Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+15
Frodo
RenaissanceMom
ScarletteSpider
Sable
Ghostly
volnole68
luvtoread
bribling
_DD_
tweetypie
oregonpandora
kac
Smallhaven
GIs1stluv
Eddy
19 posters

How's Your Day Going?

genkicoll
    genkicoll

How's Your Day Going? Empty How's Your Day Going?

Post by genkicoll Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:46 am

Hey, all! We need a place to check in and talk about our days, and this is the place! How's Your Day Going? 2520623126

Yesterday was a "snow day" for me, as the office had over 5 inches of snow, and the roads to get there wind and dip and were definitely unsafe to drive.

Now it's raining so much that the streets getting here were nearly flooding. Yikes! How's Your Day Going? 18726956 I'll have to take a different route to get home (about 20 minutes of extra driving), as it doesn't look like the rain will be letting up any time soon.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

How's Your Day Going? Empty Re: How's Your Day Going?

Post by genkicoll Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:54 pm

The weather here has just been crazy - I was home from work
    because of the snow, and then we (in Salem, OR) has gotten 5.62 inches
    of rain in the past 48 hours. All that rain on top of the now-melted
    snow has resulted in flooding all over the area.

In Turner, OR, much of the city has had to evacuate.

In Independence (just over the bridge from South Salem) Ash Creek
    flooded at about waist height, and someone decided to drive through...
    and ended up having to be rescued.

River Road (which leads from S. Salem to Independence) has about 80 feet of road under water at last count.

Lucky me, neither I nor my family members have been directly
    affected, though if this keeps up, I may not be able to get to work here
    pretty soon... ^_^;

The forecast shows rain for the next four days...
    Eddy
    Eddy

Post by Eddy Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:13 am

I'll have a lot to talk about later because today is a busy day for me, but I have to get going.
    GIs1stluv
    GIs1stluv

Post by GIs1stluv Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:28 am

Well, we got a few inches of snow that I had to shovel to get the garbage out this morning. So, the garbage is out, the driveway from my garage is shoveled and I've laid down ice melt. My oldest will be taking care of the side walk and the driveway beside the garage when he gets home. I plan on finishing up the kids' laundry and starting on my own today. And, remembering to plan ahead for dinner, I've gotten ground beef out to make spaghetti and meatballs. With that I'll be making Texas Toast (the garlic variety) and a nice tossed salad. That's about it so far. Very productive for me since I haven't been up for doing a lot.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:18 am

Oh wow, GI's - I hope you're not pushing yourself too much! I know that things need to get done, but don't overdo it! Offering
    GIs1stluv
    GIs1stluv

Post by GIs1stluv Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:05 am

Only did what I had to in order to get the garbage out Genki. If I hadn't needed to get that out all the shoveling would have been left to my oldest. As to the laundry, I can sit on the couch and fold it, and washing and drying only requires me to stand long enough to load the washer and the dryer then I can leave it. If I don't get to my own, that's ok. I have the weekend. Dinner won't take much either. I'll make the meatballs, but the salad is a mix that I only add a few things to, and the Texas Toast is frozen. All I have to do is bake it. So it's not really as much work as it would seem looking at it. I'm still on my antibiotics, and still taking it very slowly. I'm still spending time on the couch resting, so I'm not pushing myself too much. Thanks for the concern though. I've only got today and three more days of antibiotics. I hope by then I will be most of the way recovered. Definitely feeling stronger every day now. The tiredness is starting to fade too. I'm happy about that. I hate being tired so much. I'm not use to it.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:42 am

I'm relieved for you, GI's, truly. Feeling better every day and hubby coming home to visit soon, all good news Smile

We're doing OK here - not floating away just yet. Thank goodness the rain let up long enough for some of the water to absorb, especially since we've got more rain coming for a while.
    Smallhaven
    Smallhaven

Post by Smallhaven Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:27 am

Just another day in sunny Arizona. Sunny

Been a busy week for me with helping my one cousin house hunt in our area. Then hubby started a new job and our household gets moving at 4:30am. Tucker is at the vet today getting his yearly haircut. The vet say's he has to lose weight to which I replied... "He has!". He's down from 22 lbs to 20.1 lbs. Not enough so my big baby boy kitty is now on light food and few treats. We can commiserate together because that's how I'm eating these day's. Though I refuse to get on a scale and follow the nutritionist's advice instead.

~grumble~

Yup, that's my tummy. Time to jet offline and have lunch. Have a fun Friday!
    GIs1stluv
    GIs1stluv

Post by GIs1stluv Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:07 pm

DH will be coming home for good, at least for a little while. We're trying to get him to a different job where he won't have to deploy for a few years. He's already filled out a lot of things on the packet that he needs, but other things need to be completed by other people and that's holding things up a little. I'll keep everyone updated on that too.

