Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+6
JustTheFacts
luvtoread
djrum
kac
genkicoll
pippi
10 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by genkicoll Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:05 pm

Luv, I was idling for cards -- Haven't had much time to play lately (darn it! >_<)
    kac

Post by kac Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:15 pm

It looks similar to The Tiny Bang Story, but different developer.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:22 pm

I haven't tried it yet, luvtoread.

I installed an Ominous (something or another) game and it messed up on me. Totally quit working, kicked me out and went to my desktop. Rolling Eyes
    I'm going back in to see if I can possibly play the darned thing. Rolling Eyes
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:28 pm

Well, it's letting me play for the time being. Ominous Objects: Mirrors Breaking All Over the Place is the game I'm playing. Not the correct title, but that mirror breaking noise is driving me crazy!

And....it snowed all day yesterday! I thought we were supposed to have an early Spring. Yeah right
    kac

Post by kac Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:33 pm

We've had a lot of rain, not much snow.  I'd love a big snow -- when I don't have to drive in it.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:38 pm

Hi there, kac! Big smile  I know what you mean, I don't like driving in it either.

Our weather's been really strange. Our 7 day forecast starting Mon. is calling for highs in the 70's.
    kac

Post by kac Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:40 pm

You are right.  68 on Monday and low 70s the rest of the week.  I can't wait for Spring.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:04 pm

I can't wait for Spring either. I'm so sick of Winter.

I guess Mad Head Games is looking for beta testers. Sign up on their facebook page.

Corrected to indicate proper developer. Too exhausted last night. Embarrassed
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:27 am

Hi everybody!

Sorry I've been awol. Life is way too busy for my happiness some times. I haven't had a lot of time to play many games but I did dig into my stash of unplayed games and loaded up Psycho Train. It's by Alawar and seems like a bit of a throw back. There's even text instead of voice overs. It's not brilliant but it's not completely terrible either. The sale this weekend is lame so I'm not buying anything. Unlike when I first got hooked on the games, now I am able to wait a bit more patiently.

Been cooking today and now it's time to clean up and hopefully tame the dog hair that is never-ending in my house! Hope you all have a great week!
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:42 pm

OH MY GOSH!

I know I gripe about how dumb some ERS games can be, but holy  Cow-moo   This one takes dumb to a whole new depth!

I'm finishing up Spirits of Mystery: Chains of Promise... which I started several months ago and was so underwhelmed by that I forgot about it. 

AAAA NEEE WAYYY... I just did something so dumb, so outrageous, so INSANE it could only be ERS logic. 

I just-

You are NOT going to believe this!:

I'm rarely speechless, but now... I don't even know what to say. Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 7 Speechless-smiley

ERS. I hate you.
    kac

Post by kac Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:55 pm

Must have been really stale.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:37 pm

kac wrote:Must have been really stale.
    About as stale as the plot!  Belly laugh
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:27 am

Belly laugh
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:02 pm

Hi everybody!

Hope you all are doing well. It's been another busy and crazy week for me. Extra hours at work for parent/teacher conferences... progress reports... etc. My MIL passed away on Wednesday too, so since we live across the country, it's been tricky planning things and with Holy Week it's been a challenge to set up the funeral. We're fine, so don't worry. We weren't especially close, but you still want to do the right thing in a situation like this.

Needless to say, I haven't really played any games this week until tonight. I'm working my way through Living Legends: Bound by Wishes. It's all blue roses and squirrels. Not terrible, but not OMG WOW SO COOL either. Since I rarely feel OMG WOW SO COOL about games anymore, it will suffice. People still make stupid choices and do stupid things in games but hey, they do that in real life too, right? 

Things are going fine otherwise. The pups are doing well. We had Pippa the Shar Pei's eye surgery done, so now she can see much better which allows her to get into even more stuff.  Belly laugh Have to get new blinds and a new Roman shade since she killed the ones I had. Good thing she's a cute little stinker!Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 7 Skunk_shake_butt_by_alvro-d99wzv7

Anyway, I hope you are all doing well and having fun and playing lots of good games and reading lots of great books. 

~Es
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:15 am

Hi@esme!

And "Hi" everyone else!  Big smile

Thought I'd let you know, Windows 10 works fine, manages all 700 BFG games - all of which are downloaded and stored on an external drive - both the old and the new. 

