Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Warlock: The Curse of the Shaman

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Warlock: The Curse of the Shaman Empty Warlock: The Curse of the Shaman

Post by genkicoll Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:07 am

Warlock: The Curse of the Shaman
    by Quick Click Games - July, 2014

Available at:
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    iWin

Warlock: The Curse of the Shaman Warlock-the-curse-of-the-shaman_feature

You will travel in ghost worlds, meet with the ancestral spirits and investigate the mysteries of your family. But beware - otherworldly forces do not tolerate occasional guests, and ghosts are not interested in the problems of living. Step by step, move deeper into time, solve puzzles and look for hidden paths. Acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to become a Warlock, to remove the curse and stop the cycle of death.

Who put a curse on your people and why? Now it's a race against time to remove this curse. Hurry and find the answer, or death is surely imminent!

Features:
    -Dynamic gameplay
    -Fascinating video clips
    -Bright, colorful graphics
    -Pleasant mood music

Click images to enlarge
    Warlock: The Curse of the Shaman Th_screen1_Warlock: The Curse of the Shaman Th_screen2_Warlock: The Curse of the Shaman Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Warlock: The Curse of the Shaman Empty Re: Warlock: The Curse of the Shaman

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:20 am

Developers = Quick Click Games (makers of Temple of Life and others)

Very Impressive SE With Solid Adventure Play****

BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    I really enjoyed this game, from the opening video to the moment the timer kicked me out. The graphics are very good, nice artwork, a hint of cartoon about it, but executed perfectly. The music and background sounds were well done and the sound effects very good indeed. No voiceovers. The budget must have been low, because it is not widescreen, but it looked perfectly okay for me with the side panels wallpapered.

STORY
    Dear ol’ Dad was something of an absentee father all your life, due to being dead, a state he reached by fathering a son – you. The curse on your family must be broken, or you will die too, at the birth of your own son. The solution lies in calling on the ghosts of your male ancestors to help you, which you can do by making voodoo dolls in their likeness and performing a special ritual. Interesting story, with a little originality in there.

GAMEPLAY
    This game feels more like a point and click adventure game than I have seen in quite a while. There is a lot of figuring out what to do next, clicking on things in the location to find out what happens, and puzzles to solve. There are plenty of HOPs too, which are visited twice. So while it has that p&c feel, it is familiar enough to get comfortable in it. The HOPs are more-than-usually interactive, word lists. As well, there are some items which you must collect pieces of from the location, which show up as a ring of items around the finished product image, as seen in earlier HOGs.

I particularly liked the puzzles. They would seem to be ordinary familiar ones – right up until you read the instructions. For example, what looks like a standard ring puzzle, isn’t one at all, but something else entirely! None are overly difficult, but the Skip is slowish even in the easiest of the three levels of difficulty. The hint is directional. There is no map – that I saw, but they’re the kind of details I forget to note when I get involved in the game.

COMBINED IMPACT
    Excellent standard edition game! A very relaxing but entertaining game – without a single helpful animal in sight! *wink*

I recommend this game!

PS. The English in the dialogues is poor but perfectly comprehensible, and does NOT affect the object lists at all, which is actually better than the best developers can say!
    Sable
    Sable

Post by Sable Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:06 am

Thanks for the review, JTF, I've been looking for a good SE, and this looks like it'll fit the bill perfectly.  Off to play now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm