Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Mystery Trackers 2: Raincliff

genkicoll
    genkicoll

raincliff - Mystery Trackers 2: Raincliff Empty Mystery Trackers 2: Raincliff

Post by genkicoll Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:51 pm

Mystery Trackers: Raincliff
    by Elephant Games

Series links: Mystery Trackers 1: The Void, Mystery Trackers 2: Raincliff; Mystery Trackers 3: Black Isle, Mystery Trackers 4: Four Aces, Mystery Trackers 5: Silent Hollow, Mystery Trackers 6: Raincliff's Phantoms, Mystery Trackers 7: Blackrow's Secret, Mystery Trackers 8: Nightsville HorrorMystery Trackers 9: Winterpoint Tragedy, Mystery Trackers 10: Paxton Creek Avenger, Mystery Trackers 11: Train to Hellswich, Mystery Trackers 12: Queen of Hearts, Mystery Trackers 13: Memories of Shadowfield

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as  Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin - Standard Edition for PC

raincliff - Mystery Trackers 2: Raincliff Mystery-trackers-raincliff-collectors-edition_feature

After a group of young students go missing, the Mystery  Trackers are called in to search the city of Raincliff! Tackle this  difficult case and unravel the strange Mystery to save the students!  Explore the entire town and discover who is watching your every move in  Mystery Trackers: Raincliff! Use your Hidden Object talents to carefully  dissect scenes and piece together perplexing puzzles!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus gameplay
    • Integrated Strategy Guide
    • Wonderful Wallpapers
    • Stunning Screensavers

Walkthrough (Big Fish)

Click images to enlarge
    raincliff - Mystery Trackers 2: Raincliff Th_screen1  raincliff - Mystery Trackers 2: Raincliff Th_screen2  raincliff - Mystery Trackers 2: Raincliff Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:47 pm; edited 4 times in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

raincliff - Mystery Trackers 2: Raincliff Empty Re: Mystery Trackers 2: Raincliff

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:33 am

Exciting Addition to the Mystery Trackers Series

Sunny Sunny SunnySunnySunny 

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

Raincliff grabs you even before the first menu with a sensationally exciting intro. Right from the beginning, the graphics and music are full on, in your face and spectacular. And it just keeps on doing it for the whole game.

There is much to enjoy about most aspects of Raincliff, particularly the artwork, but my personal favourite is the frogs. Never have I had so much fun finding the ‘beyond’ object. Each one of the more than 50 frogs scattered throughout the game is a little work of art.

The HO scenes and puzzles were all very well thought out and the game flows smoothly, although a little slow to get started after that amazing opener. The video highlights, which can be replayed within the game, are fun too.

But I would have preferred a journal. There was no way to review what you had done or were looking for, and hint was too helpful when you just wanted a quick refresher after a break in playing. By the way, hint was fabulous, it got you right back on track immediately, but it was also addictive - for the same reason.

The story is handled exceptionally well. It is a familiar one to HOPA fans, but it is well-told in bite-sized chunks, never too much info at once, but always kept in the forefront of your mind. There is no time when slogging through the gameplay (or snow in this case) where you lose sight of exactly what you were doing and why.

The ‘rescuees’ and bad guys both make regular appearances. The ending was great too, it didn’t end abruptly, it tied up all the loose ends, and it was almost believable.

A very satisfying finish to an excellent game, which remained exciting all the way through its extraordinary length (the longest I’ve played I think).

I really enjoyed Mystery Trackers – The Void... Raincliff is ten times better.

I Recommend This Game!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:42 am