Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+6
JustTheFacts
luvtoread
djrum
kac
genkicoll
pippi
10 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

luvtoread
    luvtoread

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by luvtoread Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:00 am

I just started on the Bonus section of Hotel X.    Got a good laugh at the HO scene in
    the car.    Where was there room to drive?
    It looked like "Horders in Cars."

New Hotel Owner is,  to put it mildly,  a rude stuck up moron.
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:12 am

BFG BOGO Sale today!

I'd get that Haunted Legends Life game but I don't have a 'get one' to go with it. 

I just can't bring myself to get another Dark Parables and I think I'm boycotting the EIPIX MCF games out of Lore Principle (the same reason Esme abstains from the Dupin Poe games    Silly face )

This might be a Overreaction on my part, but a game studio just should not be allowed to take over a series and change fundamental story facts.  It's like giving Mr Spock a light saber and making him best friends with Yoda or something.  Big smile
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:31 am

pippi-its not a BOGO sale,  its a 1/2 off sale.  Here,  this will wake your eyeballs up.   coffee   Big smile
    Even so,  I would wait for a better CE sale.

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 3 Jedi-spock-jedi-spock-demotivational-poster-1227857706
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:47 am

luvtoread wrote:pippi-its not a BOGO sale,  its a 1/2 off sale.  Here,  this will wake your eyeballs up.   coffee   Big smile
    Even so,  I would wait for a better CE sale.

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 3 Jedi-spock-jedi-spock-demotivational-poster-1227857706
    Ah-hahahahahahahahaha!

This makes me giggle so much!  Snicker
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:09 pm

You are right.  It's a 1/2 off sale.  Embarrassed   My reading comprehension is zero before that first coffee 

I'm not getting anything.

I've seen Jedi Spock before (I didn't come up with my analogy from my own grey matter. Elk grin ) ... I LOVE the picture you posted.  Made my entire day!!!

Last edited by pippi on Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:50 pm

I have finished the main game in HL and I see what you're talking about now, luvtoread.

I've demo'd MCF: Ravenhearst Unlocked. It's a definite buy for me. I'll wait and see what kind of a sale we get tomorrow or Thanksgiving Day.
    I'd really like to get started on it, though. Looks good!
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:06 am

I will get it too, but first I have to finish Keys to Ravenhearst. It's been silly fun so far. I think that's the best I can hope for with games anymore. Scary, not so much, though...

Goblinz did post yesterday that True Fear's sequel Shock is now finished but because of publishing stuff it probably won't be out until March. I will buy it no matter when it comes out. That is one of of my favorite games of all time.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:05 am

I saw Goblinz's post, too, Esme. And I will also buy whenever it comes out. I know the games are supposed to be a trilogy, but I just hate to think how long the third game will take before released.

From playing part of the demo for Ravenhearst Unlocked, I think I like it a little more than Keys. Not that I didn't like Keys...
    I've always enjoyed Eipix's "miniature" (for lack of a better word) HO scenes and they seem to be missing lately.

I feel kind of the same way about games. I can't tell one from another anymore. I like being entertained for a couple of hours every day, so I play them.
    As many games as all of us have played, it would be hard not to have a "been there done that" attitude towards any new game.
    I reckon it's all about the storyline...if it's strong enough to make us forget the BTDT feeling.
    And since we love the D&E games, I think we've played every single possible storyline out
    there. Laugh
    No matter, I'm still a Game Enthusiast! I always will be as long as the hard-working developers keep creating them.

Sometimes I worry about the casual game. I think the phase is over, so we get a limited amount of games and a limited amount of devs who make them. It's a rare thing to find a good SE that wasn't a CE and look at all the devs who are not making games now. They've went on to other platforms.

I have to give Eipix credit for taking on these huge series games (Dark Parables and MCF). Those are awful big shoes to fill and would be daunting for any team.

I actually have to give a big shout-out to any dev who continues a series (I'm thinking Midnight Mysteries, too).

And, no, I don't want to see them end. It would just be one more nail in the coffin of casual gaming.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:45 am

Aw, crap. Kind of a lame sale today. I'll have to wait some more. WillworkforGAMES

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!! thankscorn
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:25 am

I agree.    No developers sales yesterday.   Today is lame. 

Fortunately,  have other games to play.

dj-  did you find the Bonus to Hotel kind of.....not sure of the word I am looking for,
    but MD was kind of dumb.

spoiler just in case someone has not got to this part yet:

Oh well its played.   Did you play the secret room.   I just could not find the 4th cassette.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:13 pm

Yes, it was kind of comical. Laugh

I played the secret room. Normally, I don't play any of the extras in Elephant's games, only the bonus. Everything else usually screws up.

