Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Mystery of the Ancients 1: Lockwood Manor

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Mystery of the Ancients 1: Lockwood Manor  Empty Mystery of the Ancients 1: Lockwood Manor

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:23 pm

Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor
    by Mariaglorum Games - January, 2012

Series links:  Mystery of the Ancients 1: Lockwood Manor, Mystery of the Ancients 2: Curse of the Black Water, Mystery Of The Ancients 3: Three Guardians, Mystery of the Ancients 4: Deadly Cold, Mystery of the Ancients 5: Mud Water Creek, Mystery of the Ancients 6: The Sealed and Forgotten

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

Mystery of the Ancients 1: Lockwood Manor  Mystery-of-the-ancients-lockwood-manor_feature

There's a terrible secret hidden deep within Lockwood Manor.  Uncover the truth in order to save your best friend, and yourself, in  this thrilling hidden object adventure game!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus gameplay
    • Integrated strategy guide
    • Music
    • Concept art

For the Standard Edition:

Click images to enlarge
    Mystery of the Ancients 1: Lockwood Manor  Th_screen1  Mystery of the Ancients 1: Lockwood Manor  Th_screen2  Mystery of the Ancients 1: Lockwood Manor  Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Wed May 24, 2017 7:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Mystery of the Ancients 1: Lockwood Manor  Empty Re: Mystery of the Ancients 1: Lockwood Manor

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:01 pm

Love Triangle Wakens The Demon Within

Sunny Sunny Sunny

GAME COMPLETED SEVERAL TIMES

In the year since this game was released, we have seen an unbelievable blossoming of all aspects of the artistry of game development. Which leaves this one feeling a bit dated. (A year ago, this would have rated a 4 from me). So though graphics are fine they are not thrilling, the scenes are largely inanimate, there’s no interactivity in the HOs, and little in the way of cutscenes. Also no voiceovers, and no map.

The game is easy to play, with more than the average number of HOs, and generally easy puzzles. Not a stunning game, none of the bells and whistles, but I have played it several times and still enjoy it. I think part of its appeal is the logical progression of the gameplay, the clarity of the HOs, and the uncomplicated puzzles. It’s a game for a lazy afternoon.

Good no frills entertainment. 

I recommend this game!

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:39 am