Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+12
TrinityM
Cuddlefish
genkicoll
kac
lackoo
oregonpandora
Sable
cyndisa
GIs1stluv
jfog
volnole68
_DD_
16 posters

Pub is down... (Feb. 2016)

_DD_
    _DD_

Pub is down... (Feb. 2016) Empty Pub is down... (Feb. 2016)

Post by _DD_ Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:29 pm

...it seems the bill has not been paid. The Pub owner and the forum SW provider have been contacted, and there's nothing else we can do. At least the forum SW provider claims so; the Pub owner hasn't reacted yet at all.

Maybe it helps if you contact the Pub owner, too, if you know ways to do so.

And before I forget and if we ever get back in again, pls remember to give cyn your email address (or permission to use your email from the registration).

Fingers crossed...
    volnole68
    volnole68

Pub is down... (Feb. 2016) Empty Re: Pub is down... (Feb. 2016)

Post by volnole68 Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:19 am

I cannot believe she has let this happen!! Unreal.  My email address can be used by anybody at the Pub.  Thanks DD.
    jfog
    jfog

Post by jfog Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:39 am

This is not good. My email address can be used, too. Thanks for posting, DD.
    GIs1stluv
    GIs1stluv

Post by GIs1stluv Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:54 am

My email can also be used. Thanks for the update DD.
    cyndisa

Post by cyndisa Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:23 am

Hi, all.

Thank you for posting this, DD.  Hug

I found this problem last night / early this morning when I tried to check the Pub one last time before going to bed.  I am discouraged and disheartened on a number of levels; but I will detail that more either in e-mails to you all or in the Pub itself, if I'm able to get it back online.  I am conversing with IPS about this right now. 

There is much that needs to be said and has been being planned (to be said) for a little over a week now.  The delay has come because of my internet problems and the fact that I'm in the process of moving right now.  Unfortunately (only the last in a series of unfortunate events), the issue with the bill not being paid means I HAVE to deal with this right now, no matter what real life is throwing at me.  No, that's wrong.  Yes, I have to deal with it; but really, we all have to deal with it.  Thank you for being "in this" with me. Heart

I appreciate those of you who have given permission for me to contact you via email.  I will do so as soon as I'm able to, and IF the Pub doesn't come back up soon.  As many of you know, Sunday is probably my busiest day of the week, so I'm not sure how much I'll get done on this today.  But I will be in touch.  Smile

Thanks, again.  Offering  Your kindness and understanding are a great encouragement.
    Sable
    Sable

Post by Sable Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:35 am

Cyn, please use my email address as well.  Thought the problem was on my end, as it usually is, lol.  Thank you for looking into this for us, anything I can do to help, just whistle.  Much good luck in bringing us all together again, keeping my fingers crossed.
    oregonpandora

Post by oregonpandora Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:59 am

I don't know if you have my latest email address so I will send it again, Cyn.   This is not good news  but it has happened before.  Hopefully it will take care of itself.  I will be happy to contribute to the cost of the Pub but understand  she has to renew it.   
    ETA Sent you a PM with my email address.

Last edited by oregonpandora on Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    lackoo

Post by lackoo Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:05 am

I just noticed today that the forum vanished from the internet .
    volnole68
    volnole68

Post by volnole68 Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:22 am

Thank you Cyn.  Don't you worry about us today.  I know this is your busiest day of the week and we can manage the wait.  We can try to reach out to those we know how to find through other forums and let them know about Genki's if they don't already know.

You have been a lifesaver to us so many times.  I am hoping the end result of all this will be better for everyone especially you and we can be of more help to you.  I am also willing to help with an finances if needed.  Will be praying for you. Hug
    kac

Post by kac Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:32 am

Cyn the Pub can wait another day, so get all you need to do for your family/church today.  When I saw the message last night, I thought the bill was unpaid and knew it would take a few days to get it all straightened out.
    kac

Post by kac Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:43 am

Most importantly, thanks to Genki for providing us a home away from home.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:49 am

kac wrote:Most importantly, thanks to Genki for providing us a home away from home.

Of course Offering  This haven was originally created as a backup for The Pub, after all.

Cyn, you may of course use my e-mail for whatever you need.

I am way WAY behind on creating topics for new games, so please feel free to create the new topics yourself... just leave the first post blank (put a . there or something) and put your thoughts in the second post.  I'll come along behind you and add the game info/links, and add a link to the game index.

It's nice to see you all, even if it is for sad reasons.
    _DD_
    _DD_

Post by _DD_ Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:44 am

genkicoll wrote:Of course Offering  This haven was originally created as a backup for The Pub, after all.

