Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Secrets of the Dark: Temple of Night

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Secrets of the Dark: Temple of Night  Empty Secrets of the Dark: Temple of Night

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:43 pm

Secrets of the Dark: Temple of Night
    by Orneon

Series links: Secrets of the Dark 1: Temple of Night, Secrets of the Dark 2: Eclipse Mountain, Secrets of the Dark 3: Mystery of the Ancestral Estate, Secrets of The Dark 4: The Flower of Shadow

Available from:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin - Standard Edition for PC

Secrets of the Dark: Temple of Night  Secrets-of-the-dark-temple-of-night-ce_feature

Your friend is a journalist who is staying in a seemingly  quiet desert town. After getting involved with a story involving the  dark forces, he is kidnapped by three dark priests! Now they are getting  ready to sacrifice him to provide the Demon of Darkness with limitless  power, and it’s up to you to stop them! Save your friend in Secrets of  the Dark: Temple of Night, a challenging Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure  game!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus gameplay
    • Integrated Strategy Guide
    • Wonderful Wallpapers

Click images to enlarge
    Secrets of the Dark: Temple of Night  Th_screen1  Secrets of the Dark: Temple of Night  Th_screen2  Secrets of the Dark: Temple of Night  Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Secrets of the Dark: Temple of Night  Empty Re: Secrets of the Dark: Temple of Night

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:57 am

Excellent Concept & Design ****

GAME COMPLETED A COUPLE OF TIMES

“What do you see when you turn out the lights?” Well in one small town what they see is a ruddy great Aztec temple complete with sacrificial altars. And your friend is the next cab off the rank.

It’s a wonderful idea, which the developers have pulled off expertly.

Pull down the shades, close the curtains, and a whole new world is presented to you. Things you do in this world affect your daylight life and vice versa. Intriguing!

And, as it happens, very difficult. The light/dark thing does take a while to get a handle on, but it’s not the different gameplay that wore me down. It was just one of those games full of puzzles I can’t solve. They’re all well known, but are harder versions. It is disheartening, particularly seeing there is a time score, and each skip adds 30 mins to your time!

If it hadn’t been for the unreasonable difficulty levels of the puzzles I would have rated this one 5 stars.

The graphics were not works of art, but they were crystal clear, bright, and interesting. HOs came as lists and replace the objects. The replacement scenes were really fun; the results of your replacement showed flair and humour.

No voiceover for most of the game, but video cassettes (replayable) were well done and dramatic. The journal was a help, but I sure wish I could have had a map...

And I must mention the music. Excellent! Haunting and vitalising at the same time, far more upbeat than most. It did get a bit much sometimes, but it gave the game a unique atmosphere.

Gamers who like a challenge – this one’s for you.

I recommend this game!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Secrets of the Dark: Temple of Night  Empty Re: Secrets of the Dark: Temple of Night

Post by genkicoll Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:26 pm

I loved the concept of the rooms changing when the lighting was different.  Wonderfully done! Okay

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:40 am