Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

4 posters

An American Hero is being laid to rest

orphaned
    orphaned

An American Hero is being laid to rest Empty An American Hero is being laid to rest

Post by orphaned Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:36 am

Half Flower 

On July 27, 2015 my beloved cousin, Matthew John Metzger, lost his only battle.

He will laid to rest August 3 at Fort Snelling amidst other American heroes whose stories .. for reasons of national security ...

will remain untold.

A real American hero .. with more awards, commendations, medals and more ...  than even I had imagined ..

none of which ever saw the light of civilian day ... for, once presented, the White House reclaimed them.

At age 14 ... he stole my heart .. becoming the benchmark for what a man should be.

No wonder I am still single as not many even came close to measuring up.

My heart is so shattered some pieces will never be found ....

He was such a giant presence ...  you either loved him or hated him BUT you never forgot him.

Terse, sharp tongued at times , always following his own drummer .. few ever got close ..

but we did .. a bond that I will always feel ...

when the world really ticked him off , he found sanctuary and comfort talking with only me ...

endless hours on the phone  ..

my loving the sound of his voice and making him laugh as I can be quite outrageous ..

he always loomed so large in my heart .. was sure he was at least 6foot100 !!!

imagine my surprise when I learned that no one in the family was over 5foot9!!!!  EEK!

>>> yet everyone had such BIG PERSONALITIES and hearts they all seemed like GIANTS !!

REST IN PEACE ,  my beloved warrior.

You will live in my heart  FOREVER  .....   Wub Heart

edited to correct date

Last edited by orphaned on Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lion
    Lion

An American Hero is being laid to rest Empty Re: An American Hero is being laid to rest

Post by Lion Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:52 am

So sorry for that orphaned, but he sounded like a wonderful man.  Too bad he is gone from your life now.
    orphaned
    orphaned

An American Hero is being laid to rest Empty Re: An American Hero is being laid to rest

Post by orphaned Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:58 am

Half Flower

ps

we never knew that the wonderful Metzgers even existed  until I was 14

2nd or 3rd cousins twice removed .... aargh .. Stars ..geneologies make my head spin

but family nonetheless ..   Heart Heart Heart

yet the sadness does not end with the loss of Matt

a week before John also passed away ...

John who had to fly to Toronto on my parent's 50th wedding anniversary with Sister's birth info etc

somehow she managed to arrive here using her Library Card as ID !!!! Belly laugh Belly laugh Belly laugh 

but she would not get back to Minnesota using the same ..

gotta love those nuns !!!

and she was a pip !!

many of my American clan are either nuns or priests ... 

reunions were always fascinating ... who knew the religious were so naughty ???

and told the bawdiest jokes !!!!  Embarrassed

Rest in peace, dear John ..  Hug

Rest in peace, dearest Matt ...  Hug Heart
    orphaned
    orphaned

Post by orphaned Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:13 am

Lion wrote:So sorry for that orphaned, but he sounded like a wonderful man.  Too bad he is gone from your life now.
    Half Flower

thanks, sweetie .. Hug

in his own way he was wonderful 

yet he terrorized so many as was one scarey dude ... but not for me 

I always saw his heart ... his goodness. his gentleness

as did the family and those who took the time to know him ... if he let them ..

hmmm ... where even angels fear to tread .. you will find me 

his loss is hard enough to bear ...

what is really killing me now is that I cannot even be there to say gooodbye and honour him...  Cry Cry Cry
    orphaned
    orphaned

Post by orphaned Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:50 pm

An American Hero is being laid to rest 2752872760 

On July 27, 2015 my beloved cousin, Matthew John Metzger, lost his only battle.

He will be laid to rest August 3 at Fort Snelling amidst other American heroes whose stories ..

for reasons of national security ... will remain untold.

A real American hero .. with more awards, commendations, medals and more ...  than even I had imagined ..

none of which ever saw the light of civilian day ... for, once presented, the White House reclaimed them.

At age 14 ... he stole my heart .. becoming the benchmark for what a man should be.

No wonder I am still single as not many even came close to measuring up.

My heart is so shattered some pieces will never be found ....

He was such a giant presence ...  you either loved him or hated him BUT you never forgot him.

Terse, sharp tongued at times , always following his own drummer .. few ever got close ..

but we did .. a bond that I will always feel ...

when the world really ticked him off , he found sanctuary and comfort talking with only me ...

endless hours on the phone  ..

my loving the sound of his voice and making him laugh as I can be quite outrageous ..

he always loomed so large in my heart .. was sure he was at least 6foot100 !!!

imagine my surprise when I learned that no one in the family was over 5foot9!!!!  An American Hero is being laid to rest Affraid

>>> yet everyone had such BIG PERSONALITIES and hearts they all seemed like GIANTS !!

REST IN PEACE ,  my beloved warrior.

You will live in my heart  FOREVER  .....   An American Hero is being laid to rest 1594567168 An American Hero is being laid to rest 672797614
    orphaned
    orphaned

Post by orphaned Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:57 pm

Half Flower 

in case you are wondering ... typos make me mental ... Stars 

and for something as important as this ... it should be error free

plus that last edited thing REALLY gets  me .... meh    grrrrrrrrrrr

so for my own peace of mind .... this (above) is how it should look.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:37 am

I'm so sorry for your loss, orphaned Hug
    orphaned
    orphaned

Post by orphaned Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:43 pm

genkicoll wrote:I'm so sorry for your loss, orphaned Hug
    Half Flower

grateful thanks ..  Hug

being here helps more than words can say ...
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:53 pm

I am so sorry for your losses Orpaned.

They both sound like amazing men, and you have such wonderful memories of them.

They will live forever in your heart and your mind. 

Lots of hugs  Hug
    orphaned
    orphaned

Post by orphaned Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:04 pm

Frodo wrote:I am so sorry for your losses Orpaned.

They both sound like amazing men, and you have such wonderful memories of them.

They will live forever in your heart and your mind. 

Lots of hugs  Hug
    Half Flower

thanks for your kind words .. heart flowers

having YOU back helps soooooo much  Hug

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:26 am