I'm playing one of the Jewel Match games. I started the Halloween game and bought the Snowscapes game. I started Snowscapes because I wanted to listen to Christmas music. xmashat

Both of them are M3 games and not my usual go-to games. But, for some odd reason, I lose track of time when playing.

I'd like to play Ravenhearst Unlocked. I am keeping an eye on the tech issues thread and hoping for a better sale Saturday. Or a Black Friday sale tomorrow?
    If we don't get one, my GC comes up Saturday and I'll just buy another credit.
    So there, BFG, for not giving us a super fantastic sale today nor yesterday. pfft  

(I'm really not complaining too much because we DO get super fantastic sales)
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:45 am

I bought MCF  and DP: Goldilocks with today's sale.  Fortunately I already had 1 GCC
    so all I had to do was buy another.

There is an update on the MCF game,    I never even checked the tech thread,  so
    hopefully this update will keep me from regretting buying.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:17 pm

I bought MCF and Eventide. I got DP last weekend.

Has anyone tried the new Surface yet?
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:22 pm

I have lost interest in the Surface games.   For me,  they seem to have lost imagination.
    I remember doing the beta and thinking  "This is not a buy for me."    So sad,  I really
    used to be a fan of their games.

I am playing DP:  Goldilocks.   I seem to have lost the thread of the story somewhere
    along the line.   Should have paid closer attention,  I guess.   Is there 3 sisters or 2?
    Is Goldi also Leda? 

For those who have not played:

spoiler cause I just do not want to confuse anyone else:

MD   seems glad of Goldi and the  Craftsmans help.  Yep,   standing there
    looking tough really is checking out the place thoroughly.

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by luvtoread on Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:30 pm

Oooh-kay... I just finished Keys to Ravenhearst. I got a chuckle out of it. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Nor is it at all scary. I do miss the Master Detective's sass. I think that has gotten lost along the way. I have no idea who is who in the crazy Dalimar family. I'm guessing that the family tree went through a woodchipper and Eipix is trying to patch it together with chewing gum and rubber bands. I will persevere and play Ravenhearst Unhinged or whatever it's called. I sort of miss the live action bits, but at least the HO scenes weren't horrible and repetitive and the door puzzles were doable. I missed one flipping harbinger (why don't they just call them ravens?) but at least I could go back and find the stupid thing after I plowed through the entire game. 

I, too, picked up the new DP and passed on the new Surface game. I've sort of lost interest in that series. I thought about the Eventide/Slavic one, but I did the beta and it was odd. Different. I'm not sure if it was different in a good way or not. The sale isn't good enough for me to take a chance on it either. Oh well. There are always other sales. Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 3 Shrug

Have any of you tried the MCF: Ravenhearst Unlocked, Unhinged, Unconscious... whatever it is? The Pond says it is "intense" and a psychological thriller for adults. Should I be hopeful for at least a tiny scare or two? Thoughts?

I hope everyone who celebrates it had a great Turkey Day! We did, but I'm also glad to be home. Have my Christmas shopping started, and my house clean. It's cold here, so I might just fire up the electric blanket and snuggle in with a game and be done for the night. Saturday nights in my 40s are SOOOOOOO different from those in my 20s and 30s! LOL Embarrassed
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:32 pm

esme-The twins have grown up and have not fallen far from the Dalimer twisted tree.
    Remember them in Escape from Ravenhurst?   I believed we rescued
    them.    No good deed goes unpunished. 
    Did you think,  like me,  that television guy looked like Leonardo DiCaprio?

I think they give the warning for those who get their panties in a pinch over whatever.
    I personally have not come across anything that has psychoed me out  in this game.
    It should come as no surprise that Alistare is a murderous psychopath.
    I think Escape was a lot more scary,  creepy and mind twisting.  (Just keeping up
    with Alistair's history is mind twisting)
    But---the story (which I am actually keeping up with a lot better than Goldi and her
    long  Locks) reveals  something that I had never wondered about and also does
    a Back to the Future.
    I have started playing it,  then started playing Goldilocks and the story which I have
    no idea what is going on.   Because I have Game Attention Deficit Disorder.
    Yup- I GAD from shiny new game to shiny new game.  That is what happens with a
    BOGO sale!    I am always afraid I will forgot I bought it,  so dl/d both.
    I have game issues.  Laugh
    I really do like Ravenhurst Unleashed,  Unkeyed and totally Uncomprehensible!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:15 pm

I'm playing Ravenhearst Unlocked now. I haven't come across anything "intense" yet. I've solved my first super puzzle without peeking at the Puzzle Hint.
    Though it took me so long I forgot what I was doing and where I was at (in the game, lol!). Huh?

