Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+4
djrum
genkicoll
orphaned
snapnhiss
8 posters

May I vent for a moment?

snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

May I vent for a moment? - Page 2 Empty Re: May I vent for a moment?

Post by snapnhiss Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:56 pm

Yeah, I've seen quite a few of those posts/threads.  There was a while someone would ask if there was anything demonic like fairies and ogres in the game.  hahaha

Here's another one and I hope I don't step on any toes with this... remember "Dying for Daylight"  Someone was very disapproving of the game and said it wasn't appropriate to offer on BFG due to it's adult subject matter and that the music was too sexy.  Have a listen.

https://youtu.be/Pxjp6zdcehw?list=PLF355146445F05232
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:08 pm

Oh my gosh... I loved that game, and my eldest loves it even more than I do!  I'd really love to see the sequel, but alas, I don't think it will ever see the "light" of day Elk grin

Big Fish does not cater to kids -- You're not even allowed to post there if you're under (what is it?) 13 years old.  Sure they carry *some* games aimed at children, but then there are games like Redrum, too!  (Seriously disturbing series if you haven't played it)

More D&E! ... just not the same old same old is all I ask Silly face
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:00 pm

Yeah, Redrum was seriously creepy.  For a while there, there were a lot of Eastern European developers that were coming out with really interesting stories with gritty graphics that were a lot of fun to play.  I have to admit, we're inundated with pretty games now, which is fine, but I like a little horror in there too.  I can't think of the game's name but it was about some kind of plague that hit and there was one little girl that you needed to find that could be the answer to humanity's problem.  It had a mix of real photography and animation that combined with the great story, made it one of my favorites.  I think that one was a little too grim for most of the members there though.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:06 pm

djrum wrote:So true. You'd think we all ran around wearing black-hooded cloaks & mumbling some kind of devil summoning chant under our breath.

I just happen to love D&E games. It's really no big deal. devilish grin

That describes a majority of us in the middle of winter having to go to work.  Belly laugh
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:11 pm

snapnhiss wrote:Yeah, Redrum was seriously creepy.  For a while there, there were a lot of Eastern European developers that were coming out with really interesting stories with gritty graphics that were a lot of fun to play.  I have to admit, we're inundated with pretty games now, which is fine, but I like a little horror in there too.  I can't think of the game's name but it was about some kind of plague that hit and there was one little girl that you needed to find that could be the answer to humanity's problem.  It had a mix of real photography and animation that combined with the great story, made it one of my favorites.  I think that one was a little too grim for most of the members there though.

Was it Infected: The Twin Vaccine? I got it in a bundle not too long ago, but I haven't played it yet.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:20 pm

Yep, it was Infected: The Twin Vaccine.  A truly horrifying, Stephen King-esque storyline.  I also liked it very much!  The interface wasn't as good as it could have been, but overall a really interesting and fun game.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:39 pm

Seriously? Someone complained the music was too sexy in Dying For Daylight? OH!

I loved the music...and the game!!!

Infected: The Twin Vaccine, one of my favorites, also. Different storyline and great gameplay made this one a winner (in my book)!!

Yes, I definitely agree. Redrum was one creepy game! That heart-pounding music and disturbing imagery...I remember it being kind of difficult with the matching pics mini-games.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:06 pm

What she said...da blame djrum said it all while I was still figuring out what was going on at You-Tube Crazy Loved the other tracks too!

thankee Hiss, for the You-Tube link! I am still in kindergarten where mini-video entertainment goes. Dunno

I LOVED "Dying For Daylight"! And the music is so good! I would put the main menu page on just to listen. Wub (Now I can simply go to the you-tube lol)

(LOVE the music for Chimeras too! Anyone got a you-tube connection for that? YES ???)
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:15 pm

Ooooh! Look at this!

The Scarlet Furies do the theme from Grey Matter too! OH!

Happy bounce

Here!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:13 pm

Oh, I'd forgotten about Chimera's theme song, wasn't that so good??

I'll have to replay it soon.

Gosh, we're all talking about these "older" games, I want to replay them all! But, I have a bunch of new games waiting to be played now.
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:36 am

I had The Scarlet Furies on my FB feed for quite a while but I just noticed they dropped off. The young woman that's the lead singer isn't just super talented, she's incredibly good looking too. I always wondered what it would be like to have a big talent like that.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:55 am

Yes, Hiss, I've often wondered about that too - being so talented. I am "entertaining", I like to think, but this is so much more. And not just singing either. Stage presence, the ability to convey emotion, and yes, appearance matters too.

I have great sympathy for the really talented people who become "stars", all of a sudden the rules are totally different for them. Privacy becomes a bad joke. As Shakira says, "your family gets bigger now they think you are rich", and "Once you become a star, you've got no right to bitch". Many singer/songwriters write about how hard it is to be them, but few people seem to notice or care.

Anything that makes you stand out in a crowd has got to involve a lot of hard work and isolation, I think.
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:40 pm

Then I guess it's fortunate that I'm a talentless blob.  Big smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:23 pm