Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+10
ddr_cyclone102
sunshinej
BloomingLilac
tesamoine
jboliver1999
RenaissanceMom
pippi
genkicoll
djrum
Frodo
14 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Esme
    Esme

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by Esme Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:37 am

Chowder is just a thicker, cream-based soup. There are all kinds of chowder, but I decided not to make any and made Summer Corn, Avocado, and Black Bean Salad. YUM!

With two big boxer dogs, a properly-functioning vacuum is a MUST! My house gets dog hair tumbleweeds regularly.  Snicker
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:40 am

Some people in the "supporting" professions refuse to help me with my cleaning because the place is so completely overtaken by cat fur! Rolling Eyes Luckily, I don't have carpet, which makes the floor cleaning process fairly simple for them. But they don't like all the fur on the bed, the couch, my clothes, me, etc.  Laugh
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:44 am

luvtoread wrote:I was never wild and crazy.    I think I was born old.      Old Days 

Haha, I'm with you Laugh  I never did feel the need to go out and party.

luvtoread wrote:What is up with that?    At least they are not doing the comboversDark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 39 Th?id=JN.RIBOD04Blk9R8iEt%2brLwKA&pid=15

Oh look... there IS hair worse than Donald Trump's!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:33 am

A new Haunted Hotel beta is out.

The X

Yeah, that's it's name.  Laugh
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:23 am

I love the Haunted Hotel series' sass. They're very snarky and it makes me laugh. I'll have to give it a try!

I ended up playing the demo of the new Nevertales and also the Mystery Crusaders one. I liked them both, but only ended up getting Nevertales for now. I'm waiting for a better sale. Nevertales made me laugh because I knew from the intro who the "bad guy" was, but the plot made me want to find out what would happen next. The devs for the Mystery Crusaders were unfamiliar to me, so maybe they're new? The game play was pretty standard but to me had a slightly different "flavor"... not that I could precisely tell you what it is, but it just didn't feel like I'd done it all before. Maybe I should have gotten that one instead. I think I just was annoyed with all the HE MEN shooting at me but not taking me hostage like they did the other characters because, as a girl, I am apparently not a threat. They don't know me very well, do they? LOL  Laugh
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:14 am

JTF-  I tried the beta for and it is a definite buy for me.    I was so glad that "I" 
    (or really,  the brother)   did not put that phone up to his ear!   EEK!
    I think the storyline is pretty easy to figure out,   but still,   a Hotel that has all those
    noises and makes you wish the character would turn around while sifting through
    HO's cause it sounds like someone is sneaking up behind you is ok by me.   Snicker

esme-  I accidentally bought Nevertales,  then had to go buy League of Light,  which is
    what I originally wanted.   

I have the Crusader one waiting to be demoed.    Will have to check out those He-Men
    who will probably not want me either.    Hmm...
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:59 am

UUhhhhgggghhhhhh....

So right now Princess Whatshername is making the seasons change because apparently the only way the King of the Wood Elves or some such thing will wake up to help me get to MY OWN HOME CASTLE where Daddy Dearest can hopefully help keep the bad guy from turning us all into the components for a crystal chandelier. Why he won't just help me to save his own forest kingdom is the real mystery here. Seriously, some of these "kings" need to be usurped! 

Or Wood Elves take their naps far more seriously than I do. 
    G\'night!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:23 am

Glad to hear the beta's good luvtoread! I might actually try it myself. I know I've said that before, but that was before my painful falling out with BFGs Free to Play games! 

Midnight Castle actually has been pretty good so far, definitely don't need to spend any money on it, just limit your visits to 15 mins or so at a time. It is incredibly repetitious. I am still doing HOS from the very first one. For about - literally - several hundred times. But it's all been good mindless fun, and pretty to look at.

That was until the latest update. All of a sudden, every quest requires just one item, which can only be found in one place, and it will only cost you 8 000 coins. The average 15 min stint nets me about 500. So we are talking a lot of marching in one place. Getting fed up with this after a while - I do need some sense of purpose to my mindless foraging - I decided in a fit of idle curiosity, I looked to see what it would cost someone to buy enough coins to go onwards ever onwards. 

I could not believe my eyes!! The minimum amount of coins you can buy, and it would not be enough to get 2 of these new caches opened, costs $30!!!!!!!! To get enough to allow me to continue at my normal pace would cost about $70!!

