Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Favorite Anime

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Favorite Anime Empty Favorite Anime

Post by genkicoll Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:48 am

Some of my favorite Anime:

Lovely Complex
    Shakugan no Shana
    Nodame Cantabile
    (There's a live-action and manga, as well!)
    Fruits Basket (MUST be the fansubbed version!  So good!)
    Inuyasha
    Uchuu no Stellvia
    (Stellvia of the Universe)
    Saiunkoku Monogatari

I do enjoy some (not all!) of the Hayao Miyazaki animated movies.  After Disney completely ruined the plot of Nausicaa (called Warrior of the Winds here) and added music where it never belonged in Kiki's Delivery Service, Miyazaki refused to work with Disney unless they agreed to change nothing!  Not one note of different music, not one frame cut from the work.  Good for him!  

So, Miyazaki favorites:

Nausicaa
    Whispers of the Heart (my dad fansubbed this one, I'm not sure if it's available subbed to the general public)
    Kiki's Delivery Service and Tonari no Totoro (these two more aimed at kids, but they're fun)
    Laputa: Castle in the Sky

I saw Spirited Away in the movie theater, and although it's an Academy Award-winning film, I still like the above movies better.  I have not seen Howl's Moving Castle, but my dad says it's very good.

Last edited by genkicoll on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Favorite Anime Empty Re: Favorite Anime

Post by RenaissanceMom Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:41 am

I watched a number of anime series in my time, and although I do not consider myself an anime devotee I hold very special places in my heart for Shinichirō Watanabe's Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, both masterpieces in my book. Yes they're extremely western-influenced and I'll be the first to admit that's part of why I like them (no pink-haired, panty-flashing schoolgirls in sight  Snicker ) but I  Wub  that they both feature a strong musical element. I rewatch both series every year or so, and I like the English dubbing about as well as the Japanese. I haven't seen his Kids on The Slope yet (I've ordered it) but I understand it's centered around music too. I think he's brilliant!

I also love most of Miyazaki's output (favorites include Totoro, Nausicaa, Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. My dd used to watch Totoro and Kiki over and over as a child  Smile ). Other anime series I've enjoyed are:

Now and Then, Here and There
    Paranoia Agent
    Mushi-Shi
    Haibane Renmei
    Kino's Journey
    Trigun
    Last Exile
    Texhnolyze
    NieA Under Seven
    Serial Experiments Lain
    Tekkonkinkreet
    Witch Hunter Robin

All older titles; I haven't watched anime in some time obviously.  Whistle

Last edited by RenaissanceMom on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:47 am

I've only heard the titles on a few of the anime on your bottom list.  I haven't watched any anime or read any manga in a long time!  My "spare time" is just so limited, and I usually play games or watch the Korean Dramas instead at the moment.
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:53 am

Yeah I figured. Seemed pretty quiet around here. Snicker

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:53 pm