Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Esme

Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by Esme on Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:44 pm

So, maybe I'm being overly analytical, but this game left me with some questions (and a strong desire for a shower... too skeevy!).

So.  Hmm...

I suppose I should hide this mess... which I do believe the devs should have done as well.:

If Thomas is the little creeper who is taunting all the other Wards and they are afraid of him and his evil ways... why then, at the end is he thanking us for "setting them free" and lifting the curse? Didn't he cause the curse? I mean, he was all "ohh I hate my step-mother... you all must pay" and then he fell/was thrown down the well like Timmy... and he was the big baddie,right? I mean, why, is he then all Mr. Happy-Pants when my stupid character caused the evil spirits of the other Wards to catch and defeat him? 

And speaking of the other Wards- if they are all evil spirits, how did they even "make" Patrick... and my character for that matter? What crazy family lineage crap is that? Luvto's right. They make the Grey/Gray/McGre/ay family seem pretty logical! 

And speaking of my character, why on Earth is she driving out in the middle of the flippin' night to a family reunion with people she's never met? Cuz, you know, most family reunions take place in the middle of the night, right? She's dumber than a sack of diapers. 

These are the things that make me extra crazy when I play these games.  Shock

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:46 am

Belly laugh        Thanks for the laugh before I leave for work.

Esme

Post by Esme on Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:57 pm

Happy to oblige!

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:30 pm

The Gray/Grey whatever family is coming back.

A new Grim Tales: The Heir is coming soon.   This time you need to help Brandon.
    He has a wife,  Elena (same name as my older daughter)  and a son, Billy.

I bet Brandon never told his wife about the family lineage.  I wonder what skeltons are
    in her family closet.

Will probably buy the game to find out.  Hopefully its better than the last.   I could
    not even get through the demo on that one.   Going back over 20 years to find out
    who killed the nieces parents  (which would,  in a normal universe, make one of them
    Anna's Brother or Sister,   but no reference is made about that, to my knowledge.
    Kind of like the Uncle Mayor that Brandon had in the Stone Queen game that
    Psychic Auntie Anna did not seem to know),   just felt like they wanted to do
    something with this  family but they didn't know what.

djrum

Post by djrum on Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:22 pm

luvtoread, there were a number of puzzles in The Emptiness I had trouble with (as in I didn't know what I was doing). A couple I had to skip entirely.
    I was also very disoriented in one of the rooms. I kept opening the wrong door. I finally had to take notes on which door opened what room.

I'm playing the new PuppetShow and that spider/head/robot thing is giving me the willies. He's been in almost every PuppetShow, but he's extra-special disturbing (to me) in this game.

Esme

Post by Esme on Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:04 pm

ARGH!!!  The bonus section of Phantasmat: Behind the Big Frickin' Liar Mask went all Bobby Ewing. Oops. Everything we told you in the story line up to now was a lie. Sorry. Our bad. 

GRRR! Don't play with me devs. I'm not as stupid as you think. 

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:54 pm

esme-ok update me.  I am drawing a blank.   Or I just didn't play bonus-even though I got the
    CE.  Hmm...  

I just did the demo for the new Grim Tales.   I was really getting into it when the demo ended.
    So it is on my 2-buy list.
    Provided a sale lets me!!

I went onto BF site on  FB.   I sent them a message altho I would've like to post it
    for all to see.  I may go back yet and do it.

I told them that having a sale and not being allowed to use GCC is wrong.   They
    already have our money,   so why not let us use it instead of charging us more for
    a game?
    I told them they will start losing members-and I just might be one of them.  I
    wonder if I will get an answer?

Esme

Post by Esme on Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:32 pm

luvtoread wrote:I told them that having a sale and not being allowed to use GCC is wrong.   They
    already have our money,   so why not let us use it instead of charging us more for
    a game?
    I told them they will start losing members-and I just might be one of them.  I
    wonder if I will get an answer?
    I highly doubt it. They're going to do what they want to do. They stopped caring about what their customer base wants a long time ago. At least IMO. 

