Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

How to Farm Steam Cards w/o Installing Games

genkicoll
    genkicoll

How to Farm Steam Cards w/o Installing Games Empty How to Farm Steam Cards w/o Installing Games

Post by genkicoll Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:44 pm

For those of us who sell our Steam Trading Cards to fund our gaming addictions, there is a way to "farm" those cards without installing the games! OH!

OPTION #1: (My preferred method)

Archie's Steam Farm (ASF)

OPTION #2:

It's pretty simple and all explained in this short, 2-minute video:

This will be great for those enormous game files that I know I'll never play, like Dino D-Day!

appid.txt file needed to use this trick.

Basically, you reset the appid, then "launch" the game (but must NOT be launched from Steam's Valve application -- that will reset the appid.

Last edited by genkicoll on Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

How to Farm Steam Cards w/o Installing Games Empty Re: How to Farm Steam Cards w/o Installing Games

Post by genkicoll Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:23 am

It's interesting... I decided to try this today for rising storm/red orchestra 2 multiplayer, which I'm sure I'll never play, and I chose to use Akane the Kunoichi (fun platformer, by the way) as my base game with a steam_appid.txt.  Akane loaded up, which I wasn't expecting!  However, upon going into my Steam profile, I see that Steam thinks I'm playing rising storm/red orchestra 2 multiplayer, so I guess it worked(?)

EDIT:  It DID work OH!  I just got my first card drop!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

How to Farm Steam Cards w/o Installing Games Empty Re: How to Farm Steam Cards w/o Installing Games

Post by genkicoll Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:52 am

Post #1 updated with new info!  Archie's Steam Farm is MUCH more efficient than the original route I had posted! Sunny
    tbone
    tbone

Post by tbone Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:07 pm

wow ,very clever way of getting your card drops without installing the game ,i going to try this on my day off thanks Genki

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:22 am