Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Voodoo Whisperer Curse of A Legend

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Voodoo Whisperer Curse of A Legend Empty Voodoo Whisperer Curse of A Legend

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:23 pm

Voodoo Whisperer Curse of A Legend
    by: Funswich/Gogii

Available:
    Gogii as Collector's Edition for PC
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    GameHouse for PC as Platinum Edition / Standard Edition

Voodoo Whisperer Curse of A Legend Voodoo-whisperer-curse-of-a-legend_feature

About the game
    Lillian is a remarkable girl with a strange talent. She can speak to ghosts. Apprenticed to one of the most powerful Voodoo
    priestesses in the world, she is learning to use her abilities. But a
    dark force has settled over New Orleans and Marie Laveau, the world's
    most powerful Voodoo queen, is missing. Much of the town has been placed under a curse. Now young Lillian must uncover the dark secrets of Voodoo to save her master and free her friends before it's too late.

Main Game Features

• Save New Orleans from the curse
    • Dark and spooky atmosphere
    • Incredible graphics

Click images to enlarge
    Voodoo Whisperer Curse of A Legend Th_screen1 Voodoo Whisperer Curse of A Legend Th_screen2 Voodoo Whisperer Curse of A Legend Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Voodoo Whisperer Curse of A Legend Empty Re: Voodoo Whisperer Curse of A Legend

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:20 pm

To Be Continued!? Wha...?! ***

GAME COMPLETED SEVERAL TIMES

I had barely begun, just into the second chapter, and already it was clear this was a keeper. Not as flashy (i.e. good but not spectacular artwork) as the rest of my favourites, this game has a lot of original features as well as an interesting story.

There are a few special attractions :

Well drawn, clear graphics.
    Brilliant voiceovers.
    A grimoire plus mortal & pestle that help keeping track of your ingredients for spells, as well as just being cool.
    A magnifying glass in the HO scenes is a wonderful innovation.
    The HO scenes are particularly good - relevant objects, crisp and clean, no distortions, The puzzles are innovative twist on common ones.

Difficulty:
    Two levels available. I chose "regular'. The level of difficulty in all three aspects - HO, puzzle, quest - are all roughly the same and just about right for a goodish player. Put the thinking cap on, but no need to stock up on valium.

STORY: An evil power has trapped all the souls in the town in the spirit world, you, a young apprentice in the art of voodoo are the only one who can act. Your teacher’s spirit summons all her energy to give you a few special items of use in your quest to save the town, and is gone.

The ending to the game has left the story at a cliff-hanger, and I had to re-evaluate my impressions of this game.

Everything is still true, but they blew it by ending with a "to be continued", and we very much are a long way from the finish of the story.

If a game can stand alone, a "to be continued" doesn't have to be bad. Not the case here.

Two star demerit, developers!

I don’t recommend this game!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:38 pm

I really liked this one, despite the cliffhanger ending.  Just wish that they'd continued the story!

Oh, and this is one of the extremely RARE games that actually integrated the bonus play into the main game.  No finishing, then going to play the bonus chapter, which may or may not have anything to do with the main story.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:41 pm

Hm, I only ever played the SE. I really liked it too, although, even forgiving the ending, it was pretty short. I was hoping they'd put out a sequel too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:07 am