M'kay. In the bonus section Thomas
    Not really a spoiler other than the fact that the developers spoiled the story line with it.:

informs us that all those evil, bad nasty Ward relatives that we just disposed of are NOT, in fact, Wards. He placed the there... but didn't bother to explain why. Or how. Or anything really. 

I swear they are just trying to force a "happy ending" onto a game where it clearly won't fit. 

Highly annoying and far too much for me to even try to swallow it. Not happening.  Harumph

djrum

Post by djrum on Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:55 pm

I used yesterday's code, luvtoread. I haven't played the last Grim Tales yet. I think Elephant used Surface music for the new Grim Tales.

Surprisingly, I really enjoyed PuppetShow: The Face of Humanity (or something like that)! Never thought I'd say that again. Big smile

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:58 am

djrum wrote:I used yesterday's code, luvtoread. I haven't played the last Grim Tales yet. I think Elephant used Surface music for the new Grim Tales.

Surprisingly, I really enjoyed PuppetShow: The Face of Humanity (or something like that)! Never thought I'd say that again. Big smile

You mean the code from Wednesday?    The past few sales had said coupon codes and GCC's
    could not be used,   so I didn't use it fearing I would be charged more.

I enjoyed the new Puppetshow game also.

As far as the music in games,   they could use the same one over and over,  I would never notice!  Laugh
    The only music I really remember is the jazz from the first Cadenza.   I still remember it being from
    the Aristocats. Laugh

Esme

Post by Esme on Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:15 pm

I am so hesitant to try a Puppetshow game. They have burned me so many times... but then, so has Grim Tales!

None will ever match Twisted Lands though.  Yeah right

djrum

Post by djrum on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:47 pm

Yes, I used the code from Wednesday, luvtoread. Most times I make a note, but I have forgotten a few times.
    I'll check the forum and...a huge Thank You to all the people who've posted the code word!!

Oh man, that jazz music from the first Cadenza was fantastic!!

I'm playing Mysteries of the Past: Shadow of the Daemon, has anyone played it yet? Although the graphics look kind of dated, the gameplay seems to be good.
    I think it would be a scarier game without the um...black smoke. Rolling Eyes
    I've only just started it so I'll have to see how well the story progresses as I continue on.

Esme

Post by Esme on Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:53 am

Oh Lord... help me now. ANOTHER Shadow Wolf game. I gave up on this series ages ago too. 

Can somebody tell me what the code word was?

djrum

Post by djrum on Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:10 am

Yep, Esme, another Shadow Wolf. Laugh I think I beta tested it awhile back. I got it because I like werewolf games and maybe, just maybe, ERS will impress me again!
    I won't hold by breath........but.........you never know!

I was impressed by the new PuppetShow and it's like PuppetShow #154 now.

I think the code word for Wednesday was HUGE. This was one time I didn't write it down and happened to catch it in the forum.

Esme

Post by Esme on Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:06 am

Thanks, DJ. I appreciate it. 

I am going to wait on the next member of the wolf clan... at least until I hear if it's any good or not. I don't think I bought the last few in the series. I remember getting super annoyed with some story line about a gypsy. I think. It was several years ago. It was all part of my "So Sick or ERS Formulaic Games" stage. 

Maybe I will try the Puppetshow one. That series was so fun when it first started, and so sad when it got bad.  Gah!

djrum

Post by djrum on Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:48 am

Occasionally, I suffer the "So Sick of (fill in the blank) Formulaic Games" syndrome, too.

