Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Fear For Sale 2: Sunnyvale Story

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Fear For Sale 2: Sunnyvale Story Empty Fear For Sale 2: Sunnyvale Story

Post by genkicoll Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:32 pm

Fear for Sale: Sunnyvale Story
    by Elefun Games - Dec. 2011

Series links: Fear for Sale 1: The Mystery of McInroy Manor, Fear For Sale 2: Sunnyvale Story, Fear for Sale 3: Nightmare Cinema, Fear For Sale 4: Phantom Tide, Fear For Sale 5: The 13 Keys, Fear For Sale 6: Endless Voyage, Fear for Sale 7: City of the Past, Fear for Sale 8: The House on Black River, Fear for Sale 9: The Dusk Wanderer, Fear for Sale 10: Hidden in the Darkness

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin Standard Edition

Fear For Sale 2: Sunnyvale Story Fear-for-sale-sunnyvale-story-ce_feature

Take on another incredible mystery in Fear for Sale: Sunnyvale! Investigate a strange murder and get to the bottom of a complicated case. After making it to the scene of the crime, a deputy is kidnapped by a terrifying ghost house that appears out of nowhere!  Discover the connection between the latest murder, and another killing that occured many years ago. Put your detective skills to use and appease the ghosts in Fear For Sale: Sunnyvale!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus gameplay
    • Integrated Strategy Guide
    • Wonderful Wallpapers

For the Standard Edition

Click images to enlarge
    Fear For Sale 2: Sunnyvale Story Th_screen1  Fear For Sale 2: Sunnyvale Story Th_screen2  Fear For Sale 2: Sunnyvale Story Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Mon May 29, 2017 1:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Fear For Sale 2: Sunnyvale Story Empty Re: Fear For Sale 2: Sunnyvale Story

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:56 am

Weird, Not As Good As Expected, But Solid

Sunny Sunny SunnySunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

Headline says it all. The standard story soon gets weird, with little explanation of things that are essential to plot. Like why and how the house came to be kidnapping people in the first place. And just what sort of evidence rules do they have in Sunnyvale? Major leaps in logic make the game confusing, which it otherwise wouldn't be...

Because the gameplay is straightforward and vintage Fear For Sale, the HO scenes are really interactive and clear, the puzzles are fun, and the artwork, while not as good as I anticipated, is still above average and worked well on wide screen.

Things I particularly liked were the multiple uses of inventory items before you lose them. Also, if you have to fuel up something, you don't have to traipse around half a dozen places getting a funnel, a hose, a gas can, the fuel, etc. A simple HO scene and you collect a full can with a pouring nozzle.

The disjointed story is mirrored by music that clearly had not been intended to produce an appropriate atmosphere. Sometimes it was actually quite cheerful, not spooky at all. I actually got a kick out of it, it made me smile each time it chimed in with just the wrong kind of theme.

McInroy Manor was quirky and so is this one - and a good game without setting the world on fire.

I think most people will like it.

I Recommend This Game!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:56 am