Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

4 posters

GOG Forum / Trade Game Codes

genkicoll
    genkicoll

GOG Forum / Trade Game Codes Empty GOG Forum / Trade Game Codes

Post by genkicoll Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:36 pm

A few weeks ago, during the Pot of Gold (St. Patrick's Day) promo, I discovered the GOG forum.

I find myself amazed at the generosity of strangers, and the fact that such a HUGE community is lacking in trolls! OH!  That is a wonderful thing!

You can find the basic GOG forum here:
    http://www.gog.com/forum

From here you can find specific game forums on the left, and on the right you'll find both your favorite topics --which I'll come back to -- and underneath that, the most recent topics you've participated in.

For the General Discussions (kinda like the Chit Chat Corner was at Big Fish) go here:
    http://www.gog.com/forum/general

They talk about anything and everything, and there is NO censorship Huh?  *does double-take*  They talk about other sites, trade game codes for sites all over (mostly Steam and Desura, but also GOG, ShinyLoot, and other places), and yes, sometimes you'll see some of this  rollingpin   and this   dirtywords   No censorship!  I declare!

Now, what are favorite threads, you ask?  You can choose which threads you want to track by marking them as your favorites.  Just scroll down to the very bottom of the thread(s) you're interested in, and mark the little box on the lower right that says, "This is my favourite topic".  Very handy!  Here are some of the threads I've stickied for myself:

• Gaming deals thread - Deals and sales from all over
    • DRM-free gaming deals thread - Same thing, but ONLY the DRM-free games
    • Classifieds - Trading list.  People list what they have and what they are willing to trade for
    • Ninja Giveaway - People just randomly give away games.  They may post a code out in the open for anyone to take, or they may say that the first person to replay gets x-game.  Either way, you've gotta be fast!
    • Open this thread... - Another thread where people give away game codes
    • Take-One-Give-One giveaway thread - You'll like this one -- It's exactly what it looks like, and there are two ways to go about getting what you want.  There's a long list of games to choose from (Note that this list isn't always up-to-date.  To have the best chance of getting a game you want, keep an eye on the thread!)  Follow the link on the right-hand side (click on it and choose the "Go to link' option.  Once there, reply to the post and say something like, "I'll take x-game and leave x-game in return."  When you reply to someone's post, they will get a red number next to their My Account link at the top of the page, and vice-versa.  If you hover your mouse over the My Account link, you'll see four things:  My Games (where you can also see your wish list), Messages, Forum replies, and Log Out.  They'll see the forum reply and will message you with your code. (Hope all that makes sense!)
    • How does one make a gift? (aka "Gifting on GOG for dummies") - People drop codes in here sometimes, and often link to their giveaway (aka GA) threads, which are essentially contests.

Now I know y'all aren't gonna run away and leave GGG, but I did promise to tell you how to trade your unused game codes (like those you get in indie bundles), and this is me keeping my promise Sunny
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

GOG Forum / Trade Game Codes Empty Re: GOG Forum / Trade Game Codes

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:12 am

No running away for me genki! You ain't never getting rid of me lol  Fun with leafs 2muchcompy 
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:26 am

Wow, that is so neat to know about the GOG forums! I knew they existed of course, but I'd never visited them b/c I figured I'd be out of my element among the intent hardcore gaming geeks.  SOS!  Plus, as a forum "wife" I can only handle so many forums at a time.  Snicker  Now I'll definitely check them out.

Thanks for the links!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:07 am

It's great to be able to give those game codes I won't use to people who actually WANT them, and being able to trade them for games that *I* really want is great, too! Sunny
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu May 01, 2014 9:16 pm

A short giveaway for Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World (Steam)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This one's open until May 6th -- Click Here.  Be sure to read the WHOLE post!

Games up for grabs:
    STEAM:

- Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead
    - Q.U.B.E.
    - Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves
    - Thunder Wolves
    - Zeno Clash

DESURA:

- Always Remember Me
    - Heroes of Steel RPG
    - Last Knight: Rogue Rider Edition
    - The Cat Lady
    - Unmechanical 

Simon the Sorcerer Giveaway

Dungeon Keeper Code (was a free gift of GOG at some point) ENPX-6C9T-DNR5-WSAD <--Was still available last I looked)

Have fun~!
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Fri May 02, 2014 2:53 am

Simon The Sorceror giveaway?   Big smile 

It's a fantastic game!  So hilarious!  I already have it, but I urge anyone who doesn't, to go for it.   Happy bounce

Last edited by Frodo on Sat May 03, 2014 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cos I can't spell lol)
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat May 03, 2014 1:04 pm

I have it, too, and even the game manual is hilarious! Belly laugh

Another giveaway, this one for the Two Worlds series.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon May 05, 2014 9:49 am

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed May 21, 2014 4:03 pm

Massive Giveaway for games from SIX different portals, from GOG to Uplay.  Be sure to read the first post to see the format you should use to request the games you'd like!

Giveaway for Shelter or Torchlight (GOG versions)

Giveaway for GOG version of Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures

Gomo (GOG version) giveaway

Legend of Grimrock/post1 (GOG version) giveaway

There are others, too -- you just have to look Elk grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:22 pm