Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+10
ddr_cyclone102
sunshinej
BloomingLilac
tesamoine
jboliver1999
RenaissanceMom
pippi
genkicoll
djrum
Frodo
14 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:38 am

Late breaking news from Big Fish - you've seen the changes, right?

Those who know BF know nilosh, know that she is now not reviewing, but she sent me an email...

I just tried today's NEW RELEASE, The Emptiness and if you are a fan of those classic excape room games, this one is great.  I loved the sound effects, the spooky atmosphere and I am seriously stuck during the trial so I will definitely use one of my credits on this one.  Gİve it a try and tell me what you think.  Beware, there is a warning which I thought was just the right bait for me.

Now will visit the game forum to see if anyone can help me:))

First sign of excitement about a game I've seen from her in months.

Let me know what you think too - I need one more game for this month's punchcard credit.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:46 am

ooops! She is talking about the beta

http://www.bigfishgames.com/games/12001/the-emptiness-survey/?pc

Don't be too diappointed though Sea Of Lies 3 is TGT
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:51 am

No, it's out today, Justie, as a soft release!  I'll make a topic in a moment Big smile

EDIT:  The Emptiness  What I don't know is if it's a hidden object game or an adventure!  I'm guessing it's not a HOG, but if it is, I'll move it to the right section.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:48 am

Hey there, Justie, glad you mentioned this game (The Emptiness). I saw it on YT the other day and was wondering if BF would get it. (BTW, I love Nilosh's reviews!)

I have demo'd The Emptiness and so far, it does look like an "escape the room" game. I'm not very good at these types of games and I do think I'll need paper and pencil when playing.
    I did notice the "warning" and though I'm not that far into it, there were some scary moments.

I think a lot of patience will be needed (from me) in order to complete the game. There were no HO "lists" (that I ran into), but you do have to look for stuff, everywhere (and I mean everywhere), to advance. So, because of that, I think it plays kind of like an adventure-lite game.

I did not get wide-screen (bummer) and my "play" area is sort of smallish. Since I can see it, I don't think it'll be a problem.

I do have a PCC ready to expire in about 5 days, so I'm going to use it on this game next Monday. My curiosity is definitely piqued and I want to see if I can "escape" more rooms! Big smile
    Hope I can get through it without pulling my hair out. Gah!

Oh, I almost forgot, it is a gigantic d/l file for a demo! It might've d/l'ed the entire game, IDK and won't know until I purchase it.

lol, I didn't notice any changes at BFG until today when I went to d/l The Emptiness. Everything still works okay and I'm glad of it! Okay
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:14 pm

I love "escape the room" games! If you recall, Lost in the City started out as a series of escape-the-rooms before it became a full-fledged game Sunny
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:59 pm

Hi! Hope you're all well.

I've been trying to view game pages at BFG on and off all day, but everything is off to the right side. I couldn't download or buy anything if I tried. I even updated my browser to try and get it to display correctly. What's odd is that the forums pages are just fine and the BFG home page is normal. I'm not seeing this on any other site. Anyone else?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:01 pm

genkicoll wrote:I love "escape the room" games! If you recall, Lost in the City started out as a series of escape-the-rooms before it became a full-fledged game Sunny
    Lost in the City is one of the coolest of the old-games!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:26 am

BloomingLilac wrote:Hi! Hope you're all well.

I've been trying to view game pages at BFG on and off all day, but everything is off to the right side. I couldn't download or buy anything if I tried. I even updated my browser to try and get it to display correctly. What's odd is that the forums pages are just fine and the BFG home page is normal. I'm not seeing this on any other site. Anyone else?

You don't see the Blue Play Now button on the left side under the name of the Game?
    On the right side is the video of the game.

If those buttons aren't working (I know they are for me) you should contact BF.
    Unless someone here can be a better help than me.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:39 pm

Okay, I just have to share. This is the first time an AGES that I don't have free game coupons to blow! And of course there are two games out that I would actually buy. LMBO! 

I blew through a bunch of PPCs on holiday games for my mother, and now I don't have codes left!   Overreaction

You guys will have to tell me how the Frankenstein and the Emptiness games are and I'll live vicariously through you, because I refuse to use my GCCs on SE games. 

Glad to see you stopping in to say hello, Lilac!  Yahoo!

I'm not loving the new design at BF. It seems busy to me, but what do I know? Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 15 Loser

I'm still shocked that I enjoyed HH: Death Sentence as much as I did. I've never been a huge Dupin fan or any of the other game dudes, but Detective Dreamy is pretty cute. I just hope my character can keep him out of trouble!  Snicker
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:10 pm

Esme, I'm sure you'll have more pcc's before you know it!  I used one to grab The Emptiness sight unseen.  Hopefully it will play on my computer OK. lol~

I don't like the new look at BF, it just looks cluttered >_<

Which game character is the easiest on the eyes?  I hear about Dupin all the time, but who else?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:07 pm

the guy from the later Haunted Hotel series gets my vote - I like his looks better even than Dupin

Edited to add:

Spoiler:

Last edited by JustTheFacts on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:24 pm

BFG's game pages are still messed up with Firefox, but I can access everything with Internet Explorer. I guess I'll have to contact CS about it. Everything is so jumbled up that the text is overlapping, as are the demo and buy buttons. I don't like using IE. Guess I'll just have to get used to it until they get it fixed. (I've got the latest version of Firefox.)
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:45 am

I noticed that the forums have disappeared from the Game's page. I do not think that
    will go over to well.

