Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

The Crop Circles Mystery (HOG)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

The Crop Circles Mystery (HOG) Empty The Crop Circles Mystery (HOG)

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:03 pm

The Crop Circles Mystery

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC and Mac

The Crop Circles Mystery (HOG) The-crop-circles-mystery_feature

Jane’s wheat cultivation has been tampered with in the midst of a dangerous
    thunderstorm. Some think it was just a prank, others think it was the
    work of aliens from outer space! Help Jane unravel the perplexing
    mystery through a journey of shocking revelations and solve The Crop Circles Mystery! Discover who is responsible in this fun Hidden Object game, and find out what is going on once and for all!

• Immersive soundtrack
    • Engaging minigames
    • Rebuild Jane's farm!

Click images to enlarge
    The Crop Circles Mystery (HOG) Th_screen1 The Crop Circles Mystery (HOG) Th_screen2 The Crop Circles Mystery (HOG) Th_screen3
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

The Crop Circles Mystery (HOG) Empty Re: The Crop Circles Mystery (HOG)

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:15 pm

The Crop Circles Mystery

It was a daaark and stormy night. You see something moving out in the fields! It's... it's...!! eek

Well, we don't know what it was, actually. It's a mystery, especially when you realize that there are now crop circles out in your field!

Junk-piley hidden object scenes, but at least there's a reason for everything being a mess! Things get progressively better hidden as you progress through the game.

Although there's been a big storm (and the appearance of mysterious crop circles) life goes on, so you have to make money at the Farmer's Market to fix the buildings that were damaged during the storm.

The Farmer's Market portion is pretty cute. Like Gardenscapes, you serve customers, each of whom wants three items.

I don't like that the inventory box closes each time you use something. You frequently need to use more than one thing at a time, just a small nuisance. I also don't like the sound the game makes when you click wrong. Easy enough to fix, I turned down the sound volume and turned up the music Silly face

The screen goes dark when you click incorrectly too many times in succession, but only for a couple of seconds.

The music would be awesome in a dark and eerie setting, but this game is neither of those things. It's more like a light-hearted mystery than anything else, which is rather in contrast with the music.

I think that those who like mystery-themed straight HOGs with with few puzzles might enjoy this game.

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:26 pm