And what a relief it is (again)! Smile

Thanks, everyone, for your answers -- so sweet. Smile

I would like to ask the Pub Support team members to make a note of the Daily releases on "their" day -- maybe we can put it back together then afterwards. As we did before... well, we can hope, can we? Smile

We're still missing a few regular (posting) members here. So, yes, if you know any other way, let them know, pls.
    Thank you, all! FLOWERRS
    jfog
    jfog

Post by jfog Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:06 am

I will make a note of the dailies for today, Monday and Tuesday if we're not up by then. Cyn, I will do Monday dailies. Don't even think about them. You have bigger fish to fry and I've already talked to DD and Bella about it yesterday and was planning to do them anyway. 

I PMed Loonna at BF because I know her user name there. Kitty is at Pond Friends but I'm not sure of her user name - Kitty51? I'll PM her anyway. If that's not her, whoever it is will just tell me to go away. I've heard that before. Who else is missing?

DD, hope you had fun today with no worrying about the Pub.

And, thank you, Genki!
    _DD_
    _DD_

Post by _DD_ Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:43 am

Thank you lots, J! Smile

>> DD, hope you had fun today with no worrying about the Pub.

as I got cyn's email before leaving this morning, the non-worrying was a bit limited.
    But I had a HUGE choco cake and enjoyed it nonetheless! ;)
    well, two pieces of it... (can you imagine 1.5 kilo sugar in ONE cake?!!!)

I PM'd you, J, at BFG ;Þ and Bella (but not sure I have her name there right) and now Nouni and Loonna (also, lol).

I put a note in the shoutbox at PondFriends cos I didn't know where to post there and cos ne_zavarj did the groundwork by asking there Smile  I hope that's OK.

We're missing lots -- Verve, and Cuddles, and alaska, and Joy, and Zada and marie, and fleet, and Angeleyes, and-I'm-sure-I'm-forgetting-some, and then the (other) not-so-often posters. well, Trin, of course, but she'll find us here. Smile
    jfog
    jfog

Post by jfog Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:04 pm

Now I want cake! (For our American members who don't know the metric system from a hole in the ground which includes me, 1.5 kilos is about 3.3 pounds or about 7 cups of sugar.) That is a heck of a cake! Good for you, DD!

I PMed ne_zavarj/Lackoo at PF this morning. I'll see if I can find the others there.
    kac

Post by kac Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:23 pm

I told Cuddles and I can contact Trin through my Playstation.  I'll contact Lynne as well as I have info for her.  I even have Verve on Steam. 

That must have been one sweet cake.  For my niece's birthday I had to make a cake that was chocolate cake with peppermint cheesecake in the middle and peppermint icing on top.  That used a LOT of sugar as well.  I didn't care for the peppermint icing, but the cheesecake part was good -- and I don't love cheesecake.
    Cuddlefish

Post by Cuddlefish Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:54 pm

Hi All.

Thank you Cyn for stepping up to this.  Really do appreciate it.  Smile

Please feel free to use my email address as well.

How hard would it be to just start at a place without connecting to the last site?  (Says she with absolutely no idea about the difficulty running the pub)  Embarrassed
    TrinityM
    TrinityM

Post by TrinityM Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:05 pm

I'm around, Kac got a hold of me.
    oregonpandora

Post by oregonpandora Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:31 pm

Is it your birthday DD, Or were you just lucky enough to have some cake?
    volnole68
    volnole68

Post by volnole68 Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:42 pm

I was wondering the same thing OP.  Hope we haven't missed her birthday!

Cuddle, I wonder the same thing.  I know it isn't simple but it would be nice not to have these issues.  Cyn has an amazing amount of patience!!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:47 pm

Loonna is floating around here somewhere -- I saw her in the "inactive users" (meaning that she hadn't validated her account here yet) and I approved her membership.  Ahh, and I just found Lynn in there, too.  Approved! Sunny
    lynn8179
    lynn8179

Post by lynn8179 Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:55 pm

thank you genki! cyn thank you for dealing with all this if you need anything  let me know and feel free to use my email! hey everyone i am here, i am just glad kac found me on facebook and let me know! i was worried! that cake sounds so yummy dd! i emailed kitty and gave her the forum here. sorry my mind is scattered.
    oregonpandora

Post by oregonpandora Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:07 pm

The Pub is back up!
    kac

Post by kac Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:05 pm

That was fast work Cyn.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:19 pm