Yes, I do agree that Escape from Ravenhearst was definitely mind-twisting...and kind of humorous. Some of the things we had to do...wow. I remember thinking, "Are you kidding me, Devs?"
    I did enjoy the game so I most likely have a weird sense of humor.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:37 pm

Speaking of "Are you kidding me?".   I just had to get these whatevers to open a door.
    I step in and Goldilocks is standing there.   Couldn't she have just opened the door?
    How did she get in? 
    I think the devs enjoy torturing us.

I remember laughing in Escape at Victor's dancing.   That game was good.    I really
    should replay it.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:02 am

Darn, that's what I thought. "Intense" for me is definitely different than "intense" for the Pond People. *sigh* I'm going to play it anyway since it's Ravenhearst and I have years invested in this series. I'm sure it will be okay. I still miss Master Detective's sass though.

The twins are the little blonde twins we rescued about five games ago? How did they wind up back with the Dalimar clan? That makes no sense. Wait. Did I just complain that something in a game makes no sense?  Belly laugh What was I thinking? LMBO!

I'm going to try to Christmas-ify the house today, but hopefully I will still have time for some game playing. 

And YES! Victor's dancing was the best! THAT is the kind of stuff I miss. I'm not even kidding. Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 3 Dancing-smiley04Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 3 Smiley-dance013Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 3 Smileys-dancing-554997
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:11 pm

The twins are granddaughter's of AD.  He was daddy to Charles,  who married
    Emma,   or Rose,  I kind of forget.   Anyway,   one of them gave birth to the
    Twins and I think the other was kind of a nanny till wifey disappeared and then
    Victor was born?   No,   that can't be right cause I believe Victor is older than
    the twins.   Loopy

I just play the games.     Laugh

I need to go back in and figure out how to make the key    I will have to go to the
    forums and hope there is a solution.
    It looks like the set up for the key is right,   but there is no switch to pull.

Ok,  banshee gave a solution to the key making mess.   SG is no good.

The top of the keys are 1-5;    bottom   6-10.

Swap 6 & 10;  7 & 9;  7  & 8;   1 & 4;  3 & 5   The pic will pull back,  a switch will appear.

I am now on a Super Puzzle,  trying to get the torturous face mask off.    Balls of
    color will not give up their position for me.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:26 pm

Yes, sadly, the Ravenhearst storyline has lost me. OH!  All I know is Charles married Emma. Rose was the housekeeper whom Charles was secretly in love with? Charles poisoned Emma and the twins first showed up in Return to Ravenhearst.

I think their family tree may resemble the Clueless Clan's family branch. Laugh
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:43 pm

Okay, see, that's what I don't get. There was Emma, who if I remember correctly, didn't want to marry Chuckie boy. Wasn't that the point of the first Ravenhearst? Then there was Rose and the twins... did Chuckles get bizzay with her too? Weren't the twins captive/dead/ghostly-beings-in-the-basement of Ravenhearst and we had to rescue them? Why would they align themselves with AD or CD? Stockholm Syndrome? And what happened to their mother? She's dead, I assume. But then, I thought they were too. How the heck did that happen? And where is Victor during all this? Auditioning for Dancing With the Stars?

I've tried looking it up, but it just made my head hurt. Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 3 Tearing-hair
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:10 pm

LMAO!! Laugh

Emma was impressed by Charles when he took her to a dance. They danced the night away. Shortly after, he proposed and I reckon she couldn't say, "No, get away from me. Your whole family is
    delusional and evil".
    She accepted his marriage proposal.

If he was in love with Rose, why didn't he ask her to marry him? Or was she the clever one and figured out the "family"?
    Well, it must not have bothered her much since she had the twins with him. Rolling Eyes

These questions and many more will NEVER be answered in the continuing saga of Ravenhearst.

I have to say...I am enjoying Unlocked even though the second super-puzzle wiped me out and I did have trouble with the stupid key. I had it right and looked at the SG for confirmation, but the lever or handle thing wasn't showing in the scene. Also, the SG was wrong according to the Hint.
    In other words, it was a real mess!
    I didn't install it until after the update, so don't know what the heck happened. Huh?
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:39 am

I wished you had read my above post first-would have saved you total aggravation.

That key thing is just so wrong. 

From what I remember,  Emma really did not want to marry Charles,  somehow I think
    he kidnapped her,  cause she disappeared after the dance?
    Rose was the Nanny?

If you ever read the Pond Speculation thread,   that sometimes makes me laugh and
    makes my head   Loopy
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:51 am

Oh, I remember reading your post a few days ago, luvtoread, and then I forgot all about it. Embarrassed

Yes, that key-making part was a real PITA because of things not working right. meh

And, geesh, working the face mask puzzle was a torture. I think this is why the game is taking me so long to finish. I'm trying to solve them without a hint.
    I had to cave and ask for hints on the face mask super-duper deluxe puzzle. Gah!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:24 pm