Hope you don't float away, Genki. I've seen some bad flooding, but I never worried about floating away because, as a youngster, I live on top of mile long hill. If the water ever got to use, we were in some serious trouble. I hope you and your family stay safe and dry.
    kac

Post by kac Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:39 pm

We had rain today and for tomorrow, but no snow in sight. In fact they said it might get up to 63 on Sunday. I'm not too keen on all the rain though. It seems lately that we hardly see the sunshine.

I'm so glad it is the weekend! I'll be sleeping late tomorrow for sure.
    Eddy
    Eddy

Post by Eddy Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:07 pm

I'm busy lately.

My Social Security lawyer sent me a copy of the information that she sent to them and it looks pretty solid to me. She is optimistic about my chances of getting disability which is very good news.

I'm in some treatment for my mental issues and things are finally improving on that front as well. I'm hoping to continue that progress.

Tax time is coming and I'm looking forward to volunteering to do low income and elderly returns.

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:38 pm

That's wonderful news, Eddy. It is so very hard to get Disability - it's just sad that you have to get a lawyer to get anywhere with the process meh

GI's, I didn't realize that hubby was going to be able to stay home. How exciting! *crossing my fingers for y'all*
    kac

Post by kac Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:37 pm

I'm glad things are going well with you Eddy. Good luck with the SSD. Sometimes a lawyer makes it much easier to get awarded the disability.
    Eddy
    Eddy

Post by Eddy Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:19 pm

I forgot to mention that some of the counseling I'm getting is a peer counselor who also has mental issues but is able to work part time. He seems to have anxiety from what I can tell and he told me about a transitional work program/social outlet deal that would allow me to work on a very part time basis and also have social interaction with others. It sounds like it might meet a couple of my needs.
    GIs1stluv
    GIs1stluv

Post by GIs1stluv Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:18 pm

Genki, yes, if things work out he won't have to deploy for a little while. It would be nice.

Eddy, good luck with SSI. The work program sounds like a great idea if it's something you can do. I wish you luck with it all.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:39 pm

It hasn't been the best of days. I had a horrible night last night (it happens), DD wasn't feeling well and stayed home from school, so I stayed home from work, but she has been cranky all day, I'm not terribly happy about what's happening at Big Fish and all around just feeling blah~ How's Your Day Going? 4059634181

Well, I just found out the way to solve my blahs was to eat half a pan of (gluten-free) brownies! Much better! How's Your Day Going? 3595084446
    kac

Post by kac Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:00 pm

I'm sorry you had such a crappy day Genki. The brownies were a temporary fix and hopefully tomorrow will be better.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:49 pm

hehe Big smile As long as I'm able to get some sleep tonight, I should be back to my usual genki self tomorrow Sunny
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:26 am

I slept better last night, and am indeed back to my genki self How's Your Day Going? 3026146359 I made a wonderful curry (recipe: Genki's Thai Curry aka "Yellow Curry" ) and am going to go and take a nice, relaxing lunch break. Good eats, good dorama - good stuff! How's Your Day Going? 2520623126
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:38 pm

lol~ It sure does! It's amazing how you can sit down to play for "a few minutes" and end up playing for hours Snicker
    kac

Post by kac Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:44 pm

I like the new banner.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:04 pm

Have you checked out the THIS
    WEEK'S FEATURED GAME
    thread? I'll be posting an explanation and site news in just a bit Happy bounce
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:14 am

I'm so glad it's Friday! I'm looking forward to getting to sleep a bit longer tomorrow Silly face

I'm very happy to see my dear friend, Beth, lurking on the board this morning Wink and my SiL, MoniMoni, has signed up for the forum and will hopefully start posting soon.

Everyone having a super Friday?
    kac

Post by kac Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:52 am

We had a cold front move in and I've got a slight headache. But, I am looking forward to sleeping late tomorrow and then going out to lunch and to see One for the Money with some friends. Hopefully GI won't post too many spoilers before I see it!

Tonight I hope to play a little Final Fantasy XIII. The new one comes out on Monday or Tuesday, so I need to get moving on this one. Right now I have to level up and have been moving up and down a corridor fighting to raise up my stats. I hope tonight I will finish that so I can move on.
    Eddy
    Eddy

Post by Eddy Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:40 pm

Busy day for me today.

Had to get some bloodwork done as part of my physical (nothing untowards, just a routine check since I've never had it done). Also had two individual counseling sessions today and did some grocery shopping.

For me this is pretty busy, but I still have to study for my tax preparation test tomorrow. Hopefully by tomorrow at this time I'll be certified.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 am