Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+15
Frodo
RenaissanceMom
ScarletteSpider
Sable
Ghostly
volnole68
luvtoread
bribling
_DD_
tweetypie
oregonpandora
kac
Smallhaven
GIs1stluv
Eddy
19 posters

How's Your Day Going?

genkicoll
    genkicoll

How's Your Day Going? - Page 2 Empty Re: How's Your Day Going?

Post by genkicoll Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:45 pm

Oh, excellent! Good luck to you, Eddy!
    kac

Post by kac Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:46 pm

Good luck on your test Eddy!
    kac

Post by kac Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:45 am

Is everyone having a great weekend? Yesterday I went out with some friends to lunch and the movie One for the Money, so that was fun. I also finally leveled up in Final Fantasy XIII and continuing through Chapter 11. I don't know if I'll be able to get finished with Chapter 11 tonight, but I would like to.
    kac

Post by kac Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:45 am

How did your test go Eddy?
    Eddy
    Eddy

Post by Eddy Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:42 am

Very difficult and time consuming. I won't know the results for a while yet.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:37 pm

It doesn't sound like the topic would be an easy one, so I'm not surprised. Here's hoping you passed with flying colors, Eddy! How's Your Day Going? - Page 2 407633263
    GIs1stluv
    GIs1stluv

Post by GIs1stluv Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:47 pm

I'm back to 100% and my house is mostly clean. Have grocery shopping on Wednesday, so I've got some work to do tomorrow since I had to run errands today.
    kac

Post by kac Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Glad your back to normal, GI.

Eddy, I can imagine the test would be very complex. There is so much to know when doing taxes.
    GIs1stluv
    GIs1stluv

Post by GIs1stluv Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:26 pm

Eddy, I had to do a whole class on income tax when I did my accounting degree and I check the IRS website every year for changes to income tax accounting. There is so much to know. I hope you did well on your test.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:47 pm

Yay, GI's! Clap I'm so pleased to hear that you're feeling better!
    GIs1stluv
    GIs1stluv

Post by GIs1stluv Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:59 am

Much better. Got my dress for the welcome home ceremony, my boots will be here today. I'm working on cleaning the house and laundry today. I'm also going to work on my grocery list since shopping is tomorrow. That's my plan for the day.
    oregonpandora

Post by oregonpandora Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:11 pm

Hello everybody! Haven't been here for awhile, I thought this was more of an "In case the Pub closes" place. Instead I find actual people and comments. YAY!!! Not much going on at the Pub but I still check in a lot.

Genki, you have done wonders with the place! Don't know how you do all you do! Will come back more often now!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:55 pm

Yay, OP! How's Your Day Going? - Page 2 364988687 Yes, the place took on a life of its own. Check out the THIS WEEK'S FEATURED GAME thread and take a guess at which game I'm using this week, peruse and enjoy!
    kac

Post by kac Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:11 pm

Amazon sent me FFX111-2 today, so I'm working hard at getting X111 finished so I can start the new one. I started Chapter 12 last night. I should get that one done this week and then on to the last Chapter.

I don't know how Genki does it either. I get worn out doing what I do, and I don't have a family to take care of.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:28 pm

How? Laugh I've been gifted(?) with an obsessive concentration for things that interest me. It's the reason why I was such a prolific creator where Zoo Tycoon items are concerned, as well as the reason why I wax poetic about games when I review them.

The reason that it's a questionable gift is that I tend to put other things aside whilst I work on them... you know, like eating, laundry... that kind of stuff Silly face Hard to walk away in the middle of a project! It's also the reason why I put off deep cleaning - I get in the "zone" and it's hard when I get interrupted! Belly laugh
    kac

Post by kac Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:12 pm

I read a book once about Divers and Scanners. Divers are like you who get focused on one thing and devote all their energy to it. I'm a scanner, and they want to do everything they come across and spend a little time on a lot of things. I have so many unfinished game and projects as the next new thing that comes out interests me and I move on to that.

My co-worker and partner in games is a diver. We will start a game at the same time and she finishes way, way ahead of me. She eats, breathes and sleeps the game!
    Eddy
    Eddy

Post by Eddy Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:39 pm

Busy day for me. I volunteer at a food bank doing IT work and was at my first IT committee meeting today. Spent six hours there which also included helping distribute food to people. Very tiring for me, but accomplished.
    kac

Post by kac Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:22 pm

Your life seems to have changed a lot with your two moves Eddy. I'm glad things are working well for you.
    oregonpandora

Post by oregonpandora Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:52 pm

I finally broke down and bought a Kindle and loaded my first book today. Well actually, I loaded a new Tom Clancy for DH. He is having some vision problems so the large type will help. I was kind of a purist on my books (like to hold them and see them...very tactile person I guess) but I can see myself buying a book or two for myself in the future. It is just hard to drag myself to the up-to-date world. We still have a VCR next to the DVD player! LOL (No Blueray yet.) 🍸
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:36 pm

I'm with you, OP! I'm a techno-phobe, myself! I didn't even have a cell phone until last year, and only got one because my hubby badgered me so much about needing in case of emergencies Silly face I still use a very simple phone with no extra options. hehe

I love having a book in my hands, too - I might try the electronic format, someday, but for now, I'll stick with my real-live page-turners Wink
    kac

Post by kac Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:10 pm

I like my Kindle -- but I still get most of my books at the library so I read mostly real books. If I had my choice, though, I would prefer the ebooks to the real ones. I generally read while I'm eating and you don't have to worry about keeping the pages open with the Kindle. It is smaller than a book also for carrying around with you and holds a lot of books.

While there are a lot of free books out there, to buy a book is almost as much as a real one.
    GIs1stluv
    GIs1stluv

Post by GIs1stluv Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:07 am

That's why I love my Kobo kac. They're constantly giving me deals on books. The last ebook I bought was only $4.34, but I've bought them as cheaply as $0.99.

Feeling good today. Have some errands to run and a Pamper Chef party to attend before coming home and cleaning again.
    kac

Post by kac Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:15 am

I haven't been to a Pampered Chef party in a long time. They do have some nice things -- expensive, but nice. Have fun.
    GIs1stluv
    GIs1stluv

Post by GIs1stluv Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:51 pm

I got a couple more cookie sheets ($14.50 a piece) a mini-serving spatula ($5.50) and a cook book ($7.50) this time. I'm sure there will be some more parties in the future. If I just buy a little at a time it won't seem like I'm spending so much.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:17 pm

That's great, GI's Smile If you truly enjoy cooking (as I do), good-quality cookware is a wonderful investment!

Haven't been feeling at the top of my game for the past few days, but I'm hoping that a bit of extra rest this weekend will cure that ^__^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:00 pm