Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

luvtoread

Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by luvtoread on Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:12 am

How is everyone out there?   

I am happy-Elf is back.     Happy bounce

I miss everyone over here.   It is just so lonely

I do enjoy  Orphaned's posts.

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:16 am

esme-how's your new baby doing?  I hope you post more pics.

genki- by now hopefully you are done with  the torture of moving and things are back to normal.

dj----WHERE ARE YOU  Sherlock

JTF-  I hope you  and your cats are all ok,  I know you have health issues.  I miss your
    reviews.

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:41 pm

This past month and a half has been brutal.  We went straight from survey to moving to being without phones and internet for SIX DAYS faint dead away  I'm still trying to get caught up, but I'm hopeful that I can get the backlog cleared out by Tuesday. Sigh 

In my off time I've been playing games sporadically and playing a Yahoo! game by the name of My Little Monsters.  I got into it because my eldest was playing it, and though it really seemed kind of blah at first, once the quests get going, it gets addictive.  If anyone wants to try it, here's a "referral" link (I get a bonus if others sign up through this link): http://play.yahoo.com/mpqi3t  Silly face  It's a nice time-waster~

djrum

Post by djrum on Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:27 pm

Hi there, everyone! Big smile Wow, haven't been here for awhile. I seem to have contracted the Cold from Hell. You know, the one you can't get rid of till Spring.

Yes, Winter is finally here for us, too. We are enjoying a brief warm-up for the next few days!!!

I'm still playing my games...working on the new Witches' Legacy right now. What a silly storyline! I tried the TGT and liked what I played. I used a GC for it.

djrum

Post by djrum on Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:35 pm

I had to make sure I wasn't typing for nothing, computer's acting screwy.

I finished Jewel Match: Snowscapes and Jewel Match: Twilight. I loved them!!! I've bought 2 other Jewel Match games.

I hope y'all are doing fine. (My smilies decided to quit working!)

Esme, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. (((((Esme & Family)))))

djrum

Post by djrum on Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:16 pm

I have finished Spear of Destiny: The Final Journey. It was a very good SE game! Truthfully, could've been a CE with all the collectibles, the MO's in some of the HO scenes, the quality of the game itself and it took me 3 days to finish it (which is longer than a few CE's I've played). And I would've paid extra for the bonus game!
    The Good Stuff - storyline. Haven't seen many games with this kind of story. Finally, a game where I felt like an adult playing it!
    Voice-overs were exceptionally good and fitting to the characters. The narration was good, too!
    Graphics were excellent and the HO scenes were clear. I didn't have any problems with object distinction. (A huge plus with my poor eyesight, even with glasses)
    The puzzles were fun to work, nothing brain-numbing.
    And....it was a SE!!

No Bad Stuff that I can think of!  Hmm...

luvtoread, your name was shown in the Credits along with other beta players! Happy bounce

Great job, Brave Giant! Two thumbs up

Esme

Post by Esme on Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:29 am

Hi DJ! Glad to see you are back. It seems weird around here without you. 

I liked the Jewel Match Snowscapes too, though I haven't finished it. 

I am playing the beta of the new Phantasmat which I will add to the beta thread. I have to say that I'm actually really liking it so far. It is actually creepy and suspenseful so far! I wasn't expecting much, but I will be sad when the beta ends and I know that I will buy it when it comes out. I hope you guys get a chance to try it and hopefully you will like it as much as I do!

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:40 am

Hi everyone.   So glad to "see"  some back here.

dj-  I also am playing Spear of Destiny.  But I do not remember doing a beta for it.   Huh?

Did you manage to find the army stuff and figurines?  Not sure if I will get the achievements
    for that,  but I would hate to leave a mannequinn naked!  Not military approved.   Laugh

esme- I did Phantasmat beta,  too.   I agree,  a definite buy.   Almost reminds me
    of the movie Psycho.   But creepier.

I also did the beta for Dark Dimensions:  Blade Master.    I could not finish the beta.
    I was so bored by it.   When right at the beginning someone lost their glasses to the
    wind and I had to look for them,  my immediate reaction was to be fed up.
    I am sick of finding somebody's stuff and the HO  felt,  to me, more of a get this
    over with event.   Meanwhile Hubby stands at the door waiting for me to find my purse,
    which of course is in the trunk and has some lock on it, find the ticket taker glasses,
    which results in the above mentioned torturous HO and pay for the tickets cause his
    wallet probably has moths in it.  Sigh
    Then the usual bad guy stuff happens and the usual chase begins.
    I did do the survey and my recommendation was to just forget about this series
    and move on to something new.
    I told them  the Dark Dimensions is not dark and not fun.

Hope to see  everyone soon.

