Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

The Cursed Island: Mask of Baragus

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:40 pm

by Todo Games - August, 2014

Available at:
    Big Fish as Standard Edition only
    iWin as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    GameHouse as Platinum Edition / Standard Edition

Turning on the TV, Casey finds out from breaking news that her father is missing on a remote island that carries a curse! She immediately prepares to travel to the island to find her father. Overcoming considerable obstacles on the journey Casey arrives on the island and learns that her father and his entire team have disappeared in an unknown direction. As a possible clue to this mystery Casey discovers that Stromberg, one of the team members, attempted to invoke the spirit Baragus using a mysterious ancient artifact. Help Casey to overcome obstacles and solve mysteries in this incredible adventure leading to an ancient city full of secrets and wonders.

Breaking news – Casey's father has gone missing on a remote island that carries a curse!

Overcoming considerable obstacles Casey arrives on the island to discover, not only has her father disappeared but his entire team has also gone missing! Word quickly spreads that Stromberg, one of the team members, attempted to invoke the spirit Baragus using a mysterious and ancient artifact.

Uncover the mystery of the disappearance in this incredible adventure. Explore the ancient city that is full of secrets and wonders. A captivating journey awaits you!

• Win awards as part of your adventure!
    • Experience a rich and diverse setting
    • Play challenging mini-games
    • Solve adventure puzzles

Click images to enlarge

Last edited by genkicoll on Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

JustTheFacts

Re: The Cursed Island: Mask of Baragus

Post by JustTheFacts on Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:22 am

I played the demo for this at one of the other sites, and put it in my "get it a pcc when Big Fish release."

In other words, it was good enough for me to want to own it, but not necessarily in a hurry. Where I demo'd the game, it was a "Premium" edition, which why the lukewarm response. I think it is a very good as an SE with achievements.

Decent if not spectacular graphics, and I seem to recall, a bit confusing to begin with. HOPs I remember as okay, the puzzles I simply don't remember (which I probably blocked them from my mind, to prevent massive overload)

I am elsewhere engaged at the moment, so I cannot give you a better, in depth, review -and it was quite a while ago.

(Dragon Cave of course) BUMP!

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:05 pm

I somehow missed this game,  so thanks to this post I started it and will be getting it
    with a pcc.

JTF--what on earth is going on with the forum?   You and a whole  lot of others got the
    dreaded   Removed By Moderator  on your posts.   I know you didn't say anything
    raunchy,   so what got their knickers in a knot?

JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:21 pm

OH! Oh yeah, that. 

Some of what I said was censored because I made mention that I had played the demo at another site, even though I didn't give names, only that it was the Premium Edition.  Rolling Eyes

What I was really being censored on though was my appeal for an end to the wars over what people were writing in their reviews. I got a lot of very supportive responses, from both sides of the argument, and for one whole day, nobody was nasty to others. heart flowers 

So the Mod removed anything that suggested there were other people out there who felt the time had come for the hot heads to just shut up.  Meh

The final problem with my review was that I said I was busy elsewhere and couldn't give a detailed review. That got censored because it was soliciting members to go join another forum.   Whistle

The last one was justified, but only by accident. I had given that impression, I realized, when my inbox was flooded with requests to know where I was writing reviews now. Oops!

Didn't tell anyone that I was busy playing a crazy dragon collecting free-to-play that was actually free.  Snicker

Oh! The post is here, it's the one you responded to - minus the plea to end the war.

djrum

Post by djrum on Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:11 am

I'd read your review and honestly, I didn't see anything wrong with it, Justie. Not to have the "Removed By Moderator" tag. (I went back over and had a look)

That's why I don't post there. I reckon I don't know right from wrong in what I say and I don't feel the need to be "moderated". Laugh

snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss on Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:30 am

I thought it was funny that I was one of the few that didn't get a Removed by Moderator.  I'm one of the bad children.

Frodo

Post by Frodo on Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:23 pm

Looks a good game.  I'll have to pick this up sometime.

It is worth the Platinum price though, or should I just go for the standard edition? 

Decisions, decisions...  Hmm...

EDIT:   *feeds Snapnhiss's babyBig smile

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:36 pm

I really enjoyed this game.   I got it with a pcc.   Not sure what the PE has,  but I am
    happy with the SE.
    It was mostly Adventure type game with some HO's thrown in.   There were some
    typos in the black bar that made me read it a couple of times,  wondering what it
    was saying.
    Other than that,  it was challenging at times.   I played on the Hard Mode,  and you
    really have to look around in the rooms to not miss anything.
    The map jumps you to a room and also lets you know when you are done.
    I had to skip one puzzle,  managed to do all the others.

Once I started playing I found I did not want to stop.  

JTF----is that all you were censored for?    Rolling Eyes    I think the moderators don't have much
    to do with the CCC gone.    They are not used to everyone getting along!   To boring.  Snicker    

Beer    This Bud's for you.

JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:50 am

Oh, yes! Happy dragon taming Snapnhiss. That Whiptail (brown and silver) egg has a really nice lineage!  Two thumbs up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:50 pm

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:50 pm