Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Awakening 2: Moonfell Wood

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Awakening 2: Moonfell Wood Empty Awakening 2: Moonfell Wood

Post by genkicoll Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:50 pm

Awakening: Moonfell Wood
    by Boomzap Entertainment - December, 2010

Series links: Awakening 1: The Dreamless Castle, Awakening 2: Moonfell Wood, Awakening 3: The Goblin Kingdom, Awakening 4: The Skyward Castle, Awakening 5: The Sunhook Spire, Awakening Kingdoms "Free-to-Play", Awakening 6: The Redleaf Forest, Awakening 7: The Golden Age

Available at:  
    Big Fish for PC and Mac  
    Steam

Awakening 2: Moonfell Wood Awakening-moonfell-wood_feature

After awaking from a century long slumber, Princess Sophia finds a world that is devoid of people! Help her find her friends and family and take her rightful place. Search gorgeous locations for helpful clues and discover Sophia’s destiny in Awakening: Moonfell Wood, a beautiful Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game. Follow your fairy friend as you explore the incredible landscape and help Sophia find her people!

• Incredible graphics
    • Fantastic gameplay
    • Sophia must find her people!

Click images to enlarge
    Awakening 2: Moonfell Wood Th_screen1  Awakening 2: Moonfell Wood Th_screen2  Awakening 2: Moonfell Wood Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Awakening 2: Moonfell Wood Empty Re: Awakening 2: Moonfell Wood

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:19 pm

Again, Beautiful

Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny

GAME COMPLETED SEVERAL TIMES 

This sequel to Dreamless Castle picks up where it left off and begins Sophia’s quest for her family. To my mind the best thing about this game is the beautiful art, and ultimately, it is the artwork that makes all of this series exceptional. 

The gameplay is similar, and once again I needed help in the early stages, but soon am lost in the experience. Instead of Goblinjong, this time it is Tripeaks, a version of Solitaire, that you play with those you encounter.  

Again, there are only a couple of HOs with lists, but plenty of, “spot the difference” “find the pairs” that I deem HOs in another form. One particular version that I really enjoyed was the magic cards which are sketch drawn, and where you must find “12 of” . There were still numerous puzzles and mini-games in this one, and I liked that I could do most of them.

And by the way, who was that mysterious goblin?  

I recommend this game!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:36 pm

Awakening 2: Moonfell Wood (IHOG)

Princess Sophia continues her journey to find her people, joined once again by her fairy guide.  It's not long before we find a fiery little dragon to help us along the way, and this cute little guy stays in our inventory throughout the game.

Options include separate sliders for Sound and Music, Full-screen and Custom Cursor.  Choice of Normal or Casual Mode. 

The Steam overlay does not work with this one, so no easy screenshot-taking. I did take some manually and will be adding them to the Artwork section soon.

Despite the fact that I bought this game soon after it came out, this is the first time that I've actually played it.

Although at first it looks like Moonfell Wood is just a cookie cutter sequel, it is actually much different than the first game. 

We will still find objects scattered throughout the adventure parts of the game, but this time they are spread across multiple scenes, and don't need a trigger to appear.  There a bit more to-ing and fro-ing, but we have a central area that we return to, and eventually previous areas will no longer be accessible.  There is no MAP or fast-travel, but the way the game is structured, I don't feel that they were really needed.

Lovely little Mira (our fairy HINT button) is a bit more helpful during the adventure portions, and though there is still no directional hint, it's not hard to figure out what we need to be doing.

Periodically we'll find tarot cards, and each one has x-number the same item to find on it (ie. find 10 stars.)  These cards help us along our way, and also add depth to the story in a creative way.

Our Journal chronicles - but does not add to - the story, and can contain hints.  Some of the puzzle solutions are so specific that most people won't be able to complete them without referencing the journal... or at least MY memory isn't that good! lol~ I recommend avoiding the Goals tab unless you need help, as it is contains spoiler-hints. 

The hidden object scenes are lightly-interactive, with items in yellow needing some kind of action before you can find them.  It didn't seem like there were a lot of HOS in the game, but that is only the find-by-list scenes.  There are also the aforementioned items we need to find in the adventure portion, those on the tarot cards, and mid-game there are also several fragmented objects that we will need to find.  It's just that these other scenes were so well-integrated into the game that I didn't notice them as much!

I will add a spider alert here (we collect them in one scene), but they are not presented in a scary way.  They're actually quite pretty!

Moonfell Wood felt very puzzle-heavy, and while there are repeating themes to a lot of them, they were presented in such a way that they didn't feel boring or repetitive.  Themes include tripeaks*, pattern recognition, matching like pairs/finding the odd one out, untangling ropes, putting pieces back together, swap-the-pieces puzzles, etc.  These can be SKIPPED once the meter fills.

*We have tripeaks instead of goblinjong this time around, and the mini-game is accessible via the main menu (although we don't get trivia when completing them this time.)  This is easy tripeaks, as we have multiple foundation cards to work with.

Puzzles can so often disrupt the flow of the story, but everything in this game is so appropriately-paced that it felt perfectly natural to be doing all of these minis. 

The devs weave together wonder and magic, puzzles, adventure and hidden objects into a beautiful tapestry that was a joy to explore.  Without skipping any minis, the game took me 5.5 hours to complete.  Absolutely recommended, I enjoyed every minute of it. Okay

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:45 am