Esme

Post by Esme on Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:06 am

I'm glad it wasn't just me who liked it, luvto. I feel like I am getting really cynical about games, and the fact that I really enjoyed the beta made me wonder if I was missing something. LOL

I'm playing the MT: Paxton Creek Phantom Wannabe and it is totally cracking me up. All the people popping up and hiding and just being goofy... I keep thinking they should be giving me helpful information, but nope. Just like real bystanders, they know nothing and are hilariously clueless. I am actually liking the HO scenes in this game too. Finding the correct musical instruments and when you do, you hear the sound they make... or finding the musical symbols... both were very creative and a bajillion times better than your standard "Find the anchor in the hog pile" type of HO that I hate. So far... I'm happy.  Okay Also: Elf looks adorable in a tuxedo!  Wub

The Dark Dimensions game sounds awful. I gave up on that series a while ago. I see I'm not missing much!  Rolling Eyes

djrum

Post by djrum on Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:20 pm

No, I didn't find all the collectibles in Spear of Destiny. I was looking real hard for them, too. I must've missed a few.

Oh, good! The new Phantasmat sounds like a winner. I can't wait!

I haven't demo'd the new Mystery Trackers yet. I think I'm tired of them. If we get a BOGO sale this weekend, I'll demo it. Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart is supposed to be released Sat. and I've got 2 Game Credits waiting to be used.

I'm playing the new Hidden Expedition right now. People can say what they want about Eipix's games, but I find them enjoyable enough for me.

The Dark Dimensions games have gotten kind of boring lately.

djrum

Post by djrum on Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:53 pm

Sorry, luvtoread. I was in the forum for Spear of Destiny and from what I read it's the reviewers who got a name mention in the Credits. I assumed it was the beta testers.
    I always love to see the Developers in the forums!

BRRRRRRR...Winter is here!!!! The high temp will only reach the teens tomorrow.

Esme...can I borrow your electric blanket????? Please???? Pretty please with sugar on top????

Esme

Post by Esme on Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:44 pm

My electric blanket has been getting a work out, DJ. It was 2 degrees when I got up this morning.  Buried-in-snow

I finally finished the main game of MT Paxton Whatever. I still like the series, and Elf is the only helper I can stand any more. Sometimes I think Elf is smarter than our Detective character, but hey, at least he's on our side.  Silly face

Things here are never dull. Pippa, our new Shar Pei, had her spay surgery and some eye surgery on Friday. She's discovered that the Cone of Shame can function as a weapon and she's enjoying pushing Finch around with it and smacking Hubs and me in the legs. I think she thinks it's payback time. 

Had a nice dinner out with my hubby for Valentine's Day and just have been enjoying our time together. I might get to the bonus section of MT tonight, or maybe not. Depends on what hubs has in mind.

I hope you all are having a great weekend, getting lots of love, and staying warm! 

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:46 pm

So weird... We've having unseasonably-warm winter weather here for the second year in a row.  It's going to be 60 degrees tomorrow! OH!

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:18 am

Paxton Creek is not bad,   just doesn't have the wow factor.  But if it has Elf,  I will play.
    All those cowering people are rather entertaining.

With the  below 0 weather we had this weekend,  I spent most of it playing games.
    I started on a LF Adventure game-SOMA- and really got into it.  Talk about jump scenes!
    Rather fun.
    So when I demoed Tales of Terror--I was bored.  Not sure if I would have felt that way
    if I had not played  SOMA,  but it just didn't do anything for me.

I am determined to get out of my apartment later today.   It is suppose to get
    up to the 20's by this noon,   so I can step outside without body parts freezing.

Esme

Post by Esme on Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:30 pm

I finished the bonus of Paxton Creek. It was silly fun. I have no idea who the bad guy was or why we were chasing him, but that's okay. Sometimes when I try to figure out these games I try to apply logic and that always gives me a headache.  

I decided that it was a "stay in my jammies" kind of day since I am always cold and I didn't really have to go anywhere, so it was couch potato time. Yay for laziness! 

Currently downloading Phantasmat: Behind the Mask as I somehow didn't play it yet. I'm hoping the one I beta tested is out soon because I really did enjoy it. 

I hope you all are staying warm if it's cold and staying cool if it's warm... and playing lots of fun games! 

djrum

Post by djrum on Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:27 pm

I did get Paxton Creek. The villain dude reminded me of the Phantom of the Opera dude.

I'm playing Kronville: Stolen Dreams and although my brain is getting a workout on those puzzles, I like the game. I was surprised by the huge file seeing as how I was sleepy and wanted to d/l a game real fast.
    You can tell it needs some "polishing", but the story is good so far and is holding my interest.

I got stuck on a puzzle. It was a "make a line through all the squares without intersecting any lines" and man, the first one was no problem. The second one...omg, took me forever to work out.

I think my problem with ERS games lies within the puzzles. In every single game there is one puzzle where I'm like...what? how? huh? Huh?  It ruins the entire game for me.

I have been so cold if I could find a way to strap a heating pad to myself, I would. I'd have to have a cordless one, though. We're in another Winter Weather Advisory for an additional 3-5 inches of snow tonight. Good grief, I wish Spring was here!

