Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Grim Facade 1: Mystery of Venice

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Grim Facade 1: Mystery of Venice  Empty Grim Facade 1: Mystery of Venice

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:22 pm

Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice
    by ERS Game Studio

Series links: Grim Facade 1: Mystery of Venice, Grim Facade 2: Sinister Obsession, Grim Facade 3: Cost of Jealousy, Grim Facade 4: A Wealth of Betrayal, Grim Facade 5: The Artist and The Pretender, Grim Facade 6: Hidden Sins

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin - Standard Edition for PC

Grim Facade 1: Mystery of Venice  Grim-facade-mystery-of-venice-collectors_feature

Two young ladies have gone missing and it’s up to you to find  them in Grim Façade: Mystery of Venice, a terrifying Hidden Object  Puzzle Adventure game! The two young women had just left a masquerade  ball in a gondola when they went missing. The driver of the gondola was a  man wearing a mask of Medico Della Peste. Track him down and discover  the terrifying secret!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus gameplay
    • Integrated Strategy Guide
    • Stunning Screensaver
    • Wonderful Wallpapers

For the Standard Edition:

Click images to enlarge
    Grim Facade 1: Mystery of Venice  Th_screen1  Grim Facade 1: Mystery of Venice  Th_screen2  Grim Facade 1: Mystery of Venice  Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Grim Facade 1: Mystery of Venice  Empty Re: Grim Facade 1: Mystery of Venice

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:16 am

Enjoy The Old World Grandeur & Mystery Of Venice

Sunny Sunny SunnySunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

History is only a gondola ride away in this utterly beautiful and charming HO game. Even in the clutches of the plague, Venice looks romantic. At least, it does when drawn in the WONDERFUL HAND DRAWN GRAPHICS of ERS & DELIGHTFUL MUSIC. (Which, admittedly gets a bit repetitious eventually.)

You are a DETECTIVE brought in the rescue two young women who have been kidnapped. Immediately, it becomes apparent that the criminal is aware of your arrival, and is doing everything possible to hamper your investigation. A man in a mask threatens you and warns you to “stay out of Redemption’s path”. The VOICEOVERS are really just for the opening dialogues, but are reasonably well done.

This is really HO Adventure, as there is few PUZZLES. The HO scenes are clear, objects are easy to spot and some are interactive. There are COLLECTIBLE fans to be found in each HOS, used to increase the number of HINTS available. Neither the HOS nor the PUZZLES is difficult. There were times, though, when I really had no idea what to do next. HINT was no use “there is nothing to do right now”, and there’s NO MAP. The JOURNAL had nothing to offer either.

An amusing addition in this game is the SHOPKEEPER, Giovanni. Giovanni just happens to have in stock the right item at the right time, for just the right price. So be diligent in accumulating those ducats.

To date, there have been 3 Grim Facade games, and I love every one of them, but this one will always be my favourite. It just has this amazing atmosphere, and the STORY as it unfolds later in the game is really INTERESTING.

I Recommend This Game!

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm