Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy Empty Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy

Post by genkicoll Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:53 pm

Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy
    by Orchid Games - November, 2014

Available at:
    Orchid Games
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    Steam

Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy Graven-the-purple-moon-prophecy_feature

An invitation to research ancient menhirs sends you to Brittany to find these magnificent standing stones. But you quickly discover there is far more at stake than groundbreaking research.

There is a prophecy. One that foretells chaos and evil being unleashed upon the world on the night when a comet hides behind the moon and turns the sky purple.

Tonight is that night.

Can you race against the clock to not only save yourself but the fate of two worlds?

• Discover secrets hidden in sleepy Brittany, France
    • Travel between worlds to the mythical land of Avalon
    • Find the truth about an ancient druidic prophecy

Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy Ss_03f3a91d6dff63a6339f1717016351791ca2a0c4.600x338
    Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy Ss_1a09b6e95dcb74875e559e83ddd4258fd0b9cde3.600x338Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy Ss_0085d03fa581f9ba0abfde363acf4c4d33f1ff40.600x338
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy Empty Re: Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy

Post by genkicoll Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:10 pm

Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy (IHOG/FROG)

Options include separate sliders for Music and Sound, and three Difficulties to choose from - Casual, Advanced or Expert.  For those who don't know, a 'FROG' is a FRagmented Object Game.

Graphics:
    The artwork in the game is beautiful, and I love that it's not the same exact color palette all the way through.  That is the key to the success of this game, I think - the amazing variety the devs gave us, but without anything ever seeming out-of-place within the world they've created.  In addition to having lovely graphics, the scenes all have an interesting perspective to them.  The usage of different angles really added interest, and kept things from feeling bland. The character designs were a bit odd-looking at times, but that's insignificant compared to the rest of the game.

Hidden Objects:
    There is nothing "standard" about the hidden objects, as even the find-by-list scenes are highly-interactive.  In addition, we will be tasked with finding items by silhouette (finding an item will help you find another item, and so forth), Fragmented objects (find all of the pieces, and end up with a useable item - purple items are either in a zoom-in or you have to complete a task before you can find them).

HINTS are refillable, and do not discharge when used to figure out which direction to go.

Other Gameplay:
    There are a lot of locations spread across several maps, and there will be a fair amount of backtracking, but the flow of the game is so good that it never felt annoying or repetitive.  The adventure, puzzles and variety of hidden object scene-types kept the game feeling fresh and fun throughout! 

The puzzles were all do-able for me, but none were insultingly-easy.  It took me quite a while to finish a few of them!

While we do have a place to track clues, there is no actual journal like most of these games have. We also have an insta-transport map (does not show active areas - you'll have to figure that out for yourselves!)

The story is nothing groundbreaking, but I enjoyed it nonetheless... Especially when it didn't end where and how I thought it would!

Collectibles:

• 40 mosaic pieces, which you'll usually find on zoom-in scenes during the adventure portion of the game
    • 70 mistletoe sprigs, which can be found anywhere and everywhere, including the hidden object scenes! In addition to being an added challenge, these sprigs will also refill your hint-meter if it's low.  There can be up to three sprigs on a scene, so look carefully!

There are 19 Achievements to be had (both in-game and on Steam).  Although some are acquired via regular gameplay, you're going to have to work for the others!

This game is of the highest quality, from the sights and sounds to an interesting story line to fun gameplay.  Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy is absolutely one of the best-of-the-best in IHOG-adventures, and the price point (at Steam) of $3.99 makes it an absolutely steal! HIGHLY recommended!

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 pm