But that is on my system, which isn't by any means mod-con, but since many of you have Windows XP, it is a big jump from there, and you will have to download the latest vid cards etc. But never fear, Windows will choose the ones you need, download and install them, all with your approval first.

Two things to be careful about. Microsoft Edge (latest browser) is horrendously hard to use and even my IT saint can't figure out how to use it properly. A switch to another browser is really the only solution. Me being me, Chrome have a new browser in test phase, and guess who volunteered to be a guinea pig. 

See, you thought I was only obsessed with cats and dragons... love piggies from anywhere really, not just Guinea, I'm not racist that way.  Silly face

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 7 Tookat10

Be careful of Cortana. Sure it is super cool having your computer ask you in this lovely voice what you want, and use your name! Was blown away when she suddenly called Justie! Happy bounce

But she seems to mess with stuff. When she is activated, she sometimes over rides some commands from elsewhere.

However, with the pretty new Google Canary, and my wonderful new Office suite (so well done and such fundamental improvements!), I happily ignore both Edge and Cortana and everything is excellent.  Big smile

Think of you guys lots.

@genki! Awesome graphics as usual, but this one is particularly "dark and eerie"  Belly laugh
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:03 pm

JTF   So good hearing from you.   My Google account got so messed up when I got this computer.

Someone else's name and face kept popping up with my google account name  (I wished I
    look as good as her!).
    Trying to fix it was such a pain,  and it messed up my  YouTube sign in.   I tried opening an
    account under another name,  thought I was good to go,  but, no.   I just gave up.
    So much easier.
    So now they have Cortina on your computer?   I know they have her on a cell phone.

I have just finished playing Grim Tales:  The Heir.   If you have not played it,  I highly
    recommend buying the CE.   Definitely!!   The Bonus is good and shocking.
    For those of you have have played it,  what did you think?   Remember how she
    looked like Angela Lansbury in the last one?

I must say,  I like Brandon.   The one family member who did not seem to turn out
    like his parents;    you know,   the father who kept his "wolfiness"  a secret.
    Later went to Siberia to try to figure out why his family was having
    problems after he moved them to a crumbling house in the woods with no one
    around but a witch?   Idiot broke his leg.
    Ditsy mom got captured by witch.

This one is good, I thought.

It smells like my downstairs neighbor is cooking Cabbage.    No,  he is not Irish
    and yes,  it stinks!  barf
    kac

Post by kac Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:41 pm

I used to hate when my Mom would make sauerkraut.  That would smell so bad!
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:02 pm

Now I want sauerkraut! 

I'm currently playing the new Endless Fables: Minotaur's Curse. It's by a new developer. I think. It's surprisingly okay so far. I mean, you DO have to rescue Hephaestus from an evil plant but still... not as dumb as some of the things I've played in my day. (Hephaestus is the god of the forge... Vulcan in Roman mythology... not a tiny, powerless god, but I digress...) Though there are collectibles, they are varied... some morph... and not at all easy to spot. Like I said, it's fairly enjoyable so far. 

Oh, and Happy St. Paddy's a day or two late from Pippa and Finch! 
    Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 7 St_pad10
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:32 pm

they are so cute  Wub

Whenever I think Vulcan-I think Star Trek.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:13 pm

I added a new beta in the thread... something called Vermillion Watch: Mooregate Accord. 

The secondary spelling of vermilion is bugging me, but I'll deal with it. LOL
    kac

Post by kac Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:23 pm

Thanks Esme
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:48 pm

No problem, kac! I'm enjoying it myself. It's sort of "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" meets "Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde" with some, I don't know... Ye Olde Englande types and some butt whoopin. I think it's the start of a new series and so far it's pretty cool!  Okay
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:11 pm

Okay, I finished the beta and for the first time in a LONG time I am excited about a game! The story line feels fresh and new and interesting. The puzzles had a different take to them and it was FUN! I can't wait for the game to come out. The visuals and sound were top notch and I'm sorry if I sound like I'm gushing, but it was actually fun and felt different. 

It's got Irene Adler, Jeckyl/Hyde, and a secret society who battles evil... the Vermillion Accord of the title. I can't wait for somebody else to try it so we can talk about it! 

I'm excited!!!  Happy bounce Happy bounce Happy bounce Happy bounce Happy bounce
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:12 am

I am trying to respond, esme but keep getting a timed out  Overreaction
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:13 am

well,  of course that went through!!!!

Sponsored content