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:55 pm

Weather is definitely whacky.    Freezing temps last weekend,  then it warmed up to
    50,  but rained and everything was wet and slick.

Oh well.

Still playing SOMA-LF game from Steam.    Oh man,  scary,  kind of gross,  makes you jump,
    I really am enjoying it. 

I finally finished Paxton Creek.   I love Elf,  but at times he looked a little weird.
    The ending was a pain cause I was tired.   One of those repeat the sequence type
    things that will defeat the enemy  Rolling Eyes .    I guess its not hard,  but like I said I was
    tired and could not concentrate so gave up.   I knew it was the end so why bother?
    Really wish we could defeat these things with better weapons.

In The Walking Dead,  Darryl blew them to smithereens.   What a guy.    Wub

Esme

Post by Esme on Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:34 pm

DJ, I remember when the Phantom of the Opera game came out. I loved it at the time! I wonder if it still holds up now? I'm not going to find out any time soon though because I barely have time to play the new games I have let alone one that's four or five years old now. LOL! I still haven't played the Phantasmat one I downloaded last week. I'm pitiful.  Rolling Eyes

Luvto, I so wish I could play the LF games, but I just don't know "how" to do it. I remember one time trying to play one of the Sherlock Holmes games and getting Watson stuck in a corner repeatedly and not having much luck maneuvering him elsewhere. I got frustrated and quit. It's sad too, because I think the story lines of the LF games are so much more compelling than your average HOPA.... but... I would also never want to commit the time needed to a LF game I don't think. I just get too restless!  Happy bounce

djrum

Post by djrum on Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:00 am

Our weather has been freakishly abnormal. From below normal temps to above normal temps. No wonder there's so many ailments going around. We get up to 50 degrees and people are running around in shorts. Rolling Eyes

I do like a good LFA, but I'm like Esme...don't really have the time (or patience) to finish one. I have a lot of unplayed HOPA's I'm still working on. And my attention span is sorely lacking.

I do remember Phantom of the Opera! I loved that game! I wish Playpond was still around to create more wonderful games.

Darryl is awesome! Wub

Esme

Post by Esme on Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:46 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm currently playing Phantasmat: Behind the Mask

Um. 

Did any of you find it to be really, really dark? Not in the good, eerie, spooky way? More "oh that is effed up" way? I'm not really sure I'm enjoying it to be honest. 

Anyone else played it and have a similar reaction, or is it just me?

djrum

Post by djrum on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:46 pm

It wasn't all that eerie. Rolling Eyes  IIRC, I thought the "mask" looked like the boy in The Grudge or else it was another Japanese horror film. I guess I was expecting an eerier game.

We haven't had a really good, really scary, really eerie game in a long while.
    That's what happens when everybody complains about them...now we get fairytales. Rolling Eyes

I'm playing Sea of Lies: Beneath (something). I did get the new Dead Reckoning. I know, I can't bypass an Eipix game because I love the gameplay in all their games!!!

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:01 am

esme-  I really  like your new avatar.

Yes,  I did play Phantasmat awhile back.    I do not remember it being really dark,   you mean
    screen dark, right?   I enjoyed the game-made me glad for my family  Laugh

dj-I also like the DR series.   So I too will be buying this.

I am playing  The Emptiness.    A challenging game and some scared-me jump scenes,
    which I enjoyed so much I laughed at myself.
    At first I wasen't too sure cause in one way it is repetitive.  You have to search around
    for letters to open doors-a new word for each door.    But, finding the letters is a challenge,
    there are hints to help and then there are the surprises jumping out at you.
    I also came across one puzzle which I eventually,  after a long time trying, hit skip.
    There is another one I am doing which is also a challenge.

Today is my last day of being able to do nothing but play games.  Back to work
    tomorrow.

Esme

Post by Esme on Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:51 am

Not dark screen... just "Oh he's writing a symphony based on torturing his sister- that's not normal" dark. I thought that was effed up. 

I'm not enjoying it, to be honest. It is crossing some line for me. 

I thought the same sort of thing about the mask too, DJ. Though the little rhyme-y stuff is starting to get on my nerves. I'm about 4/5 of the way through it based on the SG. 

BTW, thanks luvto. I thought this avatar was hilarious!  Love my boxer baby!  Wub

djrum

Post by djrum on Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:04 am

Oh, luvtoread, I thought The Emptiness was very good!

We had a lovely day yesterday...bright and sunshiny with an almost 70 degree temp. Happy bounce

Winter due back later this week bringing us rain, sleet, and snow. Cry

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:32 am

dj- did you get the door puzzle?   I stopped last night with the balancing the scales on.
    The balls keep rolling off.   When the one guy was at the window I wanted to close
    the curtains.

esme-Yea-that Warden family makes the Grey/Gray/McGre/a/y family look almost normal  Laugh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:22 am

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:22 am