Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

4 posters

Major Life Changes

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Major Life Changes Empty Major Life Changes

Post by genkicoll Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:58 am

*panic, panic, hyperventilating*

My doctor-boss just told us that we're shutting down the practice as of April 30th.  We originally had until the end of October, then the end of September, but now it's the end of April.  Overreaction  

He's been doing this for 48 years, and he's just too damned tired to keep going like this.  I understand, but I don't know what to do!  I've never applied for a job before (got this one by default when my sister quit) and I only have a GED.  I will have had 26 years of experience by the time we close down, but I don't want to do medical billing anymore!

I'm scared.  I'm hoping for the best, but I'm scared. faint dead away   I hope to God that finding a new job isn't as overwhelmingly stressful as getting my house was.  I don't know if I can go through that kind of stress again!
    marianne
    marianne

Major Life Changes Empty Re: Major Life Changes

Post by marianne Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:27 am

Take a deep breath...I've had many jobs and many of them in the medical field, so i can sympathize.  You have tremendous potential with your medical billing.  Drs and hospitals are always looking for billers.

My first medical job was medical records and i had absolutely noooooo background in anything medical, but i heard the hospital was hiring even tho i didn't know what for, so i applied, got the job and was then told it was for medical records.

I've worked radiology lastly.  I filled in temp in HR at one time and learned that it takes a special personality to be able to do hospital work and anyone with any medical background already has a shoe in the door.

Write up a resume even tho you may not need it.  Don't polish it too much, but state what you did and for how long and how pleased your boss was with you and how happy your coworkers were.  Say you need a job and are happy to work in any department.

If there is anything at all...you are in !!!  HUGS...been there many times.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:35 am

There's no chance of someone taking over, as there's no office practice (he closed it years ago.)  He only does nursing homes and hospice.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:56 am

I forgot to say thank you for the advice!  I know that everything is going to be OK, I'm just super-nervous.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:03 pm

My only advice is that your local Labor Department could help you with your resume.
    Also, what about collecting Unemployment benefits until you find a new job?
    If you do not want to do billing anymore, being on unemployment while taking
    college classes is another option.

Snuggle your cats to yourself and repeat this mantra "it will all work out" Kiki\'s Gigi Ohm
    orphaned
    orphaned

Post by orphaned Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:48 pm

genkicoll wrote:*panic, panic, hyperventilating*

My doctor-boss just told us that we're shutting down the practice as of April 30th.  We originally had until the end of October, then the end of September, but now it's the end of April.  Overreaction  

He's been doing this for 48 years, and he's just too damned tired to keep going like this.  I understand, but I don't know what to do!  I've never applied for a job before (got this one by default when my sister quit) and I only have a GED.  I will have had 26 years of experience by the time we close down, but I don't want to do medical billing anymore!

I'm scared.  I'm hoping for the best, but I'm scared. faint dead away   I hope to God that finding a new job isn't as overwhelmingly stressful as getting my house was.  I don't know if I can go through that kind of stress again!

sweetie  Hug Half Flower

wish I had seen this earlier   Hug Hug

but have been so crushed over my recent loss have been hiding  ... even though it may not look that way

FIRST >>>>>> breathe !!!

being scared is okay ... as is everything else you are feeling

do not let this undermine you and who you are  ...  is normal to feel lessened by these events

it is not unlike having a death in your life  ... so if you can >> google stages of grieving as it may help.

you are still a young'un !! 

wish I could say that I was 41 and not be lying my azzzzz off !!!!  Snicker

you have mad skills >>> look at all you do in here and, do damn well  Okay Okay Okay

maybe this is an opportunity to re-evaluate all you can do .. with what you want really want to do ....  while still being financially stable

in the meantime .. feel what you are feeling ... do not block off as will resurface and bite you in the azz when you least expect it !!

you still have 3 1/2 months of income plus severance ...  to come in

but ... tighten the belt a bit ....

you are a strong, highly intelligent, resourceful, multitalented lady  ...

with a great instinct for many things esp dealing with problems  (nuisances like me  as an example) EEK!

you have an innate kindness and an intuitive understanding of people and situations that cannot be learned

perhaps people ... not figures .. are a strength as of yet untapped Hmm...

keep us posted

you know we all have your back

and will listen ...

(((((((((( HUGS ))))))))))))  Wub Heart Heart Heart

Sunny Sunny Sunny
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:31 pm

orphaned wrote:have been so crushed over my recent loss

I'm sorry orphaned, what did I miss?  Do you have a link where you talk about this?
    orphaned
    orphaned

Post by orphaned Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:35 pm

genkicoll wrote:
    orphaned wrote:have been so crushed over my recent loss

I'm sorry orphaned, what did I miss?  Do you have a link where you talk about this?

no .. you rarely miss a thing !!!  * dammit * giggle

is hidden amongst my many many many posts ....

if I say it .. is real

screw THAT !!! LOL!! Belly laugh

ANYWAY !!! we are talking about you !!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 pm