Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

How's Your Day Going?

genkicoll

Re: How's Your Day Going?

Post by genkicoll on Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:48 pm

It's raining.  Raiiiining~ Autumn Rain  With wind! \'s windy

I love the rain... Have I ever mentioned that?  The steady pitter-patter of raindrops is so very relaxing, and the gray of the sky seems to intensify the colors of the world.  The green of the grass and the trees, the brilliant colors of the changing leafs (or 'leaves' if you prefer)... just beautiful heart flowers

We have a couple of pet bunnies that someone released that have been hanging around our neighborhood, in about a 3-block area.  As of Friday they seem to have decided that staying under my house with the feral mama kitty would be a good idea!  Very cute to see them grazing in the yard when I come home from work, but I do hope that they are the same sex... I don't think that having dozens of wild bunnies living under my place would be a good idea

volnole68

Post by volnole68 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:55 am

We're soul mates Genki!!!  I LOVE the rain and the wind.  I love to be at the beach when there is a storm.  The colors are more brilliant and the air seems to be much fresher after a storm.

I think you may have lots of bunnies before long!!!   Whistle

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:30 pm

Well, the expected (temporary) flooding doesn't seem to have happened, but...

I got a phone call from my parents last night, telling me that a 35-ft blue spruce in their front yard had fallen Sweat drop  If it had fallen straight, it would have landed directly on the house, right where my dad was sitting.  If it had fallen ANY other direction, it would have decimated their beautiful rhododendron garden.  As it is it fell at a perfect angle, one that minimized the damage, falling in a relatively empty area, with the top 8 feet (or so) hitting the deck, but NOT doing any damage! OH!

What a wonderful stroke of luck! Whew~

I really wanted to add pictures, but the memory card in my camera has died Cry  Maybe Dad will grab some pictures.

volnole68

Post by volnole68 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:17 pm

Wow Genki, talk about a little Divine Intervention!! Wonderful!

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:05 pm

Indeed!  It could have been disastrous, and we're all breathing a sigh of relief at this point... and I have pictures!  Mom had her camera handy Happy bounce

View from inside:

volnole68

Post by volnole68 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:30 pm

Oh my goodness.  That is SO scary.  Look at the bottom of that trunk!!  Was this due to the constant rain??

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:59 pm

We had heavy rain and wind over the weekend, but the tree guy says the the spruce was diseased.  It had a large mushroom-like growth there at the base (which is cut off in the picture) that is the indication of a diseased tree.  I'm just SO thankful that not only was no one hurt, but no property was damaged, either!

Sable

Post by Sable on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:10 am

So glad the tree fell the way it did, genki.  Your parents, especially your Dad, must be very happy there was minimal damage.

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:20 pm

I'm going to be late on the daily Games, Games, Games update -- lots of errands to run!

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:59 pm

Tired and a bit under the weather today, as I have been for the past week or two, and got quite the surprise this morning.  Walked out the front door, only to find that some sorry SOB hit my car in the parking lot of the story last night, then left without so much as a note! rollingpin  We couldn't see the damage since it was dark out, but it's quite noticeable now! Gah!  It's not horrible damage, but the right front headlight doesn't want to stay in anymore, so I'm VERY likely to have to replace it.  Grrr...

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:22 pm

I am also a bit under the weather--thanks to this crazy weather. Sick 

So sorry about your car Cry 

volnole68

Post by volnole68 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:51 pm

So sorry Genki.  Where was your car parked?? Any possibility of cameras?  I do hope you feel better.  You too luvtoread.

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:59 pm

Probably not, the car was parked pretty far out in the parking lot... and we don't know which store it happened at! *sigh*

Ah well, these things happen.  At least the damage isn't toooo bad.

RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom on Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:12 pm

So sorry to hear that, Genki. Thank goodness it's relatively minor but how frustrating!!

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:23 pm

The Weather has been really weird this year.  Usually by October, we've lost the last of the heat of summer and move quickly into freezing temps.  This fall has been so warm that we didn't even remove the air conditioners until right before Halloween! OH!  Until a few days ago, it was warm for November, and just in the past few days we've finally hit the cold, and it's colder than usual.  We went from lows in the 40's to 32 (right at freezing) the next day... and the day after we went to lows in the low 20's (unusual in this area) and have stayed there!  Huh!

I wanted to give y'all a heads-up that the fan on my graphics card is making some lovely squeaking noises.  I don't think it's long for this world.  I do have an external fan blowing on my hard drive, but if the card's fan stops working, I think my computer will stop working.  Darn!  I have bad luck with computers!

