon of vodka?

Well don't let your imagination get too out of control, I couldn't even taste it over the Robitussin (nasty stuff, but yay to not tasting the alcohol.) My throat felt better immediately, but it didn't stop the cough outright.

So what was the point of this long dissertation? Hmm, I forget... *giggle* Whatever the cause, I was able to sleep better, and though I still feel crappy today, I feel better than yesterday -- always an appreciated trend where health is concerned!

btw, glad you liked the clip, Sable! Mel Brooks has made some great films! Elk grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:57 am

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:57 am