Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Maggie's Movies 1: Camera, Action!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Maggie's Movies 1: Camera, Action! Empty Maggie's Movies 1: Camera, Action!

Post by genkicoll Sat May 27, 2017 8:30 pm

Maggie's Movies: Camera, Action!
    by World-LooM, GameHouse - February, 2017

Big Fish as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    GameHouse as Platinum Edition
    iWin as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Steam

Maggie's Movies 1: Camera, Action! 204038

Discover Maggie's Movies - Camera, Action Platinum Edition, and play your part in the riveting story of an aspiring film director! Maggie's grandpa raised her in the movie theater, making her pre-destined to make it big behind the Hollywood scenes. But this script doesn't lead straight to fame and fortune. Welcome to the not so glamorous world of hard work and disillusion... Lights, camera, action: it's time for Maggie's Movies - Camera, Action Platinum Edition!

• help Maggie chase her dreams while you follow her behind the Hollywood scenes
    • serve the cast, cater for the crew, and ensure the production goes smoothly
    • stand by Maggie in Easy, Normal or Expert mode
    • deal with pesky directors, film divas, and mean competition
    • Gamezebo Tips and Strategies

Maggie's Movies 1: Camera, Action! 1
    Maggie's Movies 1: Camera, Action! 2
    Maggie's Movies 1: Camera, Action! 3

Last edited by genkicoll on Fri May 22, 2020 8:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Maggie's Movies 1: Camera, Action! Empty Re: Maggie's Movies 1: Camera, Action!

Post by genkicoll Fri May 22, 2020 7:53 pm

Maggie's Movies 1: Camera, Action! (TM-Dash)

NOTE: The Steam version includes the challenges and bonus chapter, but not the 4 wallpapers that are included with CE versions purchased elsewhere.

Difficulty is chosen before you start, and is clearly defined. Pause a level to access separate sliders for Music and SFX, Show Game Hints and Full-screen.  From the main menu you can read bios for each character in the game, but be aware that they can include spoilers.
    Maggie's Movies 1: Camera, Action! AAE2FEE05CDEFA4DE621EC1DB4DA93A7DDEB47CC

Story:

Maggie spent a lot of time in her grandfather's theater, and grew up loving the cinema.  Getting a job as a production assistant brings her one step closer to of becoming a movie director, but dealing with big personalities and even bigger egos comes with the territory.  Help Maggie navigate volatile situations as she forges ever onward towards her dream!

This is a game that I put off playing for a while, because I didn't think I'd enjoy it.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that I really liked it!  There were some uncomfortable moments, for sure, but Maggie's strength of character is inspiring, and I appreciate where the story took us.

Gameplay:

This is your typical GameHouse Original Stories-type gameplay.  People automatically go to their stations and order, you grab items deliver them.  Chaining actions will get you point-bonuses, and Carl the Mouse is on every non-challenge level.  He does squeak, so that makes finding him easier. ;)
    Maggie's Movies 1: Camera, Action! 750C52EBFC6F859BCF76978CC385288DAD07F1EF

There are a couple of locations in addition to movie sets, including working in the theater -- my favorite part. 

Maggie's Movies does not have the pop-up mini-games (ie. moving the cursor around in a circle or quick-clicking to complete an action) that has become popular in the more recent offerings in the Snuggford-related games, something that I appreciate since I tend to have trouble with them.

We have a total of 60 story-related levels, plus the bonus chapter and challenge levels.  Speaking of which, the extra chapter is a prequel and is available from the moment you start the game!
    Maggie's Movies 1: Camera, Action! 410FCE38C4AF086AC5E8A7D1A2DDC5BF39DB375A

The 24 in-game and Steam Achievements can be achieved by the usual catching-all-the-mice and getting-3-stars-on-every-level-type of thing, with no daily challenges, etc. to deal with.

Be aware that the English is not always perfect, but it's not terrible -- Easy enough to understand.  The text also sometimes gets partially cropped-off at the top of the screen, but again, it's readable.

Verdict:

I love that Maggie simultaneously manages to be no-nonsense and sweet, driven but kind.  The movie theme of the game is not my favorite, but I ended up enjoying this one very much, and am looking forward to playing the 2nd game.  Recommended to TM-Dash fans!

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:23 am