Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

1001 Nights: The Adventures of Sindbad

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:27 am

Available at Big Fish

Help the lovely Princess Chalida locate the seven gems of her royal crown and break the curse that has trapped her in a body of wood! Find Hidden Objects, identify specific spots in each scene, and overcome powerful guardians as you seek out the precious stones. Along the way you'll have to solve dozens of clever riddles and beat eight challenging minigames, in 1001 Nights: The Adventures of Sinbad!

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total

genkicoll

Re: 1001 Nights: The Adventures of Sindbad

Post by genkicoll on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:28 am

Review from Jan. 27, 2010

(HOG)

I was so very disappointed with this game. The storyline is acceptable, the graphics nothing impressive, but still nice, and the bugs are a nice touch (if a little strange).

The way they want you to find things in most of the scenes is probably supposed to be a new take on finding objects, but it falls flat, at least for me. Not an item outline, not a description or name of an item to find, but a piece of the picture to look for on the scene.

My biggest problem with the game is the sparkles. Why in the world use hints when the sparkles give away the position of the items before you even get a chance to really take in the scene?? I found it incredibly annoying! I at least wanted to TRY to find things, that's the whole point of hidden object games!

The game was repetitive and got boring fast - I didn't even finish the full hour of the demo. At this point, I'm so disenchanted with it that you'd have to pay me to finish the game. A definitive thumbs down from me.

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:27 pm