Personally, I like Dupin better. He's not a glory hound who treats you like a lowly servant.
    He is courteous and appreciates your efforts.
    JTF---I am sorry he broke your heart!!
    No, I am still not happy with James sending me into a demonic house while he looked around
    outside the house. Chicken Dance

I played a game recently that had a character that was very nice to look at.
    Wish I could remember what game it was!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:47 am

The link to the forums on the game page is in the top right corner in very small and grey print! The forums are freaking about it, but wouldn't have mattered what Big Fish did, the pond fishies always freak out about it.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:36 am

Thanks-JTF. Wished I had spotted where they put it. I dl/d Obscure Legends-Curse of the Ring. It is frozen on my computer. I got to the forums through the BF GM and found out this game came with this problem (I see your post mentioning it freezing up).

I will have to shut off my computer and restart again just to shut the game off.

Its a shame they never fixed what looks like a potentially good game. All they did was lock the
    Techs thread. Suspect
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:38 am

Damn! I bought that game, assuming the glitches would be fixed by the time I played it, and I haven't got around to it yet. 

Guess that one's gonna be a no-go.  Sigh
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:52 am

See, I have issues with the Dupin games because there are ONLY 3 DUPIN STORIES! That's all Poe wrote. Throwing Dupin in other stories just makes me nuts. I can't get past it. 

Yes, I have issues. Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 15 Loosing_it

I'm going to try the vampire game next. Have any of you tried it yet?
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:01 am

I'd have to say Dupin, also. I've played with him longer. Snicker

Esme, which vampire game are you talking about?

I'm still playing Lost Legends 2 and have been playing for quite awhile now. Man, I'm glad it came with a transporter map or I would be seriously lost. There are so many locations to visit.

luvtoread, you are correct, I do think it's a very good game! Big smile
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:34 am

luvtoread wrote:I noticed that the forums have disappeared from the Game's page.   I do not think that
    will go over to well.
    They're still there, just not easy to find.  On any game page, look at the top right and click on 'Get game tips'.

Justie, which Haunted Hotel game?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:11 am

I loved him in Eclipse, even if the others are right and thought he was a bit of a coward. I had a (well, he was a psycho really but incredibly insightful) friend(?) who pointed out to me once - we women assume we have an unpaid body guard whenever we travel anywhere with a man, or get involved with one. I've always been struck by the truth of this, even though most of us will never have to put it to the test.

So I try to be an independent investigator - at least in the really spooky games  Sherlock
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:51 am

DJ, it's something like The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory... something like that. Vampire Legends I think. 

As far as Dupin goes, fine, put him in all the stories you want, just don't call him Dupin. I'm not sure why it bugs me so much that they stick him in all the other Poe stories, but it does. Say he's C. August Dupin's twin brother Jimbo. I don't care. That's great. Just don't call him the C. August Dupin if it's not Rue Morgue, Marie Roget, or Purloined Letter!
     Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 15 Soapbox (Yes, I realize I'm being an idiot, blowing things out of proportion and making mountains out of molehills. Forgive me!) 

Is Detective Dreamy in other HH games? I think I've played one other with him. I seem to recall being frustrated with him standing around while I did all the work. I don't remember for sure though. 

We are supposed to get 4-8 inches of snow tonight. Hopefully by the time it starts I'll be home tucked away safe as a bug in a rug. That's a lot of snow, even here in Michigan!  Buried-in-snow
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:34 pm

Just wanted to add that I am a total Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 15 Loser-smiley. I ended up buying the new Shiver and Four Horsemen in the sale. 

I need the Cone of Shame. 
    Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 15 A_jG9wtCAAIAy5c
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:58 pm

Oh yes, Esme, I have that game, haven't played it yet. That's the one with all the tech problems.
    (I love the cute pic!)

I'm going to get the new Shiver and Sea of Lies 3.

I think Detective Dreamy is in other HH games (the later HH games developed by Elephant). I don't remember if he was in that really bad one...gee, I can't remember the title.
    Maybe there was a character called Professor Shady or something like that.
    Hmm...I may not have the right series....

We're supposed to get some snow tomorrow night. I hope it misses us. That is a lot of snow, Esme. Stay safe!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:09 pm

I hope you do well with the Vampire game.   Vampire   I ran into a glitch with a
    potion  (not at the beginning, mind you!)   and the game icon is just sitting there,  taunting me!
    I plan on buying the new Shiver  (played the demo and got to the "You Sunk My
    Battleship!"   challenge.
    dj and I both like the 4 Horsemen.

So,   take off your Cone of Shame and Walk With Pride!!    Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 15 74
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:17 pm

Whoops, it's Lost Lands: The 4 Horsemen, not Lost Legends. Embarrassed

I've finished the main game and now working on the bonus.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:43 am