So. Knowing this, seeing the ever-increasing cost of cache-openings, and the new gambling spot that we get with each update, I've decided I'll need to find some other mindless entertainment to indulge in while I eat my supper.

So back to that old faithful Dreamy Detective I go, heart in hand, thinking I'll just have to limit myself to the one visit per day that it allows you if you don't want to pay. I've finished up on the Rue Morgue and am anxiously wondering what I'm doing wrong, because nothing seems to let me move on to the other stories - The Black Cat being next. So for the first time since I first played an F2P game, I went to the forum. Only to find a big fat notice to players that the game will not be receiving any more updates, and I've gone as far as I can go with the stories!!

Such heart-breaking disillusionment! What's a girl to do? I NEED to be able to feel I am making progress, and I can never no longer do more than mindless, directionless accumulating of points, coins, diamonds. All for no other reason than it being there.

WAH!!!! It is all over for me! I must bite the bullet and play a real game again! But I am so far behind on my HOPAs I can't make up my mind what to do. 

What's nice easy, but purposeful HO game I can play over my late-night cereal gang?
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:03 am

Wow!    I agree with you.   I would not pay that amount.  Heck,   I only bought CE's this
    weekend because of the sale.

What games do you already own that   you are behind on?     I find nanograms to be addicting.
    The 2 Arizona Rose games I really enjoyed.

But,   if your behind on your HOPA's,    I say start attacking them right away!  typingcat
    with help from your kitties.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:11 am

I'm like about 100 games behind on my HOPAs - literally!!

Now I don't know whether to start off with something familiar like a series I have played some of and loved, like the Haunted Hotels or Mystery Trackers. And start at the very beginning, because it is a looong time since I last played them. And then work my up to the present. 

Or start with a series I've never really played at all, just bought them, like Nevertales. I played the first one, and was too exhausted to finish the bonus chapter. But I absolutely love it and now there are what, 3 more? So I am tempted to start there. Or with the Hidden Expeditions since Eipix took over. LOVED the Hope Diamond.

Or go easy on myself and do something like the Grim Tales series, which funny as it always is to hear esme's take on them, I found quite relaxing to play, because they weren't too difficult. 

Such momentous decisions!! I have been dithering all night about it while I was supposed to be updating my database of dragons!  Belly laugh
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:26 pm

Will   eeney,  meeney,  miney mo  help?   Did I spell them right?

You don't necessarily have to tackle one series.    Unless you feel you have too.  Laugh
    I was thinking you could play one from each series just for variety  (altho finding
    a million keys does not sound like variety,  does it)
    There was only one MT  I didn't like,   only because it was at the same spot as the
    previous ones.     I landed up playing it cause others were talking about an Elf,
    so I bought it and fell in love with Elf.
    To me he was the only good part of the game.
    I enjoyed the other MT games.
    I also like the HE games,   Devil's Triangle was the first I bought,  then Unchartered
    Island,  Hope Diamond,   like you said,  was really good.  That one really seems
    to be the best ones,   others are ok.

I am playing Nevertales:  Legends,   the one I bought by accident.   Oops!
    Honestly,   it is not overwhelming me and I am trying to get through some
    puzzle where you have to chart a course to the wind castle,   avoiding the clouds.
    You get only 7 steps to do this.
    I finally just consulted the SG,    and it shows it being solved from the  left side
    of the map.     Except I cannot move the "wings"   to the left side,   they are on
    the right side,  which is forcing me to fly into the clouds.

By the way,   I am borrowing this Falcon-I thought Ok,   I will be either flying on a bird
    or an old Ford Falcon car will have wings-its some dilapidated ship that the King has
    so generously lent me.     Like asking your drunk uncle to borrow his banged up rusted
    pick-up.

I do not like the looks of BIL.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:42 pm

luvtoread wrote:
    I do not like the looks of BIL.

Evil Grin

Gee, I wonder why?
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:35 pm

He has that furtive,  beady eyed look---well,  you know and I know.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:20 pm

Okay seriously. 

