Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Rooms: The Main Building (Puzzle)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

rooms - Rooms: The Main Building (Puzzle) Empty Rooms: The Main Building (Puzzle)

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:40 am

Rooms: The Main Building

Available From:
    Big Fish for PC and Mac

rooms - Rooms: The Main Building (Puzzle) Rooms-the-main-building_feature
    Discover
    a 1930s throwback upon your arrival to Rooms, complete with city
    streets and a surreal Mansion. Bored with old puzzles, you`re given a
    new type of sliding puzzle as a birthday gift. Your goal is to reach the
    exit before it closes on each level and retrieve the four puzzle
    pieces. Are you wise enough to use the right object at exactly the right
    time? Mr. Book is the Rooms steward and your personal guide to escape
    the maze in Rooms: The Main Building.

• Sliding Puzzle game
    • Attractive levels
    • Collect items to reveal the picture

Click images to enlarge
    rooms - Rooms: The Main Building (Puzzle) Th_screen1 rooms - Rooms: The Main Building (Puzzle) Th_screen2 rooms - Rooms: The Main Building (Puzzle) Th_screen3
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

rooms - Rooms: The Main Building (Puzzle) Empty Re: Rooms: The Main Building (Puzzle)

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:42 pm

Rooms: The Main Building

What a fascinating concept! I've never seen anything like it before. The description says that it's a new kind of sliding puzzle game, but I generally can't stand sliders... THIS I like!

It's kind of like an Escape-the-room/Harry Potter/Dr. Who/Puzzle game. I love opening scene, the characters, the music, and yes, even the "slider" portion of the game.

This game looks very simplistic at first, but that's good, for it is teaching you the basics. Things get more complex as you move along, adding in Dr. Who-esque teleporters, background-switching wardrobes and more. Sometimes you have to collect something, such as a key, to be able to access areas, and there is an overall quest; a reason to be doing all of this.

Absolutely a thumbs up from me. :thumb: I recommend trying this game if you like puzzles at all, even if you (like me!) don't like sliders.

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:54 pm