Today I made an amazing variation: Corn and Cotija Guacamole from Closet Cooking.
This stuff is swoon-worthy. I could eat it until I waddle (and just might)!
Here are the directions and my tweaks (in red, as usual).
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup corn (~2 ears)
- 2 large avocados, mashed
- 1/4 cup cotija (or feta), crumbled (I used Feta because I had it on hand and was too lazy to go back to the store)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (~1 lime) (I used half lime and half lemon because it's what I had on hand and I was too lazy to go back to the store)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced ( I used diced bell pepper because I'm an idiot and picked from the wrong pepper bush from the garden-- in my defense, my bell peppers are small and skinny this year)
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, add the corn, toss and let it sit cooking until charred, about 6-10 minutes, mix it up and let it char again, about 6-10 minutes, and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Mix everything and enjoy!
That's it! It is TO DIE FOR! While still maintaining the illusion of being healthful... veggies and healthy avocado fats, you know...
The roasted corn makes it slightly sweet and smoky and the cheese just enhances everything. I mean really, when doesn't cheese make food better?
I had to make myself walk away, but like the sirens of yore, it's calling me back.