I'm on the bonus section. Sure stupid queen lady, let the bad guy out of jail to help. I'm sure he feels really bad about his behavior and certainly won't try any shenanigans on you this time. Nope. He's reformed! 

faceplant
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:08 am

Well ladies, I did it!   Okay

I played the Hope Diamond and finished it all, right down to the Souvenir room and the cute little puzzles for getting at the repeatable HOs and Puzzles.  OH! Happy bounce

AND I loved it, AND it was much easier than I remembered!  Big smile

All of which means I'll be starting on the Solomon Crown or whatever it's called tonight, come mealtime.  Elk grin

My usual drill of spending half an hour 'off work' on Dragon Cave for a meal went a little off the mark though. It was 2 hours before I remembered I needed to check my PMs.  Laugh
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:09 pm

So,  you are attacking your games-good for you  Two thumbs up

I just finished League of Light-Silent Mountain.    I really do like the LOL games.

esme-I stopped playing Nevertales,  I will attempt to tackle it today.    On the puzzle
    where I have to turn the rings after I stick the whatever pic on it-anyway,   my cursor stopped
    working properly.
    It was so frustrating cause I hate to skip,   so I just went on to another game.
    I doubt the glitchy cursor cured itself,   so I will have  to just have no other choice than
    to hit skip,    if I can get the cursor over the skip button,   it just goes wherever it wants to.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:53 am

Sometimes I skip just because I'm getting sick of the game and want to get to the end. 

I know that's probably childish and impatient, but hey, I gotta be me! 

I downloaded the demo of three games but haven't tried them yet. The new Dark Canvass one, the Midnight Castle one with a bat on it and Where Angels do something or other. I decided to wait for the SE of the Templar one. Not sure why. Can you tell I'm not in a gaming mood? LOL
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:54 am

luvtoread wrote:
    esme-I stopped playing Nevertales,  I will attempt to tackle it today.    On the puzzle
    where I have to turn the rings after I stick the whatever pic on it-anyway,   my cursor stopped
    working properly.
    I ended up skipping that puzzle too for the same reason.  Yeah right  I posted about it at the pond, but of course there was no response. 

It played fine after that.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:28 pm

I actually left a review for Nevertales:  Legends.     I do not recommend it.

I just KNEW   what was going to happen after King-Daddy dearest told me to go find
    that thing I needed to defeat bad guy.    So  Predictable  (which was how I titled my
    review).
    Then,   I awaken  (cause getting nearly killed but not dying is also predictable) to some
    annoying pixies or whatever they are.
    Enough.
    I dl/d  HH:  Charles Dexter Ward.     Just need a good dark game to play.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:57 am

It was extra stupid, wasn't it?  Yeah right

I just started the demo of Where Angels Cry. I don't think I'm going to finish is. At one point the graphics are so awkward that the characters walking down the abbey hall look like someone from The Ministry of Silly Walks. John Cleese would be proud!
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:15 am

Dear Devs,

No more Black Smoke Monsters. Seriously. It's more overdone than Snookie at a tanning booth. Cut it out. 

Hugs n' Kisses,

Esme
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:08 pm

hmmm,  could you possibly be referring to Dark Dimensions?      

That is another  series that should just say  "Goodnight,  Gracie".     I like their past games,
    especially  House of Wax.    This one just had me wondering why the Black Smoke Lady
    did not go after our character and why the Dr.  didn't just use the stupid lamp himself.

I beta'd it and was not interested.

Right now I think I am gamed out.       I replayed HH: CDW  and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    None of the new offerings have got my interest.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:39 pm

luvtoread wrote:hmmm,  could you possibly be referring to Dark Dimensions?      

You got it in one! Glad I was only playing the demo. Gonna give that one a pass.  meh

Actually, I'm giving lots of them a pass right now...  

Midnight Calling: Anabel- I hung up.

Where Angels Cry- All cried out.

Dark Dimensions: Shadow Pirouette- Broke a leg

Midnight Crusaders- Um.... just lame... I can't even make a pun.

I'm playing Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret. For some reason it doesn't suck yet. I'm sure it will eventually, but not at the moment.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:32 am

Once  again,  you can go back in time to save Jane's parents from dying.   Now,  they have
    been dead for over 20 years,   that would not be a  pretty sight when you bring them back
    to life.
    But,  heck,   I guess that is what you do when your done saving the Grim/Gray/Grey incestious
    family that are alive.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:00 pm

Okay, seat belts on everyone? Here we go!

I can't make this crap up. :

I want to smack the stupid out of this game, but I'd just hurt my hand. 
    faceplant

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 am