Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Hallowed Legends 1: Samhain

genkicoll
    genkicoll

samhain - Hallowed Legends 1: Samhain Empty Hallowed Legends 1: Samhain

Post by genkicoll Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:43 pm

Hallowed Legends: Samhain
    by Elephant Games

Series links: Hallowed Legends 1: Samhain, Hallowed Legends 2: Templar, Hallowed Legends 3: Ship of Bones

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Iwin

samhain - Hallowed Legends 1: Samhain Hallowed-legends-samhain-collectors-edition_feature

Celtic folklore seems to be more truth than lore when the Samhain festival goers disappear! Find the missing people and save the day in this exciting Adventure game! Battle the gods of yore to restore the seasons and repair time in Hallowed Legends: Samhain. Depart on a fantastic adventure and learn the secrets behind an ancient Gaelic festival!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus gameplay
    • Integrated Strategy Guide
    • Stunning soundtrack
    • Concept art

Click images to enlarge
    samhain - Hallowed Legends 1: Samhain Th_screen1 samhain - Hallowed Legends 1: Samhain Th_screen2 samhain - Hallowed Legends 1: Samhain Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

samhain - Hallowed Legends 1: Samhain Empty Re: Hallowed Legends 1: Samhain

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:03 am

Spectacular Visuals
    Sunny Sunny SunnySunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

Hard to imagine this game is already over 2 years old. The CUT SCENES & GRAPHICS are nothing short of  SPECTACULAR. Unfortunately, though, they don’t have widescreen. The ARTWORK is breathtaking. The opening scenes feature an ANCIENT CELTIC GOD who looks more lifelike than many ‘live actors’ I’ve seen in other games. We also get different WEATHER, which I always appreciate, and to me shows scope in an artist.

The STORY involves the disappearance of an ex (THAT’S different), and a Celtic rite performed at Halloween. Personally, I found the story a touch CONTRIVED. It is made to incorporate all eras – ANCIENT, MEDIEVAL & MODERN, and leaves too many of my questions about how they all connect unanswered. I would have liked to have more background on the Celtic lore too. But if you don’t try for depth, there is a FLOW in the GAMEPLAY, and logical sequence of events. You won’t get lost, even with NO MAP.

The GAMEPLAY is HOS & PUZZLES dominant, with ADVENTURE tying in things together but still posing a challenge from time to time. The HO SCENES are WONDERFUL. Beautifully designed scenes, easy to find objects, interesting twists here and there. You only visit them once. HINT is very quick, and works outside HOS, but each DIRECTIONAL pointer to another scene takes up a HINT, so you must wait through many hint refills if you are not where you’re supposed to be.

The PUZZLES are QUITE HARD. I have to SKIP (also quick) about half of them. They include MANY ORIGINAL ones as well as some STANDARDS that have been incorporated into the game very well. If the puzzles had been a little easier, I think I would have given this game full marks. But some of the FUN FACTOR DROPS when you have to skip so many times to get through the game.

This is the first in a series that has a well-deserved reputation of being top quality all the way, and certainly are. I enjoyed them even more than this one. So this is just the beginning!

I Recommend This Game!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:37 am

I started this game a couple of years ago, and never finished it because my computer died!  Must revisit the game!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:43 am

It really is quite good. Very interesting too if you are into celtic legends, which is what this one is. It's more of an adventure than a scary, but it is fun.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:33 am