Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Awakening 3: The Goblin Kingdom

genkicoll

Awakening 3: The Goblin Kingdom

Post by genkicoll on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:51 pm

Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom
    by Boomzap Entertainment - August, 2011

Series links: Awakening 1: The Dreamless Castle, Awakening 2: Moonfell Wood, Awakening 3: The Goblin Kingdom, Awakening 4: The Skyward Castle, Awakening 5: The Sunhook Spire, Awakening Kingdoms "Free-to-Play", Awakening 6: The Redleaf Forest, Awakening 7: The Golden Age

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin for PC as Standard Edition

After overcoming the Dreamless Castle and Moonfell Wood, you  have come to the rugged, mountainous snow-peaked Goblin Kingdom.  Princess Sophia, the only human seen in over a century in this part of  the world, seeks answers from its wise King about the fate of the rest  of her people. But dark portents await: things are not well in the  Kingdom, and dark shadows lurk waiting to trap the unwitting Princess in Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus gameplay
    • Integrated Strategy Guide
    • Wonderful Wallpapers

For the Standard Edition:

• Strategy Guide
    • Blog Walkthrough (Big Fish)

Click images to enlarge

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:52 am; edited 4 times in total

JustTheFacts

Re: Awakening 3: The Goblin Kingdom

Post by JustTheFacts on Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:23 am

Little Sophia Grows Up

Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny 

GAME COMPLETED SEVERAL TIMES

Playing The Awakening series back to back, you notice something not otherwise immediately obvious: that with The Goblin Kingdom, the series suddenly became more sophisticated on several levels simultaneously. 

The always beautiful art suddenly becomes stunning, with better definition and animation, and more “liveliness”. I noticed too that some of the close up scenes resemble concept art in their broad-strokes style. Interesting.

With this new art comes a graver, darker story, with an actual bad guy, and the introduction of politics. Less cozy fairy tale atmosphere and just a sprinkle of the Brothers Grimm. To the betterment of the story, I point out, as it has lost a little of its schmalz, and adults can now play it without excuses. J

Finally, the game play is dramatically more difficult. I skipped more than half the puzzles – but maybe I was just tired. Tangrams are tougher than Solitaire and Mahjong as well.

I recommend this game!

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:35 am