Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Do Not Go to the Grocery Store Dip AKA: Easy and Healthy Black Bean Dip

Esme
    Esme

Do Not Go to the Grocery Store Dip AKA: Easy and Healthy Black Bean Dip Empty Do Not Go to the Grocery Store Dip AKA: Easy and Healthy Black Bean Dip

Post by Esme Mon May 30, 2016 4:12 pm

Since it is a holiday weekend here in the US, I am enjoying some extra free time. I do NOT want to squander my precious free time going to grocery stores. Ain't nobody got time for that. Yeah right  I also wanted something both yummy and sorta/kinda healthy to snack on. The challenge was to make it from stuff I already had in the house. What to do? 

Pinterest, of course. 

I found this recipe from yummyhealthyeasy.com for Healthy Black Bean Dip

It was nearly perfect... except for the jalapenos. 
    1. I don't have any.
    2. Never gonna have any; too spicy.
    3. Not going to the store to get any- goal: do not leave house, do not pass GO

So, rather than giving up, I went to my trusty food cabinets and found Rotel Tomatoes with Cilantro and Lime.  Happy bounce

And a dip was born that was even easier than the original recipe! 

You will need:
    1 15 oz. can black beans-drained
    1 can Rotel Tomatoes with Cilantro and Lime-drained
    1 cup sour cream (I assume you could use Greek yogurt if you're being extra health-conscious)
    1 cup shredded cheese (I assume you could use low-fat for the aforementioned health-consciousness)
    salt
    pepper
    fresh chopped tomatoes and cilantro (from my garden, because: No Grocery Store trip!) for garnish/additional yumminess
    tortilla chips, pita chips, crackers, veggies... whatever you want to dip in the goodness

Directions:

Toss beans and sour cream into food processor and whiz it up. When it is all smooth, stir in the drained tomatoes and 3/4 of the cheese. Add any salt and pepper you may want.  Pour into a baking dish that's been sprayed with Pam or olive oil or whatever you use to keep it from getting stuck. I had Baker's Secret. Again... not going to the grocery store, so I made do. Pour bean mix into dish and bake at 350 for 10 minutes or so. When it gets a little brown around the edges pull it out and top with the remaining cheese, then put it back in until the cheese is all gooey and melty and perfect. When it's done, toss the fresh chopped tomatoes and cilantro on top to make it all pretty. 

It will look like this:
    Do Not Go to the Grocery Store Dip AKA: Easy and Healthy Black Bean Dip Dip_ba10

Then plan to eat with tortilla chips. Look for tortilla chips. Realize husband ATE all the tortilla chips. Cry a little. Cry  Go to grocery store to get the stupid tortilla chips. Eat while plotting revenge against husband. Enjoy.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Do Not Go to the Grocery Store Dip AKA: Easy and Healthy Black Bean Dip Empty Re: Do Not Go to the Grocery Store Dip AKA: Easy and Healthy Black Bean Dip

Post by genkicoll Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:24 am

D'oh! D\\'oh!  Dem hubbies and their munchies! (Looks like a great recipe, thank you!)

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:52 am