Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Grow Home

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Grow Home Empty Grow Home

Post by genkicoll Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:04 pm

Grow Home
    by Reflections, a Ubisoft Studio - February, 2015

Series links: Grow Home; Grow UP

Available at:
    Humble Store
    Steam

Grow Home Header

Description

In Grow Home you play as BUD (Botanical Utility Droid), a robot on a mission to save his home planet by harvesting the seeds of a giant alien plant. On his quest BUD will discover a beautiful world of floating islands that are home to some rather strange plants and animals.
    Grow the giant plant and use your unique climbing abilities to reach ever higher ground, but be careful…one wrong move and it’s a long way down!

Key Features

Climbing: Procedural animation allows you to move BUD's hands independently, creating a unique and unrestricted climbing experience.

Growing: Guide and ride the giant alien plant as you create your own pathways in the sky. Everything you grow can be climbed on. Use it as a bridge, a safety net, or simply as a tool for artistic expression.

Exploration: Explore every nook and cranny of the alien world as you hunt and collect crystals that can enhance BUD's abilities. It’s a physical playground and many of the alien plants have unusual properties that can help you on your quest.
    Grow Home Ss_0723d0bb068c6779aa4f601b4dd43a2fa0a71b2e.600x338
    Grow Home Ss_0974926a9fa245a9329b5fcb4801202efc9d1b80.600x338
    Grow Home Ss_f869278e21b71eeaa25dcd0e50f387195379c431.600x338
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Grow Home Empty Re: Grow Home

Post by genkicoll Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:11 pm

Grow Home (Platformer-Adventure)

I didn't have my fill of cute when I played the second game, Grow Up, and had to revisit this one... Besides 1. I hadn't gained all of my achievements, and 2. I never wrote a review!

This game is where we first meet BUD - our delightful robot protagonist - for the first time.  The premise is simple:  Explore, collect and grow an enormous plant up to the stratosphere.  Much of the game is spent climbing, but you'll also bounce, jump, fly, glide, and of course, fall... A LOT!
    Grow Home 04808D412AA3090D50E7F47DA0D68D4C18F1105F

Don't feel like climbing?  Jump on a star plant branch and grow it in the direction you want to go, but hold on tight!  It's like a bucking bronco that doesn't always want to grow in the direction you're trying to aim it! ;D

Keep your eye out for crystals whilst you explore!  There are 100 crystals, total, and the more you find, the more powerful BUD's jetpack will become - VERY helpful, especially when trying to move something heavy!

Periodically you'll find telerouters, which you can activate and use to teleport to different areas of the vertical map.  The telerouters are also used to help you index the flora and fauna of the planet.  Just grab a plant or animal, and drag it into the telerouter until it floats.  In all, there are 20 veggies/critters to find and index, and you can see the complete list (including hints for those you haven't found yet) in the menu area.

Speaking of the menu, this is where you will find the skins (recolors and outfits) that you will unlock for BUD.  They are only accessible from the in-game menu, and not from the main screen.

There are 26 Steam achievements to be had, and although some of them are grindy, there are methods you can use to hurry things along.  These 'cheevos are definitely do-able.  The main objective can be completed in a day, but completing the secondary objective, finding all of the extras and getting all of the achievements will take quite a bit longer. 

This is a charming game, and one that I definitely recommend!

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:21 am