Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Greed 2: Forbidden Experiments

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Greed 2: Forbidden Experiments Empty Greed 2: Forbidden Experiments

Post by genkicoll Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:38 pm

Greed: Forbidden Experiments
    by Urchin Games - March, 2015

Series links: Greed 1: The Mad Scientist, Greed 2: Forbidden Experiments, Greed 3: Old Enemies Returning

Available at:
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    Steam

Greed 2: Forbidden Experiments Greed-forbidden-experiments_feature

Julia is surrounded by unusual circumstances after she receives a mysterious phone call. The caller asks Julia to rescue her twin sister Sophia, who was abducted many years ago. When Julia reaches an abandoned laboratory to rescue her sister, she discovers there is more to this mystery than a mere abduction. Is the caller a sincere informer or is he trying to lure Julia into a trap? Find out the sinister plans of the secret cult of the Oracles and stop their forbidden experiments.

• Experience horror, adventure and mystery combined
    • Explore the laboratory of the cult of the Oracles
    • Stop the forbidden experiments and save humanity
    • Play puzzles in a modern high tech environment

Greed 2: Forbidden Experiments Screen1
    Greed 2: Forbidden Experiments Screen2
    Greed 2: Forbidden Experiments Screen3
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Greed 2: Forbidden Experiments Empty Re: Greed 2: Forbidden Experiments

Post by genkicoll Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:07 pm

Greed 2: Forbidden Experiments (IHOG)

This is a standalone storyline.

Options include Widescreen Correction, Custom Cursor, and separate sliders for Music, SFX and Voices.

Choice of Normal, Hard or Detective Mode with clearly marked differences.

Hidden object scenes will each be played twice, and in two different modes:  By list (sometimes with light interaction) and by silhouette.  Like in the first game, HOS can be skipped entirely once the SKIP meter has filled (provided that you're not playing on Detective Mode).  You will find anywhere from one to three items to help you at each of these scenes.

There are two collectibles during gameplay:

• 10 Oracle Emblems
    • 9 pages from Sofia's diary

The pages are snippets of background story, and won't take you long to read.  These are kept in your tabbed journal - one for YOUR journaling, and one for Sofia's pages.

Most of the PUZZLES are variations of the exact same premise - turn the dials to bring whatever to the same level, and each dial may affect more than one level.  Again, puzzles are skippable.

HINTS during the adventure portion are more mainstream this time - use the hint button and you'll either get a directional arrow or it will indicate a place for you to interact.

The story once again left my super-analytical mind frustrated, but most of the plot holes and logic issues might not occur to everyone, so I won't mention specifics - no spoilers! ;D

The artwork is nothing spectacular, but it was nice.  The protagonist is probably the prettiest lead I've ever seen in an IHOG, and she's intelligent to boot - always a plus! Okay  I even liked the voice-overs, especially our leading lady!
    Greed 2: Forbidden Experiments 9A13F6C260B3A4FE51B186FB5C16C133B56CD71A

I played all of the hidden object scenes and puzzles, though I did use the hint button during the adventure portion.  All told the game took me just over two hours to complete.

Despite my irritation at the logic, this was a relaxing game to pass a couple of hours, and I'd recommend it to fans of the genre.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:50 pm