Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+5
kac
RenaissanceMom
katy12250
pippi
genkicoll
9 posters

The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav Group Play-through

kac

The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav Group Play-through - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav Group Play-through

Post by kac Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:39 pm

I'm probably lagging behind everyone as I've just made it to where the Fairy is.  I'm playing on easy and when I click the help button, nothing appears to happen.  I do have all the hot spots with the space bar though.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav Group Play-through - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav Group Play-through

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:43 pm

Help button? There's a help button?!? And believe me, you're not lagging behind me. I have just managed to solve the riddle of the 4th oak leaf!! And that took me forever - thanks for your Wink memory jogger @genki . Helped me when I discovered that there were a couple of locations I hadn't even noticed. Embarrassed

But now I'm stuck again! This is going to take me forever. Where was that walkthrough you mentioned, @genki 
    kac

Post by kac Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:55 pm

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:03 pm

Thanks heaps @kac! Boy I am such a dummy! Severely out of practice!  Embarrassed
    kac

Post by kac Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:15 pm

I've already checked out the walkthrough, so don't feel bad.  I mostly play RPGs and have no patience for figuring out point and click gameplay!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:17 pm

RPGs were mostly what I used to play too. But to me, this sort of adventure seems very similar. Both required oodles more patience than I currently have available. Rolling Eyes
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:17 pm

There's a help button? Huh? 

I got stuck for a while in a port town, and I could NOT figure out what I had missed... or why the hell I had a freaking
    Spoiler:
    in my inventory!  What the heck was *that* supposed to be for??  Yeah, I played this game last year and I remember quite a bit, but I really was stumped, and had to take a look at the walkthrough myself Silly face  (There's a link in the second post of this thread, along with some gameplay tips and info.)

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:20 pm

I'm putting in about an hour a day with this, believe it or not. Now I've given in to temptation regarding the walkthrough, perhaps I can achieve a bit more, and so get really into it. I must say, I do like it! And it looks so good! Well, remember, I am comparing it with games made 10+ years ago and for PS2 mostly.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:14 pm

I'm taking my time with it, as I know I'm pretty far ahead of everyone else.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:03 am

Ok....I just dl'd the game. I just do not like to be left out of group plays!! Tantrum

Like Genki, I played this awhile back, so it will be interesting to see what I remember,
    or don't. Laugh
    Also, I want to see if I can get more achievements this time around.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:53 am

Well,   I am both remembering and not remembering....which should be counted as an achievement!

I am at the beginning.   I know I have to

second time playing at Casual as I am not as Adventerous as Pippi!:

Back to random clicking and remembering/not remembering.   D\\'oh!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:30 am

So happy to have you join in, luvtoread~! Sunny

Remember that you have to right-click on items in your inventory to examine them, and when all else fails, try using your powers~!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:37 am

I have powers?? Superman I thought they were only in HOPA's Laugh

I did get past that part, I really am enjoying this game again.
    kac

Post by kac Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:43 pm

Powers?  I forgot that part.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:57 pm

clay pot smashing! And fixing sstuff! there's no others is there? What would I know  Big smile
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:12 pm

kac wrote:Powers?  I forgot that part.

D\\'oh! So did I! I thought genki was being funny Snicker till I just remembered Geron can
    smash things, like at the beginning with the pot. Oops!

I just got home and hope to play for a bit.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:18 pm

lol~ I'm glad Justie said something -- I thought you were joking~!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:21 pm

YAY! I helped!  Happy bounce
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:14 pm

Anyone been playing?  I've progressed pretty far into the game Big smile  -- far enough to meet the "eye creature" (that thing SO cracks me up~! Snicker  )
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:08 pm

I've been busy commemorating the Ides of March with a little Shakespearean-style verse and 20 dragons  Snicker

Should be able to get to Satinav again today.
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:24 am

Hey everybody ... I didn't disappear, I lost internet.  Cat the Younger ate through the cable cord.  It took me days to figure out why we'd lost internet - the cable company plus me just thought something like ice from all the snow melt) had damaged our main line.  Nope.  All the cat's fault.  Then I waited a few more days to fix it myself so I didn't have to pay the outrageous fee for them to fix it. 

Today's agenda.  Play Satinav and Take a Nap.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:36 am

Oh MAN, pippi! >_<  Glad to have you back, at least~!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:56 am

Oh dear pippi! Darn naughty cats.

My dear little Fiver did that to me - twice!! But luckily it was only the cord of the external hard drive he went through. Now all cables are in a special box that protects them.  Elk grin

I always said the silly sod was going through his allocated nine lives too quickly!  Cry

He's the only cat I've ever had that persisted in that particular misbehaviour. It is the first thing I teach them. "Cord. NO!"

I assume you furbaby suffered no side effects?
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Nope.  It also was surprising behavior; it's Cat the Elder who was the major cord-chewer.  In her defense, she had been (secretly, of course) stockpiling toys in that particular corner.  So the cord could have been confused in her toys.  (Said corner is now Closed for Cats, so all should be OK.)  Kitten the Younger has moved on to using my houseplants as extra litter boxes.  I am not a happy cat-minder right now.

Also fortunately, the cord incident ended up costing Zero Dollars.  So life could be worse.  Hopefully spring will get hear really, really soon so I can put the big houseplants outside.  Out of sight, out of bathroom I'm hoping!

Back to Game News - This game is getting Really, Really Interesting!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:53 pm

Where are you currently, Pippi?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:51 am