Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

The Mysterious Past of Gregory Phoenix (HOG)

genkicoll

The Mysterious Past of Gregory Phoenix (HOG)

Post by genkicoll on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:27 pm

The Mysterious Past of Gregory Phoenix

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC

Gregory Phoenix’s forefathers kept a secret. For centuries
    this secret has been passing down from father to son, from the King to
    the Prince. Most people have already forgotten this old story, and only a
    few men on the Earth are keeping this ancient mystery alive. Help
    Gregory discover the secret of his forefathers and fulfill his legacy in
    The Mysterious Past of Gregory Phoenix! Travel across time in this Hidden Object game!

• Unique locations
    • Captivating puzzles
    • Fulfill Gregory's destiny!
    Click images to enlarge

genkicoll

Re: The Mysterious Past of Gregory Phoenix (HOG)

Post by genkicoll on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:06 pm

The Mysterious Past of Gregory Phoenix

Now that is a cryin' shame. I wanted to like this game... I expected to like this game! I was having technical difficulties (I have a feeling that those with older operating systems won't be able to run this game), but I still hoped I would like it.

The 2 main characters are really strange looking. Mousy, nervous... I can't quite put my finger on it, but definitely strange.

I'm used to having a box on the side of the screen (or one at the bottom) that tells you what items need to be collected on any given hidden object scene. This game tried something new - a round, compass-like object in the bottom right corner. It could have been OK, but this thing was huge - it seemed to take up about 1/6 of the screen. Also, the way the item names were scattered around in there made it look very messy. Perhaps it was the font they chose, I'm not sure.

The items in the first scene were pretty easy to find. After all, the name of the item would appear when you did a mouse-over! >_< Still, I stuck with it, hoping it would improve. It did, a bit. The names of the items stopped popping up, which was nice.

I made it through the third screen, still hopeful. Then I hit the airplane. What in the world were the developers thinking?? Suspect The entire scene is rocking back and forth, with bright lights flickering outside the cockpit as a further distraction. Not just slow rocking, a constant rocking that kept my eyes from being able to focus. I do not get motion sickness, I can play 360-degree games OK. This game, not so. I literally started feeling ill, and my eyes hurt from the strain of trying to focus them.

This game is worth trying, at least, but it's not for me.

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:05 am