Sable

Post by Sable on Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:04 am

This weather is crazy!  Today it's 20 here, with a wind chill factor that's going to make it seem like 7 degrees.  Glad I'm warm and cozy in here, won't go out today for sure!

Damn cat wants to go out on the back porch, whining like a Porsche!  I may have to get off the computer and go into another room before she drives me mad!

Luvtoread and genki, hope you're both feeling better, and good luck with your car, genki.

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:34 pm

My graphics card, Sable, but thank you!  I mentioned it so that people wouldn't worry if I disappear for a while.

7 degree wind chill is crazy! c-cold   Yikes!

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:56 pm

So I just got a phone call.  Every single year for about four years we'd get a call at about this time of year to let us know that the landlord had decided NOT to sell the house that year.  After being up in the air on our stability home-wise, he's finally kicking us to the curb (so to speak.)  *sigh*  We have 'til June 1 to find a place to settle.  I'm grateful that we're getting plenty of notice, but do you know how much *stuff* you acquire after living in one place for over ten years?  A LOT!

This is going to be REALLY hard on us -- me with my teeter-tottering health, my husband with his bad back, and two autistic kids that will still be in school at the time Sweat drop

Overreaction  I'll still be keeping the site up, but this is seriously going to cut into my game time!

RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:06 pm

WHAT?!? Oh no, so sorry to hear this. Haunted or not, home is home and besides, the process of moving is like a fulltime job on its own!

Should I wish/hope that your landlord changes his mind, or is that just not gonna happen?

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:26 pm

Pfft.  Yeah, it could happen Yeah right  It wouldn't be the first time he changed his mind.  Still, with the economy on the upswing, I think he'll actually do it this year.

Now that you mention it, maybe the spooks will stay with the house and not follow this time! Laugh  He can HAVE 'em!

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:15 pm

UGH!!!  MOVING,  like R-Mom said--is a full time job.

Maybe you could have a sale,   sell off what you can--then leave everything else
    behind except clothes,  beds and computers.

I was fortunate when I moved into this apartment last year.   I pretty much had nothing
    cause I was too poor to afford to buy stuff.     That actually was a plus!!

But,  my sympathies to you.   We will keep updates on games for sale and what else
    is going on in the gaming world if you get too busy.

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:11 am

I hope it doesn't come to that!  Thank you so much for offering!  heart flowers

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:57 pm

Well it looks like I'll be able to get some gaming in tonight, after all... I'm sick!  Sick   Meeeh.

Skip the song (spoiler) if you don't want to see cursing Wink
    Spoiler:
    ~I feel shitty
    Oh so shitty
    I feel shitty and icky and blehhh
    And I pity
    Anyone who feels like me today
    La la la la la la la la la laaa~

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:24 pm

We found out that the landlord's selling the house afternoon before last, and we got quite the surprise yesterday -- about 26 hours later.

I was on my way home from work when I got a phone call from my husband.

"The damned oven element exploded and caught fire!  I checked the elements and the oven before I turned it on, like always, I don't know what happened!  I turned it on, and before I could get to the next room, I heard a electrical whine and boom.  I opened up the oven and sparks shot out, the damn thing was on fire!  Scared the life out of me!"

"Really?" I asked tiredly, "Not again!"

You see this has happened before.  The first time the owner said it was out fault because we didn't have the tabs supporting the bottom element properly.  Regardless, he replaced the element.  We've always been careful since, but it happened again a year or two later, and we replaced it, ourselves.

THIS time he can't blame it on us... it's the UPPER element, which nothing has ever touched except the back of my poor husband's hand (such a bad burn, poor guy! Cry  ) and that was years ago!  The element was perfectly clean, my husband checked the oven before he turned it on (as always) and yet the element burned right through... towards the back, nowhere near where he burned his hand!

It's like the house is saying, "Yeah that's right  rollingpin   you'd better leave!"

Even if the landlord changes his mind and decides not to sell the house (wouldn't be the first time,) we are leaving -- it's time, we can just feel it.  While it's stressful, this is really a good thing for us.  I look forward to seeing what the next few months holds for us!

RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom on Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:03 am

OMG what news!!! So very sorry to hear your husband's hand is burned. Hope it heals quickly. That landlord of yours better not give you guys a hard time -- maybe you should sue him, haha.
    BTW I am sick too  Sick and totally appreciate your song. Yes I feel plenty shitty as well. And overriding it all, a horrible horrible headache. I only left bed briefly but am off to it again.

Feel better, Genki!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:00 pm

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:00 pm