IIRC, the Clueless Clan's second game was about werewolves and ERS had their Shadow Wolf Mysteries games out about the same time, it was all so refreshing then. You know, back in the good old days when D&E games ruled!
    While Shadow Wolf has kept their storyline about werewolves, Grim Tales is all over the place. Laugh

Speaking of....oh my gosh, I don't know what to think about The Walking Dead. I'm kind of shocked. I mean I sort of had an inkling on this "budding new romance" thing (trying to stay away from giving out any spoilers).
    One thing I've learned in a Zombie Apocalypse is, no Love Interest!!! Someone is going to get killed off. Remember Little Joe from Bonanza? He never could have a girlfriend.
    So, I'm extremely worried about these two prominent characters from The Walking Dead. I'm afraid, very afraid. I like him, but I really like her and I don't want to see anything BAD happen to either one of them. Cry

djrum

Post by djrum on Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:43 pm

I've finished Mysteries of the Past: Shadow of the Daemon and it was a very good game!

The Storyline: As a paranormal investigator, you receive a letter asking for help in the mysterious disappearance of a father and his son from a mountain lodge.

The gameplay in this one was top-notch. The graphics were computer generated rather than hand-drawn and fit the story well.

The HO scenes were multi-layered and consisted of regular lists, replace items, find the pairs, fragmented objects, heck...so many different ways to find things, I couldn't keep track.

The puzzles ranged from easy-medium difficulty. I didn't have to skip any and that's always a good thing! Laugh

Word of caution...look around as useful items aren't always in plain sight. And...you do have to use your head. This game is NOT easy!

I had almost wide-screen and some loading screens in-between chapters. Not a lot and certainly nothing to worry about. The game played smoothly on my Win 7 laptop.

No achievements or collectibles and that's fine with me.

Great game, Blue Brain Games!! Okay

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:09 am

Now this is weird... When I wasn't logged in, all of the posts were peppered with links inserted by "VigLink."  Now that I'm logged in, they've all disappeared (thankfully!)  I have NO idea what that was all about.

Has anyone else noticed weird links about the site that you didn't add?

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:38 am

genki-  no,  nothing weird popping up,  and  I did have to log in.   I noticed last week
    you were playing a game-No One Home? -  I cannot remember the exact name.
    Anyway,   did you like it?   I looked it up and reviewers on Steam did not like it.

dj-I am happy they are together.  Don't worry.  They are strong and have each others back.  Hug

I will be back later.  Have to get going.

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:44 pm

genki-   A Shot in the Dark-  that is the name of the game--I hope... Oops!

I did start to play MOTP: Shadow of the Daemon.    I do plan on getting it
    with a PCC.

dj- not sure if you read TWD  comics.   I haven't,  but I read excerpts from
    TWD sites.    What happened to Carl is in the comics and so is Negan.
    There is  a death of a major character in  the comics.   Lets see if the show
    sticks with that or does something different.
    Hopefully our Samarai Warrior and the Rickanator will be fine.

djrum

Post by djrum on Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:44 pm

Genki, it does it on my computer, too. I never add links because I don't know how to do that.

luvtoread, I don't read the comics, but I am worried about them. Sweat drop

Heck, I thought something seriously bad happened to Carl and he was going to get killed off. Then he was lying in bed with a gunshot wound...next episode, he's up and about. I was thinking maybe I missed an episode or two. Huh?

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:30 am

dj-  No, Carl got shot right next to his eye,  which I found out followed the comic version.
    That was an intense episode.

kac

Post by kac on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:29 pm

That was a good episode.  Supposedly weeks had past between the first and second episodes.

djrum

Post by djrum on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:05 pm

Oh my gosh, was it ever! Thanks for clearing things up for me, luvtoread and kac! Big smile

I thought maybe I was in the kitchen getting a snack and missed something, but no way, I don't eat anything during that show. barf

I wish Jewel Match games would come out as often as the Fantasy Mosaics games. Sigh

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:34 am

Have any of you tried playing STEEL Life?   I am playing it now and it is good.   At first,
    I thought it was a bit difficult, but once I got the hang of it I started to really enjoy it.
    Some have compared it to The Tiny Bang Story.

It is  different,  our character being a robot and having to accomplish different goals.
    The one thing I didn't get at first but finally got was when I could attach the PDF.
    There is a cord in the left corner that I finally realized I could pull up and plug in.

Anyone,  once again I better get to work.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:11 pm

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:11 pm