Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+10
volnole68
luvtoread
RenaissanceMom
djrum
Momo1991
Sable
marianne
Esme
Frodo
genkicoll
14 posters

Tales of Woe and Tales of Joy

luvtoread
    luvtoread

Tales of Woe and Tales of Joy - Page 3 Empty Re: Tales of Woe and Tales of Joy

Post by luvtoread Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:28 pm

Good Grief.....I am exhausted just sitting here reading this!!

I'll be honest....I really thought the plumber's bill would be higher.    Gah!   You'd better get your
    money back..... rollingpin 

I just had a thought.    This Dave person...seeing he screwed up the plumbing...couldn't that
    come out of the  $1,000 rent?   They will have to pay you back anyway,   right?

I hope this is all settled soon.  We are stressing out with you.    Wish we could give you
    some of esme's  muffin's.
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:48 pm

Ack, I really feel for you Genki.   Hug 

Really hope it gets done by Tueday  Okay
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:12 pm

I e-mailed our banker this morning, and she said that she doubts it will be done by Tuesday Sigh

On the plus side, our youngest has been much calmer since we moved to the new place, with fewer behavior problems. Happy bounce
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:01 pm

luvtoread wrote:I just had a thought.    This Dave person...seeing he screwed up the plumbing...couldn't that
    come out of the  $1,000 rent?   They will have to pay you back anyway,   right?

Sorry luv, I didn't see this 'til now!  I paid the plumber with closing cost money, and the owner has signed an agreement to pay that portion of our closing costs. Smile
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:25 pm

Wow, Genki! So sorry you've had to deal with this but my understanding is that most house move-in's are fraught with delays, tension (aka STRESS) and those ever-popular unexpected extra costs.  Sigh

Here's wishing you no more of the above! What a blessing that your girls are taking the move well!!

Did you mention your closing date? I may have missed it.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:05 pm

Meh >_<  No closing date yet, but our banker said (a couple of days ago) that the USDA is just now looking at requests submitted on July 11th... and ours was sent in on the 18th, so we should be getting close, just not close enough to close by the 26th! :(
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:59 am

Here's an update:

I got an e-mail from our banker yesterday saying that the USDA had just gotten to the loan application that she's sent the day before mine, so she's confident that they'll get to our file this week (um... tomorrow is the last day of the week!)  Please, please, please!

Since we didn't close by the 26th, we have to pay another $376 out-of-pocket to extend our 4% rate lock.  The rates aren't much higher than that right now, but if we change anything having to do with the loan, we lose our place at USDA and have to start over! Overreaction

The landlord wants our rent check, and if we don't close by the 5th, he WON'T prorate it!!  What the hell?  I consider that theft, but there's nothing I can do about it -- we're already living at the house, and we want to be there Cry 

So the stress continues; same old, same old.  I hope to god that our banker is right and that we'll close by next week!!
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:50 am

Really hope it all gets sorted out soon for you  Hug
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:52 am

On the plus side, the sink in the second bathroom started leaking today... but since we don't own the house yet, it's the landlord's responsibility to come and fix it Big smile
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:08 pm

Tomorrow I should have a big update -- we're supposed to go sign the final papers tomorrow Smile
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:31 am

FINALLY!!!!      Happy bounce
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:39 am

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you, Genki. Here's to a smooth closing!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:14 pm

Today we were supposed to go in and sign the papers to transfer the title to our names.  Notice I said "supposed to". Huh? 

Let me backtrack a little and explain a bit of what's been going on.  Although we were going to get the paperwork done today, I had requested that the house not actually fund (payment go through) until Monday, the 15th.  We have been renting the house since July 26th (and living in it since August 1st), and when we made our August 26th payment, the owner said they would not prorate the rent if we did not close by September 5th.  That means that they want to keep over $600 in rent on a place that we OWN! meh  That is just NOT right.  Truly, I consider it theft.  I told them that since they refuse to prorate the rent, we will not sign the papers until Monday, as that is the (amended) date we agreed to close by.  Every day that passes is another $35 we're paying them, so I wanted to wait until Monday to save me that $175!  I told the title place this when I made the appointment yesterday.

We got a phone call this morning saying that the lenders said, "Not today," and to cancel our appointment. Tales of Woe and Tales of Joy - Page 3 Tuzki-bunny-emoticon-001  Tales of Woe and Tales of Joy - Page 3 Tuzki-bunny-emoticon-006

Came to work, emailed the bank, got one response back saying (basically) "No idea!" and waited...  At 11:30-ish I called my loan officer and found out that there were conflicting dates, but it's all been resolved, and we MUST close by tomorrow.  Period.

OK, I can deal with that.  I hate being stolen from, but we do what we must do!  Called the Title company.  The conversation went something like this:

Her:  "It's pretty much crunch time... Could you possibly come in before work tomorrow?"

Me:   "YES!  That is MUCH better for me!  I can come in right after I drop the kids off at school."

Her:  "Great!  Tomorrow morning, then!  Did (loan officer) tell you how much it would be?  I hope you won't be too surprised..."

Me: *gulp* "No she didn't... how much?"

Her: (lists off number that must be paid tomorrow)

Me: Huh?  "That's significantly less than (loan officer) told me it would be..."

Her:  "Isn't that good news?  That's what the loan officer approved, so let's go with that!"

Oh my gosh!  Some good news, finally! Cry  You don't know (actually, you probably do) how much I needed some good news for a change!  I can pay the bills (was afraid I wouldn't have enough to close if I paid them,) buy groceries, buy the supplies to weather-proof the house, fix the (donated to us) riding lawn mower so that we don't have to hurt ourselves whilst mowing...!!

There has been so much going on lately that I'm still having trouble depressurizing!  It's slowly, slowly trickling away, like an overly-inflated balloon with a miniscule hole, but anything helps at this point!

It's been a long and anxiety-provoking journey, but we're almost at the finish line!  Thank you for supporting me through this, whether by thoughts or by deed.  Thank you. Offering   Half Flower   Offering   Half Flower
    marianne
    marianne

Post by marianne Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:38 pm

OMG genki...what an exhausting road it has been for you.  So glad you gave me the link to your update, and all along I thought everything was settled.  Geez, what an ordeal and sooo much stress.  You sure did get some rotten breaks, so about time something good happened.  The behavior of those people is unforgiveable...I have an SG553 rifle in one of my inventories, if you'd like to borrow it !!    meh

Sending tons of Hugs... Hug   Hug   Hug
    volnole68
    volnole68

Post by volnole68 Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:29 pm

Genki, I just can't wait to hear you are a homeowner.   I was reading about Job in the Bible yesterday and how much he had to cope with and thought of you!  You definitely have the patience of Job!  I am so happy this long ordeal is almost over. Hug
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:08 am

It's done, the papers are signed.  The house closes TODAY, just as soon as they file the paperwork. Tales of Woe and Tales of Joy - Page 3 Sunny
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:13 pm

genkicoll wrote:It's done, the papers are signed.  The house closes TODAY, just as soon as they file the paperwork. Tales of Woe and Tales of Joy - Page 3 Sunny

That is SUCH great news Genki.  So happy for you, that it's finally over.  Happy bounce
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:09 pm

And now it's completely official -- the house is ours, legally; we've closed! Happy bounce
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:21 pm

YA-HOO!!      Party     Drinking buddy    Beer

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:59 pm